PDA

View Full Version : Changing an Amazon category and search terms.

Manny
10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
So my book is on Amazon. :tongue

However, they have put it in the "sex" category, and it should be in "relationships & family".

I see how it happened, Lulu's closest category is "sex and relationships", so Amazon logically put it into "sex".

Also, it isnt coming up yet on relevant searches with the target competition so well.

Is it possible to e-mail a real person at Amazon and have them change the category and assign it to a few search terms I want? Having had a mooch around Amazon, I see no feature for this. Am I missing something obvious, can someone link me to the relevant page, or does someone have a buddy in there who could assist?

I am sure this must have come up before for some of you guys.

MickRooney
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Manny,

I take it your book was published using Lulu's 'Publish by You' package. During the Lulu upload 'tags' are assigned to the book, and when Lulu feeds this into the international on-line databases, it is these tags which are used for the on-line book searches. Normally Amazon is the first on-line site to show the book and the sub-retailers hosted through Amazon appear next.

If you have signed up with an Amazon account, then you should be able to amend or add new 'tags'. This will help the searchability of the book across the web.

Also you could help by signing your two books up to the Google Book Program.

All in all, from the time it first appears on Amazon, it can take a good 6 - 8 weeks before you get the full search and visibility on the books.

Manny
10-17-2008, 02:46 AM
I tweaked the tags through my account already, but it takes three weeks. :cry:

It is on Google book search, "look inside" and all that stuff already.

I wondered if there was a direct Amazon-Author link one could use?