Not open for further replies.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
I'm going to have company in a couple of months. They have young-teens and I'm sure would enjoy being able to use the computers here. BUT I don't have any adult content blocking software on my network.

Do you have any suggestions? Freeware or Shareware would be nice but I don't mind paying a bit for the software. Very important: I'd like to be able to do the blocking the background (without the software letting them know that they've been blocked). KI don't want it to be a big deal, I'd rather be cool about it and do it in the background.

I've done some web research but I'm not finding any ratings of the software and it is confusing. I'm running Vista on one system, XP on the other. Firefox for a browser. Norton for the firewall, virus protection, etc. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Judy

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Actually with Vista, the parental controls are pretty nice.

Set up a new user account and then you can edit the windows permissions from there, you can black list keywords and white list certain websites. You can even set the times for them to be on the computer if you want.

That's what I use on my daughter's computer...net filtering software tends to screw up the computers and doesn't always block what it says it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.