What to do with Rose Liqueur

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I had to buy it.

I love liqueur, and I love the idea of eating flowers.

But, sipping it chilled just doesn't seem to be doing it justice. I'm thinking it would be good as an ingredient in a dark chocolate ganache or cake. Maybe a white chocolate somethingorother....

I dunno.

What would you do with a sweet floral liqueur?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I had to buy it.

I love liqueur, and I love the idea of eating flowers.

But, sipping it chilled just doesn't seem to be doing it justice. I'm thinking it would be good as an ingredient in a dark chocolate ganache or cake. Maybe a white chocolate somethingorother....

I dunno.

What would you do with a sweet floral liqueur?

I'm thinking it might be a sweet addition to a light frosting on a white cake. I'm fairly certain it would get lost as a flavoring for meat or poultry.

Oh. And try sipping it unchilled. I think you'll get more of the floral scent that way.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Baklava? I use rose water in the syrup for my baklava. Maybe rose liqueur would be a neat twist.

ETA: this is off the wall, but how about dunking donut holes in the liqueur? Sounds like sacrilege, I know. My mind's spinning free, that's all.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Baklava? I use rose water in the syrup for my baklava. Maybe rose liqueur would be a neat twist.

ETA: this is off the wall, but how about dunking donut holes in the liqueur? Sounds like sacrilege, I know. My mind's spinning free, that's all.

I'd forgotten. Yes, I've had baklava with rose water. It's wonderful. Not being a baker, I've never tried to make it.

eta: and I've never had rose liquor. I wonder how different that is.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

Oh, and one more thing. Donut holes. That leads me to tiramisu. How about lady fingers and rose liquor? Might work.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
in a flambee to finish off fried banannas

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yay!

These are awesome ideas. it's sweet and floral, kinda like those soap candies.

I'm loving the tiramisu idea...I'm thinking with white chocolate.

Or the baklava, with pistachios. And I have phillo in the freezer!

I also found a recipe for a ricotta ice cream with pistachios and dried cherries that calls for amaretto...I'm thinking I'll try it in there too.

Thanks everyone! These got my brian moving!

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Turkish delight is also made with rose water. It's a jellied type of candy that's easy to make. The liqueur might work there, too.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Try putting it in (or on) vanilla ice cream! I had a rose ice cream several years ago, and it was heavenly. When I inhaled while eating the ice cream, the rose scent wafted through my sinuses. Amazing stuff.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
La Vie en Rose

A sort of martini or gimlet "up" (not "on the rocks"):

Top shelf gin or vodka over ice in a shaker, a splash both of dry vermouth and Rose's lime juice, and a splash of rose liqueur.

Stir vigorously until chilled, strain into chilled martini stemmed glass, garnish with several rose petals.

Voila!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
A sort of martini or gimlet "up" (not "on the rocks"):

Top shelf gin or vodka over ice in a shaker, a splash both of dry vermouth and Rose's lime juice, and a splash of rose liqueur.

Stir vigorously until chilled, strain into chilled martini stemmed glass, garnish with several rose petals.

Voila!

That actually sounds quite delicious.

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I have found my new favorite drink!

Vodka, rose liqueur, and the lime cordial, in a martini glass with a sugared rim! Holy is that yummy!

I also mixed the liqueur with lemonade, made pink lemonade. Served that one in a champagne flute.

I had a very fun weekend. :)