San Antonio AWers, Wanna Meet for a Beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Here's an open invite to AW members in and around San Antonio:

I'll be dropping in for a short visit this upcoming weekend. I was hoping I could finally meet some of ya'll.

I'll be on the northside, and there's some pretty decent places we could meet up, like the Fox and the Hound on De Zavala and I-10.

I'm open for suggestions. I can meet up either Saturday or Sunday evening, around 5 PM. Sunday's better for me, but Saturday will do fine if more can make it then.

I figure we'll have a beer or three and hang out for an hour or two and see how things shape up. We might stay out all night, who knows?

Anybody game?

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Shoot. I'll be out of town. (And if I do get back earlier, the SA NaNo group's meeting Sunday evening!)

Y'all have fun!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad, Annie. I'm sure this won't be the last meet up.

I only have one demand. . . the place has to have Shiner Bock, preferably on tap.

What time does the NaNo meeting happen? Maybe we could pound down a few 'Ritas and all crash the meeting.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should be available. Anytime or place is generally fine by me...

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
III might attend, too. I'm looking forward to meeting both of you.

I think we might move to a bar closer to 281 instead of I-10. We can wing it for a bit, until we find out who might show up. I have no preferences, 'cept the Shiner Bock, which is pretty easy to find in SA.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Awww... :( I'm scheduled to do a signing in San Angelo this weekend, about four hours north. But I'll raise a glass now and say hi!! :D

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
CaptS, I think Sunday will work. I'll give III a call and see what's up with him. He might have JComp's number.

Mark, I should have thought about an Austin Meeting. I'll try for one next time. I actually fly in and out of Austin to come to SA. I'm from there, and my family still lives there. (A Westlake graduate, you see, from back when it was a little podunk 'cedar chopper' school.)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, folks, look like we're shooting for tomorrow evening at the 'Fox and The Hound' on De Zavala and I-10. It's behind the HEB, on the end of that strip center, and across the street from the Home Depot.

We don't have a concrete time yet, so someone pick a time between 5 and 7, and that'll do it.

Hope to see ya'll tomorrow!

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'll show up around six. III will be there around seven PM.

It'll be fairly short and sweet because I have a dinner at 8:30 or so. At least we'll have the chance to meet up face to face, and drink a shiner.

I hope to see ya'll there.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I'll try to be there around 6:00 so we can have some time to hang out (and maybe even shoot some pool?) I'm going to slip into my Sunday afternoon coma for a few hours now, but you can call my cell or I'll just see you there around 6:00 (although I'm not sure what you look like, I'm sure you'll spot me from my pics). Hope you can make it too, Compton!

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
WE HAVE A RARE SIGHTING OF JOE270! (Left Joe270, Right III aka Jay) Missed ya, JComp and Shady! Disclaimer: the camera adds at least ten pounds and one chin.

SDC11675.jpg

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Dangit! That would've made my post actually funny! ;)

Okay Shady, that's twice you've missed out on meet n greets. I'm gonna be at Fast Eddie's near Bitters & 281 Saturday night for the UFC event (because I'm kinda low-brow like that), so if you and / or Compton can make it, we'll hang out and have a grand ol' time watching Silva destroy Cote.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[Maryn waxes nostalgic for Shiner...]

Pardon my intrusion. I was just looking around to see who made it. Hope you enjoyed!

Maryn, former Tejano

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I just noticed the missing label on my Shiner and the reefer looking thing in front of me in the pic. Evidence of my OCD need to fiddle with paper while talking. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I missed it. I was in the dang studio and forgot that I had my phone turned off.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
WE HAVE A RARE SIGHTING OF JOE270! (Left Joe270, Right III aka Jay) Missed ya, JComp and Shady! Disclaimer: the camera adds at least ten pounds and one chin.

SDC11675.jpg
Very nice picture. Hey, Chevy, I mean Joe thanks for sharing the picture. I had the honor of meeting Jay too. :D

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Next time I head that way I'll try to set up something in Austin and San Antonio.

I'll also try to give folks more than two days notice, too.

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
San Antone...Wish I Were Going!

I lived in SA for seven years and I do miss it...I LOVED Fox and Hound and it's a shame I can't make it there for a meetup...I especially miss Candlelight and the Blue Star Arts complex, plus all the great live music between SA and Austin...ahhh well.... :)

Ol' 61

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I haven't posted on AW in a while--been crazy busy--and there's a M&G in my old hometown. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway, BUT--during the craziest time of year, the Christmas holidays, I will be in the area visiting family, Dec. 22 through the 30th-ish. (new word) I'll be staying with my mother-in-law, so alcohol might be necessary. I'll post here when we get closer to December, and when the family plans are firmed up.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Any of you folks in San Antonio interested in renting a room Tuesday night or know of somewhere really cheap to stay?

I've got an interview at the airport Wednesday morning.

Sorry to resurrect the thread for this, I just thought it would be a way for all the San Antonian's (is that a word) to see it. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.