I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
I'm as stiff as the Tin Man!

I need a massage. SOON.

My co-author and I got a contract for our book about haunted houses. They wanted the finalized, polished manuscript by November 1st, one month from the contract date. Of course, I panicked. The book is LOOONG and I'd never taken on the job of having to edit/finalize a manuscript in 1 month. YIKES! My co-author was very reassuring then I started to breathe a little easier. Then she said she wanted to get the final draft in early. Actually, she wanted to send it off by the 15th or 16th. GAH! That was cutting the deadline for me to do edits even shorter.

But I really hunkered down with it. I did NOTHING ELSE except work on it. My daughter resented having to give up her extra time on the computer to play her games, my husband resented the dishes and laundry piling up (not to mention ALSO giving up using the ONE computer we have), but I got it done. I'm awful sore and pretty darn stiff, but I got all 557 pages edited and polished. I also had to add a new chapter (which I had to interview people for -- I am SO GRATEFUL they understood my time crunch and answered my emails so promptly!!) and add new stuff to the bibliography. Which was...kind of tedious.

But it's done. It's finished. I edited it. It's READY.

I tell you....I so don't want to do THAT again. Took me 6 days to do it, and I got it done. But....ugh. I'm really feeling the burn.

Last edited:

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Great work! Hope you get enough money to buy another computer, so those grouchy family members won't have to give up a few hours of mindless pleasure to support your literary efforts. <-- Obviously Phaeal knows how hard it is to pry the keyboard away from certain people who will go unnamed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.