PDA

View Full Version : New blog!

Celeste_2sweet
10-15-2008, 01:39 PM
http://sweetchic-itsagirlslife.blogspot.com/
My newest blog is above, I really let loose in some areas! Peferably my Devils Wears Prada post. Remember I am a girl, so I will blog about girl things mostly! Please review.
Celeste xxx

L M Ashton
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Since it looks like you're looking for a review of your blog, I've moved you to the AW Blog Reviews subforum. :) Well, not you exactly, but your thread. :)

veinglory
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I have to say I think even blog posts need some structure. I read the DWP post and got pretty much not very much from it. My suspicious would be that the unrealistic weight element (the only one thing you really mentioned) was part of the satire. But I haven;t seen the movie so I don;t know. And even then you seem to flip flip and be pro-size-4 (!) at the end.

I woudl suggest making the point of a post clear, giving an argument or evidence, and paragraphing.

If the blog is more a personal journal that is fine, but it limited your readership.

Polenth
10-17-2008, 05:28 AM
You said yourself that you don't finish what you start. It shows. You move on to a new blog after a few posts. You ask for advice/reviews, but you don't use that advice in your next blog.

My advice would be to choose one blog and delete all the rest. Focus on posting regularly to that blog. Take time over each post. Writing them in a word processor might work. It means you can save it while you're editing, and there's no temptation to hit the post button before you're done.

ZeroFlowne
10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Visually, I'd like it if you recolored the reading area, or the background. Either way, you'll have separation between the reading area and the non-reading area. You might want to make your text black, as much as that will hurt (I feel your pain! I love color as well, but it's important to keep the reader in mind).

Textually, I think your writing is fun, but could really do with a second draft to make the sentences flow. Revision is very important, it turns out (another thing I'm discovering!)

Don't give up, and good luck!

Celeste_2sweet
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys! xx