PDA

View Full Version : The Neuro-is-a-butthead finish-it challenge

NeuroFizz
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
This is AW's opportunity to prove I'm full of sh!t. Too many times, I read posts by people here about how they can (or have to) work on multiple projects, when a scan of their sig lines shows they've completed nothing. This thread is an in-my-face challenge of the "completing" ability of our fellow AWers. Here are the rules. Post here when you complete a long project (novels, screenplays, non-fiction projects of significant length, etc.). First drafts are okay. If it is a short story, a short non-fiction project, any flash-type writing, poem, essay, or anything of short length, post here when you submit it somewhere. This will be a testament to the self-discipline of AWers.

Please don't post here to congratulate or comment on the success of others. Use rep points for that because a completed project is certainly worthy of that recongition.

Show me that AW is full of self-discipined writers, not a bunch of posers. Show me to be the bastard I am for assuming that we have too many of the latter.

For those who have completed something in the recent past, post it, but let's not go back too much farther than, say, August.

If you think I'm being a jerk here, use that energy. For all others, let's celebrate your successes.

SPMiller
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
To prevent this from falling any farther down the page, here's a bump.

I fairly recently completed an nth novel draft.

But I hope someone will come along with something more impressive...

ShyViolet
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm new to writing fiction - I started last year during Nano. Since November 2007:

Novel 1: first draft Dec. 07, first edit Feb. 08, second edit/major revision Aug. 08, waiting on second round of feedback from betas - I've also sent a few queries but am not seriously pursuing this yet.

Novel 2: first draft Feb. 08, first edit May 08, second edit Sept. 08, waiting on first round of feedback from betas

Street Fox (short story): drafted and edited Sept. 08, submitted 1x Oct. 08

Heroes (short story): drafted, edited, and submitted 1x Oct. 08

Street Fox spawned a potential novel, so that's what I'm working on now.

ETA: Also.... I'm probably not who this is aimed at, because I have nothing in my signature. I assumed I wouldn't put anything in my sig. until it was published. Is that weird? Also.... apparently I don't read directions well. I mentioned my novels because I completed major milestones in this timeperiod, but I guess I didn't complete the first draft since August. Sorry. :(

CheshireCat
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Since I'm anonymous here and don't have any works listed in my sig, and since I'm a working writer who makes my living at this, I assume I don't fit into Neuro's challenge.

But, for what it's worth, I complete 1-3 novels every year, depending on deadlines and what projects I have under contract.

Have for a good many years.

:Shrug:

Ms Hollands
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I just submitted a short story but it really doesn't feel like an achievement: it was a very short story and I managed to write and edit it within a couple of hours. Let's see if it gets published.

Bubastes
10-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Maybe a mod should sticky this thread?

NicoleMD
10-12-2008, 01:39 AM
I finished and submitted my longest short story so far (5,600 words) a couple weeks ago. It was a nice change after writing so much flash fiction this year.

Yay!

Nicole

Haggis
10-12-2008, 01:50 AM
*checks Duotrope numbers*

2 shorts submitted this week.

3 shorts total submitted for this month, to date.

28 shorts submitted in last 12 months. This does, of course, include resubmissions. :)

Polenth
10-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Since October began, I've submitted three short stories and one flash. I finished the first draft of a novel in late August. Working on lots of stuff at once works for me.

JeanneTGC
10-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Since August, you say?

Variety of subs of short stories, humorous essays, writing and submission of blog posts (to support writing career <not stream of consciousness>, so crafted) on various websites. Several acceptances, including a paying market on my first actually sold horror short.

Started latest WIP in mid-July, while I was finishing up edits on the WIP prior, but as of right now, I'm at 108,425 words and it should finish this weekend. Then I roll right into the next WIP, while the current goes into beta. (Agent is axiously waiting for both, and the next 2 in the line, so there is no rest period. Not that I'd take it anyway. :D)

I've also spent a lot of time on my website (for the pen name that's sold) and related activities, and I went to a writing conference with my agent. Do those count to? (ETA: Oh yeah, I also had outpatient surgery. Still wrote.)

ishtar'sgate
10-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Show me that AW is full of self-discipined writers, not a bunch of posers. Show me to be the bastard I am for assuming that we have too many of the latter.

If I was the huffy type, I'd get huffy:D Poser indeed! Okay, so my last book was published 3 years ago and I'm nowhere near finished my current wip but I take a lo-o-o-ng time to write a first draft. Painfully long. Just sayin'.

Puma
10-12-2008, 04:46 AM
August 1 - publication date of my historical novel.

During August finished and submitted lengthy short story for contest with Aug. 31 deadline.

Sept. 12 submitted short story for contest with Sept 30 deadline.

Sept. 22 sent a contemporary novel off for a contest.

Sept. 26 began rewrite of my scientifically accurate sci-fi/thriller novel. (I wouldn't let myself start on the re-write until I had something going on with the contemporary novel.)

That enough? Puma

Red-Green
10-12-2008, 05:26 AM
On Oct. 1, 2008, I completed a first draft of a novel. (My 4th since 2005.) Also, this year, I've written three short stories, and had six others accepted for publication.

Cassidy
10-12-2008, 07:42 AM
well... i submitted a short story a couple of weeks ago. so there.

kct webber
10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm one of NeuroFizz's multi-simultanious-project people. So I'll chime in.

Since August, as the rules state, I've completed and submitted 4 short stories and signed one contract. I've also finished an edit of one novel.

