Hotel California? or quicksand?

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This place is like one of those. I'm just not sure which. I'm not writing, I'm not looking for an agent or a publisher, so why am I reading all those loooong thread on B & BC? It's like an addiction. Five extra minutes, ooh, let's see what's going on at AW. Sheesh. Thanks JeanneTGC!

MM:e2thud:

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:!

I've not heard AW compared to quicksand, but we often compare it to Hotel California ...:roll: so you might as well just give up now. :flag:

But the Water Cooler is such a lovely place...

ETA: Oh, I thought this was the newbie forum. Well, welcome anyway. :)

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Relax. We are programmed to receive.

Youc an check out any time you like - but you can never leave! Bwha -ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, my evil demented laugh needs some serious work.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Relax. Have a glass of pink champagne. I once posted something begging for the 12-step program to help me overcome my AW addiction. Here's my favorite response (with my added comments).

1. Have a cup of coffee (not decaf) check
2. Have a drink (nothing blended) *pours iced tea*
3. Check your e-mail (for rejection and empty spam) check
4. Write a chapter (yeah, we're supposed to write here) *sighs* Oh, all right
5. Have another drink (shot) *heh heh - pours bourbon and saves for later*
6. Call your mother (to talk - not names asshat) umm ...
7. Walk around block (at least think about it) You mean like ... exercise?
8. Prepare a "flounce" speech (then hit delete) But flouncing means I want to go away.
9. Prepare a PM to RT asking for a self ban (then hit delete) OK, I probably should, but I need to exercise self-control, right?
10. Have a mixed drink (top shelf) *mixes Bombay martini, slides into fridge*
11. Search yahoo news to start a fight in P & CE (you've given up staying away) *Hillary's secret love affair with alien half-breed looks tempting*
12. Have another drink & log in - you know there is no hope :D*since by now it's cocktail hour, I toss back my shot, slurp my martini, and open a cabernet*

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Look deeply into my eyes....... %( 0 ~ 0 )%

Now, say after me.........I will not spend wasted time on these boards......I will not spend wasted time on.....I will not spend wasted ti..me.....I will stay here and waste as much time as I want....I will.........

(This did not work...forgot to wear my foil hat.......I am sooooo sorry.....sigh)

I AM DOOMED.......

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's really like the Hassayampa River* around here. The water flows under the surface much of the time but occasionally comes up above the sand and rock. Yet, the water flows. Look for the places where you can dip a cool handful and all is well. Otherwise, you just have to dig a little to get that drink. But, to make the quicksand tie, in some places, the water is not that far down, and you have to be careful or the wet sand will give way and pull you in.

*In Arizona, the Hassayampa is called the "upside-down river" because it really does run beneath the surface in some places. Some people have proposed thatthe mushy areas that appear dry, but where the water is close to the surface, is one origin of the quicksand concept. Don't know if there is anything to that. It has also been called the Liar's River (anyone who drinks can no longer tell the truth). Of course, I may be lying.

Last edited: