for young writers only - no old fogies over 19 (sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie

From writermag.com:

FICTION FOR YOUNG WRITERS

Claremont Review
Fiction (500-3,000 words) and poetry (to 1 page) by young writers, ages 13-19, in the English-speaking world. Semiannual. $10. Circ.: 500. Queries: Not necessary. Unsolicited mss: Accepts. Submission formats: Hard copy. Response: 6 weeks. Freelance content: 100%. Contact: 4980 Wesley Rd., Victoria, BC V84 1Y9, Canada. 250-658-5221. [email protected]. www.theclaremontreview.ca.

Teen Ink
Magazine written by teens for teens. Features fiction, nonfiction, poetry and art. Receives 40,000 submissions/yr. 10x/yr. $25/yr. Circ.: 175,000. Queries: Not necessary. E-queries: Yes. Unsolicited mss: Accepts. Submission formats: Hard copy, electronic. Freelance content: 100%. Contact: Young Author's Foundation, P.O. Box 610030, Newton, MA 02461. 617-964-6800. [email protected]. www.teenink.com.

cluelessspicycinnamon

of course I had to click on this thread.

Haven't tried the first one, but Teen Ink is pretty cool if you're looking to get published for the first time, and it's an extremely great magazine to read no matter how old you are. My dad brings it into his freshman English classes, and it's really superbly edited and a great read.

MissKathyClarke

too bad it's a $15.00 entry fee or I'd try for it :smack (this is referring to the first contest- The Claremont Review)

Stephanie

Yes, I hadn't realized that the Claremont Review is a non-paying market. If you enter the monthly contest (answer a question), it's free and you may win a subscription to the magazine.

But as you said, Kathy, the annual writing contest fee is $15.

wwwatcher

I thought I'd drag my "old fogie" body in here to check out what's available for young people anyway... give me a minute to rest... pant, pant....

Well, it's OK. But where are the paying markets for young writers? Hey, I like New Moon. Most of their stuff is written by young writers, and it's good,too. It's a girl's magazine so it may be of more interest to female writers. Sigh, it's one place where the young writers have an advantage over me.

Good luck
Faye

PS We don't have a smiley with a cane....
But... we do have :horse

Status
Not open for further replies.