GeorgieB
10-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Submitted two pieces (one poem and one short) and both are being published in an anthology that will probably never make it outside our local area. I expect printed copies next week.

Also have three or four WIPs in various edit stages.

Does this all count?

Mason
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I started to write seriously around the same time I joined this forum, back in May.

I've submitted one short story two weeks ago and have another three that are ready to submit... yeah, I procrastinate a little.

These were all completed after August.

Williebee
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Since August?

Two shorts finished.

One novel re-edited and submitted, "partialled", and a full out (by request, from the partial) a few weeks ago.

Two long works in progress.

Disa
10-12-2008, 10:35 PM
What? Who knew we were supposed to put our finished stuff in the signature? I need to investigate that.

I finished and submitted a short story in September and it was published a couple a days ago- Oct 5, I think.

So far this year, 2 other stories have been published and one more has been accepted for publication later this year. I'd say 4 published in a year is good, but they were only publications, no money involved, does that count?

Soccer Mom
10-13-2008, 12:00 AM
It's now a sticky. Enjoy.

swvaughn
10-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Nice thread, Neuro. :)

I'm one of them there multi-WIP people. I finished a novel (number 11 completed, woot!) in late August, then I finished my agent's edits some time in September. It's still on submission. Maybe this one'll actually sell (ha ha).

Guess I'll revisit this thread when I finish another one, whichever that may be...

Haggis
10-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Nice thread, Neuro. :)

It is, isn't it?

It's about finishing what we start, and then doing something with it--submitting or shopping.

If we're serious about what we're doing here, I don't know any other way to prove it.

Aglaia
10-13-2008, 04:21 AM
I submitted 2 shorts in September.

Mandy-Jane
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
I just submitted a ten-minute play to a competition. I actually did it. I didn't procrastinate.

I feel good.

Exir
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
A short story on sub, no acceptances yet.

A middle-grade novel, with multiple rewrites and redrafts. Still not finished.

Cav Guy
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Since August:

Completed second draft of an historical Western (sitting at 164,000 words now).

Finished the first draft (although some are on second draft) of a collection of short stories set in my fictionalized Western county (91,000 words and 14 stories).

Got other things in the works, but those are the two completed things that meet the criteria.

benbradley
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Printed out older flash fiction story for comment by RL writer's group.

Sean D. Schaffer
10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Electronically submitted short story Blood Oath to two publications early this morning. :)

I plan on submitting to some more when I get up later today. :)

Bubastes
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
After a weekend of frantic editing, I submitted a 9900-word story to True Love magazine today.

ETA: True Love accepted the story on Nov. 19 for publication in their February 2009 issue. Yay!

thethinker42
10-30-2008, 06:42 AM
I have numerous novels in various states of completion, and I finished "Sins of the Father" in September. 3rd draft, 125K words. I'm about 1/3 of the way through revising the manuscript, while working on the first draft of "Fit for a King" and getting ready to start NaNoWriMo. My progress is a wee bit slow at the moment because I'm in the middle of moving from Virginia to Japan, but it's progressing. :)

Adam Hammonds
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
I completed my novel of 111,000 words 3 weeks ago. Which began my search for an agent. Which brought me here.

Thank God every Web site I enjoy hasn't been that difficult to come upon.

C.bronco
10-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Neuro, I'd never call you names!

Age 15: my first book, a Choose Your Own Adventure style book, 121 pages/

Ages 16 to post-college: 100 plus poems, some of which were good.

After having son: 78K word young adult novel
Many articles
Graphic novel (72 pages).

heyjude
10-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Just finished a 73K crime fic, started in August.

mscelina
10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Let's see--since August.

I completed the final draft of two (contracted) novels in August(both fantasy,both over 110k). Did first edits on one in September and finished a novella(cruising in right at 55k--fantasy). Completed final edits on one novel and finished a third novel(110k--paranormal thriller) in October, while beginning (and getting 70k written on) a co-writing project (horror) as well as 80k on an individual project(contemporary romance), I have done the final proofs for the novel being released next month and have done the first edits on the second novel from August.

No short stories yet--for some reason my mind doesn't work that way.

chrysalnix
11-02-2008, 03:03 AM
This past week I submitted a short story for one of the Writer's Digest contests.

ChaosTitan
11-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Finished a first draft of my second contracted book, clocking in at 98k words. :D

scarletpeaches
11-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I haven't finished anything in ages, and he has a guylinered avatar, therefore, FizzyNeurons is not a butthead. :D

ETA: Wait. This just in.

He's changed his avatar!

Therefore, NeuroFizz is officially a butthead.

RainyDayNinja
11-20-2008, 12:30 AM
I finished my WIP yesterday, and it did a rolling dive to squeeze into novel-land at 40,585 words.

III
11-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Well I happen to think Neuro is a lovely human being, but I'll post here nonetheless...

Just two weeks ago I finished my 87k word manuscript, Tribulation of Heroes. It's the fourth book in a series (see sig), each book being around 88k words. I'd say about 5k of those words birthed easily, the rest was sweaty labor and pushing with no Epidural.

I'm actually rather numb now. I don't have the ever-present spectre of writing this series hanging over my head for the first time in three years and now I'm working on a much lighter manuscript with hopes of finding a real publisher. At least I've proved to myself that I can finish a large writing project - something I never would have believed and certainly doubted every step along the way.

And yes, I plan on starting a self-congratulating thread once the book is available for purchase.

scarletpeaches
11-20-2008, 01:21 AM
And so you should, 'cause there's at least one Scots lass who'd buy it.

