What goal?

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
You would think two pages a day, every day wouldn't be so hard to accomplish. That was my goal. I'm not certain I even accomplished a third of a page a day average.

While I really like part one and it is complete, parts two, three and four are still somewhere in the cosmos.

I did manage to rewrite the rewritten first chapter of my unfinished, finished novel. Do these things ever conclude?

I think I'd like to crawl under the bed and become a dust bunny.

JasonA

Registered
Reaction score
You would think two pages a day, every day wouldn't be so hard to accomplish. That was my goal. I'm not certain I even accomplished a third of a page a day average.

While I really like part one and it is complete, parts two, three and four are still somewhere in the cosmos.

I did manage to rewrite the rewritten first chapter of my unfinished, finished novel. Do these things ever conclude?

I think I'd like to crawl under the bed and become a dust bunny.

At the risk of sounding cliche, "it's quality, not quantity." You should set a goal of writing quality work each day.

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
The trouble with this Forum (and here is a muted complaint, Mods) is that it is so fascinating, and I still haven't caught up with all the old threads. So the goal for me, for the past four days, has been to motivate myself to click on my Vista start button and type the title of my WIP into the 'Search...' thingy.

You are keeping me from my work, you terrible people. And now my MC is chattering in my ear and berating me, so I'm off to try and get 1,000 words together....

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Here's the evil at work...

Sure, quality is important, but so is quantity. I mean, nobody's going to buy the really, really, really well written first chapter of your novel. They want a whole novel. So, step one is to stop tinkering with what's been written and write new stuff. Revisions can come later.

My trick: take a pen and notebook to a coffee shop. Write until I have the goal pages--which in my case is ten, twice a week. Doing the pen on paper is a good prevention against relentless editing.

Just my two cents. Don't spend it all in one place.