The Horrible Trivia Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Let's play shall we?

The trivia questions can come from horror films, books, urban legends, real life events and etc. so long as the category remains focused on scary, weird or otherwise freaky stuff.

I'll start with a question and who ever is able to come up with the answer gets to ask the next question and so forth.

What if the person who answers gets it wrong, you ask? .. we'll just perform a lobotomy on them while they are awake and strapped down naked to a splintering wooden table in an old shack somewhere. Last I recall, William Haskins had a razor we could use.

- OR -

We could politely point out the error and continue on with the current question. Which reminds me, some of the most polite clients I ever worked with were psychopaths. They were also among the most intelligent although, I never saw any of them play trivia games.

First Question:

What is the name of the 1960's low budget monster movie that became an off-Broadway musical in the early 80's and returned again to the screen in 1986 as a musical, sci-fi, horror film?

Ack!! The theme song from Jeopardy just started in my head and now I'll be hearing it all night...marvelous. :Smack:

Gehanna

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
If an answer is not posted by tomorrow then I'll start giving additional clues until someone answers or tells me to "shad up".

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
YES!

I like the 1986 movie. When I get hungry I usually say, "Feed me Seymour! Feeeed Me."

Spookster

Maiden of the Blade
Registered
Reaction score
I love that movie too! When I was, um, 13 I got to see it performed at a dinner theater. Okay, so it's wayyy off broadway, but it was still fun. The bum spilled a soda on my sister during a promotion and we ended up getting free tickets.

So, where's the next question?

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Scott, unless it's Roddy Piper, I'm clueless.

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
Here's one.

What Director of Slasher Films won the academy award for best short film very early in his/her career?

EXTRA BONUS. What is the title, year and filmmaker of the very first horror film?

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the first horror film (a vampire flick) was made in 1896-87. English title was something like: The House of the Devil. (Le Manoir du Diable- original title, if someone cares to translate.) Don't know the name of the director.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
LiamJackson said:
I think the first horror film (a vampire flick) was made in 1896-87. English title was something like: The House of the Devil. (Le Manoir du Diable- original title, if someone cares to translate.) Don't know the name of the director.

It was directed by Georges Mèliès

And Joe on your first question. I'm just guessing..Mario Bava?

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
Liam got the bonus question, but no one has the director question yet.

Another clue.

Two of his most famous horror flicks are being remade and/or sequeled as we speak for release next year.

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
nope.

Another hint. He's directed a wrestler, a rapper, a Bond mastermind villain and a woman with a famous shower connection.

(I'm practically giving it away now, so you better name these people I am mentioning too.)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Alfred Hitchcock? *shrug* lol

ps- I already had a lobotomy, just last week.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
ok just to recap, there are actually a couple of questions to answer as posted by joecalabre and they are:

What Director of Slasher Films won the academy award for best short film very early in his/her career?

Most recent hints:

Two of his most famous horror flicks are being remade and/or sequeled as we speak for release next year.

He's directed a wrestler, a rapper, a Bond mastermind villain and a woman with a famous shower connection.

Additional trivia to answer:

(I'm practically giving it away now, so you better name these people I am mentioning too.)

If I left anything out or made a mistake please correct me.

Thanks,
Gehanna

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hmmm. Tricky. Janet Leigh, LL Cool J and Donald Pleasance have all been directed by Steve Miner, who is undoubtedly a slasher film director, but I can't think of any wrestlers...

Joe Calabrese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.josephcalabrese.com
Donald is right, but Director is not.

Time limit. If there's no correct answer by Thursday noon, the answer will be given and I'll post an easier question for you guys.

Name the Famous (could be considered the father of slasher films) Director who won a short film oscar early in career.

Two of his most famous films are either being remade or a sequel for a 2006 release.

Directed (not in any one film) Donald Pleasance, a wrestler, a woman with a famous shower connection (connection is key word here) and a rapper (you could say an "x" rated one at that).

One more thing. Before James Cameron did it, this director was famous for having affairs (and marrying) those women he worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.