Old Hack
11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Yesterday I finished The Trivium, and submitted it to my publisher. It's a shortish book about grammar, logic and rhetoric and has taken me far too long to write. Now I'm going to write two proposals, and finish novel number four.

JJ Cooper
11-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Finished editing "The Interrogator" with my publisher (well ahead of schedule). Will be released August 2009 by RH.

Also finished and submitted a short story for an antho.

JJ

thethinker42
11-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I have numerous novels in various states of completion, and I finished "Sins of the Father" in September. 3rd draft, 125K words. I'm about 1/3 of the way through revising the manuscript, while working on the first draft of "Fit for a King" and getting ready to start NaNoWriMo. My progress is a wee bit slow at the moment because I'm in the middle of moving from Virginia to Japan, but it's progressing. :)

Finished moving to Japan, finished writing my NaNo novel, finished the first revision on the NaNo novel, submitted a query for the same novel, edited about 2/3 of "Sins of the Father", and have written about 20,000 words between my new vampire novel and a new erotic romance.

Multi-tasking rules, Butthead. :D

Ms Hollands
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
So, my short *romance* story will be published on Thursday 11 December - just on the web, and not paid, but it's the very first time I've attempted to get fiction, not journalism-related stuff, published. Maybe I haven't wasted the past two years on my first novel. Who knows!

SusanH
12-08-2008, 04:26 AM
Finished my 62,000 word memoir and looking for an agent led me here to AW. I have been asked for a full and a partial, so now it is the waiting game. I also entered an essay to Writer's Digest contest this year. Didn't win anything or even an honorable mention....sigh....but my critics said it was very good.... I have started two other novels which I hope won't take me 7 years to write....Have the titles and outlines done.

Elidibus
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
About two days ago I finished my current WIP. Clocked in at about 85K. Trimming that down over the next few weeks.

In my past years I have finished at least five novel length works, and rewritten at least three of those three times each in the following months and years. With sequels also over 70K. In all, I have written approximately 1,245,000 words. As such, I am officially ready to begin in the words of a famous writer who's name I forget =)

So, I'm starting with my just finished novel. We'll see how it goes

Maryn
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Knocked out a short story after reading about a paying market here. Let it rest a couple days, did a one-pass edit, and submitted it.

Sold it. (With a typo, though. The shame!)

Maryn, kind of a butthead herself

Ugawa
12-09-2008, 04:16 AM
Woop. I've been waiting to be able to write this for about a week now ^^.

I've finally completed my first draft of 'Twisted Temptation'. I'm hoping to boost it up to at least 55 - 60k, during the edits.

:D.

Shweta
12-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Since I just found this thread, since August --

I got a rejection on a story I'd submitted to Clarkesworld in June. I submitted it immediately to Strange Horizons; it was accepted.

I wrote a short story and sent it to Realms of Fantasy, where it still is, having made it past the slushmaster. On rejection I intend to send it to Clarkesworld, then Strange Horizons, then F&SF.

I wrote a short story and sent it to the Interfictions anthology, where it almost certainly will not be a good fit, but there's no harm in trying. On rejection I intend to send it to Realms of Fantasy (if I've heard back) or maybe F&SF.

I wrote a short story and sent it to Clarkesworld; on rejection, I sent it to Asimov's. On rejection I intend to send it to F&SF, most likely.

Wrote an essay for the Wiscon Chronicles; just responded to edits on that yesterday.

Since August, though, I've received acceptances on six pieces (three poems, the aforementioned short story & essay, and one other short story) and only written four (including the essay). I'm going in the wrong direction, and mean to change that as soon as I have a novel draft done.

William Haskins
12-17-2008, 05:12 AM
my chia pet bloomed today.

Keyan
12-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Hmm. Since August 2008?

One short MG/YA novel, first draft complete (about 49K words). One short story; one flash piece.

Continual revision of {mumble} other stories.

(I send out a story. When I get it back, I play with it and then send it out again. This provides endless opportunities for justifiable cat-vacuuming.)

Currently have nine pieces out. Sold seven pieces in 2008 to paying markets (though not "professional" ones); have one story scheduled to come out in a charity anthology (which supports Clarion (http://clarion.ucsd.edu/)).

Oh, and did the post-submission work on a non-fic book being published under a different name.

thethinker42
12-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Finished moving to Japan, finished writing my NaNo novel, finished the first revision on the NaNo novel, submitted a query for the same novel, edited about 2/3 of "Sins of the Father", and have written about 20,000 words between my new vampire novel and a new erotic romance.

Multi-tasking rules, Butthead. :D

December multi-taskings:

First drafts of "Fit for a King" and "Luke Boydston's Baby" finished, first revision of "Sins of the Father" completed, and received a partial manuscript request on "Camera Shy" (NaNo novel).

I'm now going to go ice my hands for a few hours.

scarletpeaches
12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
I claim all credit for the above, what with my constant naggingz over MSN. :D

brad_b
12-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Finished 2nd draft of Pedestals of Power, Now into major slashing and blasting, ordered two crates of C-4 w/primer cord and det fuses

C.bronco
12-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Choose Your Own Adventure book completed 1985
Scores of poems and short stories in interim.
YA novel copyrighted 2005
Serial novel on blog finished sometime last spring (I forget)
Script for graphic novel of above serial completed 9/08

scarletpeaches
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
A minor contribution.

My latest WIP, which I started in November for NaNo, is now the longest WIP I have on my hard drive; over 75,000 words. I've written more on one project before; I had a 150k longhand draft years ago, and another 100k one. Binned both; they were rubbish.

But this is the longest thing I've written in years; well over a decade in fact. It keeps going on and on; I thought it would be finished by now, but no.

But I'm proud of the fact I've stuck to the same WIP for over 75k words and I'm so close to the end now I know I'll see it through.

Pat~
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Too many times, I read posts by people here about how they can (or have to) work on multiple projects, when a scan of their sig lines shows they've completed nothing. This thread is an in-my-face challenge of the "completing" ability of our fellow AWers. Here are the rules. Post here when you complete a long project (novels, screenplays, non-fiction projects of significant length, etc.). First drafts are okay. If it is a short story, a short non-fiction project, any flash-type writing, poem, essay, or anything of short length, post here when you submit it somewhere. This will be a testament to the self-discipline of AWers.

Show me that AW is full of self-disciplined writers, not a bunch of posers.

Fizzy, thanks for the prod...I need that at times, to be sure. But to offer another (poet's) perspective, I'll offer this, too, as it directly relates to why I've been comparatively less productive since August:

When I Consider How My Light Is Spent

by John Milton

When I consider how my light is spent,
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodged with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest He returning chide;
"Doth God exact day-labor, light denied?"
I fondly ask. But Patience, to prevent
That murmur, soon replies, "God doth not need
Either man's work or His own gifts. Who best
Bear His mild yoke, they serve Him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at His bidding speed,
And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait."

Sometimes what might look like time-frittering IS (especially with ADD types like me :D)...but sometimes, too, it's related to writerly cogitation and contemplation. I've been mulling over the fact this year that the only two books I've ever been inspired to write will never find a traditional publishing home (one is a poetry devotional, the other a women's Bible study), and while I've continued to submit and publish individual pieces in magazines, that slowed down a bit in that I haven't had a sense of what new larger goal to pursue. Until yesterday. It was an 'aha' moment, the kind where you think, 'of course, how could I have been so slow to get it!' Totally wonderful, and worth the wait! :)

Now I probably will continue to keep my sig line the way it is, but if you guys notice my poetry (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72489) or magazine (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3103601#post3103601) library entries stalling out, by all means drag out that cattle prod. But rest assured, too, that I'm working towards a goal in between all these AW posts, because apart from the fun here, I agree it's important to 'consider how my light is spent.'

Sean D. Schaffer
01-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Hey, NeuroFizz, :)

I wanted to let you know that I have finished a manuscript draft. It's a novella, and I'm not sure which draft it is because I've done so many drafts of this particular work. I will say it's Fantasy and its final word count is 35,416 using the word processor's counting feature. I'm thinking about adding a prologue, an epilogue, or possibly both, but I do have the main story down pat and printed out.

Bubastes
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I finished a 9600-word story that will be going in the mail tomorrow. Yay!

ETA: yay, got an acceptance on 01/28!

DamaNegra
01-11-2009, 09:43 AM
I finished a novel in November. About 62k words, currently editing. I'm writing two fresh novels right now (you can see the progress bars inching forward)

Willow_way
01-12-2009, 07:37 AM
I have submitted 1 novel (my first) and I am currently working on the second in the series.

smoothseas
01-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Submitted a short this very afternoon.

Namatu
01-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I completed an 80,000-word work a few months ago. Working on a new one now.

Cassiopeia
01-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Right, so I just submitted my first two freelance articles for publication. I did it! :)

Bubastes
02-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Submitted a short story today.

ETA: and sold it!

LilliCray
02-02-2009, 05:03 AM
Wow... I feel even worse about my "finishaphobia" than I did before...

I submitted a flash fiction piece to my school literary magazine the other day. Does that count?

brainstorm77
02-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Still re-writing my finished novel. There will be a 3rd re-write I suspect since after reading some of it tonight I am not pleased with the flow of the writing and it can be improved.

Cassiopeia
02-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Wow... I feel even worse about my "finishaphobia" than I did before...

I submitted a flash fiction piece to my school literary magazine the other day. Does that count?Yes it counts.

Fizzy, I have now submitted six freelance articles in total; four of which were accepted and paid for.

Thank you for being such a butt-head :D

Cassiopeia
02-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I have 5 manuscripts done (each over 50,000 words)...but, I'm not going to put any of them on here...you don't pay up front, nor do you publish.

Domenicum...LOL...was that tongue in cheek? Cos no one is asking for that. :D

KikiteNeko
02-16-2009, 03:14 AM
I have 5 manuscripts done (each over 50,000 words)...but, I'm not going to put any of them on here...you don't pay up front, nor do you publish.

Domenic

Er... I don't think the OP meant for you to post your actual manuscript. Just a report of what you've done. Like, "I just completed a manuscript." Also, really quick, 50,000 is a little on the short side, teetering towards novella.

NeuroFizz
02-18-2009, 09:05 AM

Domenic
I don't want to see your works, I just want to acknowledge your successes in completing them. Nothing even remotely sinister or devious here.

Shweta
02-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Still submitting, but nothing too exciting here since my last post.
I will post here when I have stuck a fork in the paper I'm writing now 'cause once it's done I get to go back to the novel!

Ugawa
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Submitted 4 short stories to different E-zines. 2 Have been accepted and I have a good feeling about the third. Not sure about the forth one though :)
X

scarletpeaches
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Just broke the 100k barrier on my WIP. Very tired now. Pulled all-nighter. Going to bed. Bye bye. :)

FOTSGreg
03-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Hatchings, 80k words (& 7 drafts!)
Code of Law, Novella at 15k trimmed to SS (Short Story) 10k, rejected on 2nd round at IGMS
Plots, 5k SS
Any Minute Now, 3k SS
Third Pulse, WIP 2, 36k
Fire On The Suns, WIP 1, 65k trimmed to 15k, currently 45k
The Meadow, 900 words, published by BWS
Knock On Wood, 1200 words, published by BWS
Trees, SS WIP
The Light Of An Oncoming Train, SS, Horror Forum 2k March '09 Challenge, WIP
Larvae, novel, sequel to Hatchings, outlining WIP
Wolf In The Fold, SS, WIP

and at least a dozen more currently. My rejections include Dark Discoveries, Necrotic Tissue, Spacesqid, Flashquake, Bewildering Stories (BWS), Electric Velocipede, Big Ole' Face Full Of Monster, Cryptopedia, Dark Recesses, Borderlands, NonEuclidean Cafe, Chiaroscuro, Interzone, Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine, Nocturnal Ooze, Electric Spec, Apex Digest, The Willows, Abyss & Apex, Weird Tales, Jim Baen's Universe, Brutarian, A Thousand Faces, and Nomadic Delirium, among others.

Does that make me a real writer?

;-)

Yathrib
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I recently submitted a grant proposal. It sucks, but I think it might do the trick. Check it out at Donorschoose.org. It's called, "The Abhorsen Can't Just Ring a Bell to Kill Kerrigor...Again." It's not your standard grant, so I could have a little fun with it.
(Yes, this is shameless plugging)

Ms Hollands
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
First paid fiction published today online (as LASR's free Thursday fiction):

http://www.longandshortreviews.com/LASR/story.htm

(link only up for one week before it gets moved elsewhere).

Enna
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
First novel (82K) completed in December...editeditedit...

Bubastes
03-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Finished first draft of first novel (66K words) today. Time to find the word liposuction machine.

Bubastes
03-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Finished and submitted at 6500-word short story today.

Now it's time to dive into novel revisions.

ETA: crud, no it isn't time yet. I need to get my 4K word short out by next week because it's seasonal.

geardrops
03-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Oh, I guess I've forgotten to say things.

Finished a novel draft earlier this week.

Oh, and two rejections on short stories this month (but hey, submitting counts right?).

Wayne K
03-31-2009, 03:21 AM
A Life Gone Awry: A Soliloquy of Love and Hate 105,000 words.

Black Dark: A hell's Kitchen Memoir. 102,000 words.

Both completed in less than four months. Are they good enough? Good question.

I got a personal e-ject from Tim Seldes on Black Dark. He liked the book but said it was too dark. Go figure?

Chapter three of A Life Gone Awry is the link in my sig. Kill it if you click, I want to be a better writer.

Exir
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I just finished Twilight yesterday, and have subbed it to credible publishers like PublishAmerica. Unfortunately the writing was too bad even for PA.

Do I get a rep?

ElsaM
04-05-2009, 05:34 AM
I submitted a short story today. This is my very first submission ever.

Parametric
04-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Third novel finished at 80k. :D

Cranky
04-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Just finished my first short of the year (yes, I know) yesterday. Submitted it this morning.

:D

ETA: Just got the rejection. Sent it out to a different market. Onwards.

Esopha
04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Oookay. So recently:

I finished the first draft of my 50k YA fantasy novel, Soul Threshers and begun editing.
Submitted some flash fiction.

Today I also plan on finishing my spec fic sestina about puppets. I have to make everything iambic pentameter. We'll see how that goes.

mario_c
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Well done all. Now I got something to say.

First draft of script #4 is DONE. FADE IN to FADE OUT. Off to WGA and copyright offices in the AM, and then into the fires of critiquing and peer reviews.
Yes! I know, it's 10 pages too long so some peripheral stuff must go, but that's to be expected. It's gonna get lots of polishes and probably a bunch of rewrites, but it's DONE.

:e2moon: DOUBTERS!

DamaNegra
04-11-2009, 02:47 AM
First draft of Profeta: done!! :) Revisions pending.

I'll be starting another novel soon, but I'm not really sure about it yet.

Bubastes
04-24-2009, 11:12 PM
I finished and submitted a 3100-word short story today.

ETA: sold on 04/28! :snoopy:

telindor
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Woot! Done! I finished the final draft of my novel today! :D

I sent out the first submission this week, too, since I knew I was close to finishing the last of the edit. *happy dance*

The plot's already formed for the next novel, but in the meantime I have a half-finished short story to work on...

Shweta
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
I finished the damn research paper that's been hanging over my head (mostly for health reasons) for over a year. And my advisor loves it :) :)

Now I get to write fiction again.

Ugawa
05-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Finished and submitted another short story. :)

x

Wayne K
05-05-2009, 02:06 AM
This proposal goes out this month.

That is all.

Shweta
05-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Audio versions of poems I've sold: DONE :)
Now I just need to make sure I've actually followed through on other stuff I sold :)
Oh, and finish more stories, yesyes.

Bubastes
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Finished and submitted a 3200-word short story late last night. I need coffee.

One more short and then it's back to the novel WIP.

san_remo_ave
05-07-2009, 06:06 AM
I submitted a 15k historical short story last weekend. Wrote it 6 months ago, then let it sit. Took it through 5 rounds of edits and polished it as best as I could stand to, then sent it out to HQN target line.

Now I'm going to forget about it and finish plotting a single title Western that's speakin' loudly to me. Hope to begin my first draft in the next two weeks....

Wayne K
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Inopportune time for my printer to die.

I have to get to the library.

Wayne K
05-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Inopportune time for my printer to die.

I have to get to the library.

I perserverified and got er done.

I had a request for the full this morning.

Wayne K
05-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Make that two in one day.

AW has had a very good influence on me obviously.

thethinker42
05-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Scarletpeaches threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't post this...

This week I finished my 8th book in 7 months, plus finished working on the manuscript I'm helping WayneK write, and did a last minute revision on another book so I could submit a requested full.

My husband has ORDERED me to take tomorrow off. SP has ORDERED me to start writing something else. It is yet to be determined whose orders I will follow.

scarletpeaches
05-18-2009, 05:42 PM
You may take tomorrow off while I think of the premise of your next novel. :D

heyjude
05-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Finished the book that has taken me an entire year to write (although I did write another one during this time, too).

Woo-hoo for everyone finishing!

Sharonb423
06-02-2009, 03:34 AM
1 full ms at 107,000, thought it was done now on rewrites
1 short complete at 2,880 words (started before the ms and finished during)
1 short complete at 5,350 words (written during the ms)
a couple of in-the-works not worth mentioning as they are still, um, in the works

Neuro - nice meeting you in NY, sorry we didn't get to chat more!

Shweta
06-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Since my last post:

# of acceptances on somethingortheother: 1
# of poems finished & submitted: 2
# short stories finished & submitted: 1 (well, it's a novelette)
# of dissertation chapters drafted & sent to advisor: 1
# of snarky comments worked into the diss: 7? so far...

Novel progress: zilch. Dissertation currently has priority.

Ugawa
06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Wrote a new short story and submitted it. It was accepted and being published on June 28th :)

xx

Red-Green
06-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Found an agent for the novel I finished back in October 2008. I've had two more short story acceptances this year. I'm currently chugging away on a pair of novels and a short story about conjoined triplets. I'll be back to report on how that goes. :D

Bubastes
06-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Submitted a 5400-word short story today.

Ugawa
06-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Finished a 90K manuscript in 4 weeks. Woah! Although, I didn't plan to make anything of this as it was just for fun, now I'm considering editing it up, I have to delete about 30K of needless stuff.

Blah.
lol

xx

Cranky
06-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Finished another short (see sigline). Now to find a market....

ETA: Found the place, and just clicked "send". Aiy. Here we go again!

LilliCray
06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
I sort of finished the wierdest short story I've ever written. The ending's awful, so I have to fix it in the rewrites, but it's actually done, which hasn't happened in awhile. I have a few possibilities in mind as to where to submit it, even. :)

Shweta
07-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Just finished proofreading galleys(!) for my Beastly Bride story.
(so! excited!)

Puma
07-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Today I finished the first draft of a novel I got the idea for and started writing in late February. It finished out at 129,299. Now the edits begin. Puma

CACTUSWENDY
07-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Good going Puma. And much success with the edit.

Shweta
07-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Finished and sent off an essay on Octavia Butler.
(Soon! I will be able to say I finished my chapter draft on iconicity and metaphor in comics, but not yet.)

Sean D. Schaffer
07-10-2009, 10:45 AM
I just finished the manuscript that has been in my sig line for several weeks. The first draft (actually, more likely the fifteenth or so) is 71,688 words long, using the word processor's counting feature. I plan on submitting it to agencies and seeing if I can't get someone to represent it. But first, there is this little detail called editing. :)

Blessed Be, everyone.

scarletpeaches
07-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Finished draft? I has it! 128,180 words of brain-vomit. So there.

Yay me! :D

So that's 276,681 words in the past eight and a half months.

I have never, never been as productive as I have since starting up this unholy alliance with thethinker42.

So blame her.

Shweta
07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Neuro is the awesomest butthead ever.
I got extensive edits of my first diss chapter done and sent to my advisor to see if it's unembarrassing enough to send on to the rest of the committee yet.

IT IS DONE.
(now for the next chapter, siiiigh)

Ugawa
07-17-2009, 04:33 AM
Finished and submitted a new short story...

now I just have to finish editing my novel. Blah.

benbradley
07-17-2009, 07:16 AM
Holy gadzooks, this is an old thread.

I "finished" and recorded two songs since July 4, only 48 more to go between now and October 1. Yeah, they're online, um, somewhere...

Aggy B.
07-25-2009, 12:07 AM
I submitted a 2100 word short today. Kind of a rush. Now. Waiting. (Not so much of a rush.)

K_Woods
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Sent out my first completed short story yesterday. 1286 words.

Wayne K
08-03-2009, 03:55 AM
I haven't been here in a while.
1. Packed up and moved twice in three months.
2. Rewrote seven chapters of A Life Gone Awry.
3. Sent query to one agent, with full belief she will ask for the proposal.
4. Rewrote three chapters of Black Dark, being considered by agent.

That is all.

Wayne K
08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
But I'll be back.

NeuroFizz
08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I finally get to post in my own thread. I just sent a draft of my non-fiction book (Encyclopedia of Marine Science) to the series editors. It's been a massive project, and there still will be a bunch of work to be done, but the big bolus is clear of my desk for now. This has been like writing ten novels...

Oh, yeah. And I had another journal paper published in a scientific journal. Another is about to be submitted to another journal.

I can't give myself an "I am a butthead" rep, so I'll just do it here.

I am a butthead.

Wayne K
08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I sent it for you.

bettielee
08-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Neuro, YOU ARE A BUTTHEAD!

I finally get to say it.

Finished book II of my III book (planned) trilogy (If I may be so bold....)

I FINISHED IT! WHOOOOOO!

Cranky
08-17-2009, 04:10 AM
Finished and submitted two very short stories for an anthology. Go me! (Actually did that early Saturday morning)

Aggy B.
08-31-2009, 07:51 PM
Submitted another short.

And the previous one got rejected and promptly resubmitted (to different publishers.)

That put me at two stories submitted, one rejection. Go me. :-p

Terie
09-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Finished the draft of my first adult novel this morning. It's not the first draft, but a major overhaul of the first draft (as in, cut off the last half of the first draft, rewrote the first half and wrote something completely different for the second half). Now I just need to make a final pass before shooting it off to my agent next week. Whew!

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wvYMgSk/counter.png

Aglaia
09-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I finished the first draft of my first novel. Yay me! :D

Bubastes
10-04-2009, 05:04 AM
I finished and submitted a 6000-word short story today.

ETA: and sold it 27 days later!

heyjude
10-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Finished--80K crime fic.

Is Neuro getting tired of saying he's a butthead yet?

Parametric
11-16-2009, 07:23 AM
This is how much of a butthead you are:

Late on the 31st of October I finished the beta draft of my third novel (over six months' work) and mailed it out to beta readers. Half an hour later, I resumed work on my stalled fourth novel for Nanowrimo. I hit 50k on night fourteen. Tonight I finished the novel.

That's two first drafts and one major revisions beta draft finished in the last eight months, making this officially my most productive year ever. And it's my 21st today. So I am terribly, terribly full of myself. :D

erinbee
11-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Hey, Neuro, you're a butthead. CASE IN POINT: I finished and turned in my book-length manuscript three months before deadline last Monday. BOOM! ;)

bettielee
12-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Mr. Neuro! You are a butthead, Sir! Second time I have gotten to say that since finding this thread and joining AW!

Last time, it took 8 months or so to get to the "Neuro is a butthead" - but this time, 103K in less than two months.

whoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

mario_c
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Well done, non-butthead club. :D And I'm so excited to post in this thread, because it can only mean one thing.
Script #5 is "done".
By "done", I mean it needs better development for some character relationships, and some filler scenes to build the tension in act 3...and with that, it'll still be a big shiny turd of a script, but I don't even care because it's DONE. Going to WGA and copyright before my ski vacation next weekend, too. :)

Namatu
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
I finished my WIP last Friday and it will be going out to betas this week!

bettielee
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Hello again. I love that I am two posts away from my last post.

Mr Neuro! You are a butthead, sir! Third time I get to say this.

This time: 1 month, ten days and 95,597 words, 465 manuscript pages.

uh huh. Oh yeah. mmm-hmm....

Now on to editing that Spiritcaster manuscript.

heyjude
03-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I loooooove coming to this thread and saying "Finished another ms!" (Especially this ms. in particular.) :)

The Kidd
03-07-2010, 07:58 AM
HAH! I finished the first draft of my YA Urban Fantasy! HA YOU BUTTHEAD! lol :)

Dorothea May
03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I finished the first draft of my first ms.

90k--and it almost killed me.

Now begins the hard part.

Eddyz Aquila
03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Neuro, you're a butthead. There, I said it.

Having said that, I'm also saying that I finished my first novel. Am I not AWsome or what?

goddessofthehunt
03-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Finished the first draft of my first-ever novel, Coldfire, last night. I handwrote it so I'm now going through the gruelling task of typing up the backlog of chapters I haven't had the time to type. The ms stands at over 130,000 words, with about ten more chapters to be typed up.

Yes, Eddyz, you are AWesome :)

jerry phoenix
05-10-2010, 08:02 PM
WIP is ready for final edit but it is only a short-5K. resubbed two other shorts today, both around 2K.

got 4 shorts on submission all together plus my longshort/novellette which is shortlisted by the antho i subbed it to.

also sent my script out again recently.

will post here again when my wip is my latest sub.

jerry phoenix
05-13-2010, 04:21 PM
my wip is now my latest submission. i sent it a few moments ago.

this means i have no wip. will have to come up with one soon.

also followed up a submission from nov last year-will most likely be resubbing this one next week

KyraDune
08-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Angel - Short Story - Published in June
Flight of Dragons - Novella - Submitted
Best Kept Secret - Short Story - Submitted
The Good Ship Gehenna - Short Story - Submitted
Forever Stone - Short Story - Submitted

mario_c
08-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Screenplay #6 done, FADE IN to FADE OUT. Not even a outline, dammit. (BTW there is only one way to finish a full length WIP, and that is well after 2AM after too many beers.)

Terie
09-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Just finished the first draft of my latest WIP. Rewrites commence soon, but for now...well, to bed. :D

JoNightshade
09-12-2010, 02:42 AM
I have been waiting to post in this thread for almost two years. Since it opened, actually. And now, at long last, I have finished a major rewrite of my novel. Yes, that's right, it took me two years. My excuse is getting pregnant and having a baby. Also, I wanted to GET IT RIGHT, since last time an agent wanted some rewrites I rushed it and blew the opportunity.

So.

NEURO, YOU ARE A BUTTHEAD, SIR!

Wayne K
09-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Did it again with Street Life: My Story, a three part memoir. And though I can teach you a thing or two, I'm here to call you a butthead.

Thank for your contribution in the SYW thread of chapter one. For that I say you're a great guy, and, Dude, you're anything butt :D

ETA: I finished at 105,000 words

Bubastes
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Neuro, your cranial cleavage is showing! I finished the first draft of a 95K word novel today.

Karen Landis
10-02-2010, 05:01 AM
I just completed the final final final draft of my 93K word book, the final draft of the synopsis, and the completed query letter. I've already started looking for agents. Wish me luck.

Jilly McGilly
10-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I just finished the final draft of my first novel!

And now I get to say Nuero, you're a butthead. And I think I love you.

maestrowork
10-28-2010, 06:22 AM
I finished the first draft on September 2. (148,000 words)

I finished revising the 4th draft on September 17. (123,000 words)

I'm currently waiting on my betas. Two have already reported. :)

Rich, you're a butt-head. But I'm your beavis.

Shadow_Ferret
01-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Oh, even though I wasn't paying attention to this thread, just last week I finished the novella I started in November.

So Neuro, "you're full of sh!t."

Eddyz Aquila
01-27-2011, 01:17 AM
Neuro, after another 9 months, I can proudly say you're a butthead. :)

Second novel completed.

Jozzy
03-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Bubastes invited me to post in this thread, as I have now finished my first rough-draft.

Mr. Neuro, I'm pretty much a noob/lurker around here, and I don't know you personally. I have looked through this thread, however, and judging by the comments of other successful writers here, I'm force to conclude that you are a butthead.

heyjude
06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Finished another one! :snoopy:

mario_c
06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
This thread is still alive? Well done, people.
I actually re-finished script #6 - it went through such a grueling beta and rewrite it's got a new title and it finally has an ending, which was the issue. Now off for more betas, rewrites and attempts to sell - what a great life...

howard manson
06-11-2011, 03:36 AM
OK, I'll bite.

I'm new here since yesterday.

The novel 72 Hour Protocol: at 119,000 words is a spy thriller/love story, complete and being submitted to agents. I began reading research in July 2010, plotted it, wrote a treatment for it, wrote the script for it, then wrote the novel from that. I finished the book mid April 2011. I read 41 non-fiction books as reference and used so much more research material that I won't tell you about because you simply won't believe it.

As far as I'm concerned, all this will mean something when I sell the book and then readers buy the book.

Check out my query letter in a few days at SYW/QLH to comment.

Bubastes
06-14-2011, 05:47 AM
I never tire of calling Neuro a butthead. I submitted a 6000-word short story today.

vombatidae
07-02-2011, 06:14 AM
My only "publication" (meaning it was written for and is available to the public but not technically a published work) was a report written for NYC Audubon in 2007.

My story "The Thing In the Jar" won honorable mention in The Mysteries of the Blood contest in 2006. It was due to be published at the time but the journal went under before that could happen.

I've written and submitted a few more short stories since but have not had any publications yet. My last submission was to Narrative Magazine a week ago.

I'll have to post here again when I do get published.

Bubastes
08-10-2011, 03:47 PM
This thread needs more posts. I finished and submitted a 37,000-word novella last night. Neuro, you are still a butthead.

NeuroFizz
08-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Excellent work. And you are right. I am a butthead.

mario_c
08-21-2011, 09:52 AM
But you're OUR butthead, Neuro. And I for one am not done. Just typed FADE OUT on script #7. Oh, it needs editing - it's 40 pages too long and yet needs more scenes. But that's how it is - writing is quick, rewriting never ends.

nchahine
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
This thread lives! Just finished my 100,000K novel yesterday. Time for revisions.

bettielee
09-30-2011, 02:18 AM
I haven't been here in a long time. I always feel torn when I am, it makes me think.

Congrats to all the recent posters!

I finished the first draft of a book - this is probably one of the worst first drafts I've finished (as far as the story needing serious re-writes) but it's also the first book I've finished in a really long time, and I feel sort of... vindicated. I still have a lot of work to do, but I still feel like I've really accomplished something.

Of course - that brings up the other side of the point of this thread (or the point to me) I've finished several novels, but I've only put one "out there". (It got NO response. I got ONE positive note from an agent who urged me to send her something else, but that is out of 50 queries.) I have 4 books that are probably never going to see the light of day. I have two finished but unedited novels that I do think are sale-able. Now I have a 3rd. I gotta get past the just writing of novels and start polishing, querying and synopsysing....

It's another phase of the writing game I need to get better at. I keep finding excuses not to step up to the plate.

Thanks for listening!

*leaves $2 in the collection plate*

nchahine
10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I haven't been here in a long time. I always feel torn when I am, it makes me think.

Congrats to all the recent posters!

I finished the first draft of a book - this is probably one of the worst first drafts I've finished (as far as the story needing serious re-writes) but it's also the first book I've finished in a really long time, and I feel sort of... vindicated. I still have a lot of work to do, but I still feel like I've really accomplished something.

Of course - that brings up the other side of the point of this thread (or the point to me) I've finished several novels, but I've only put one "out there". (It got NO response. I got ONE positive note from an agent who urged me to send her something else, but that is out of 50 queries.) I have 4 books that are probably never going to see the light of day. I have two finished but unedited novels that I do think are sale-able. Now I have a 3rd. I gotta get past the just writing of novels and start polishing, querying and synopsysing....

bettielee, just wondering: have you tried using beta readers? As a writer, it's sometimes hard to tell what's crap and what isn't. That's why fresh eyes are needed.

Beta's may also give you suggestions on how to improve your story, if you find your stories are going wrong.

bettielee
10-01-2011, 11:56 AM
oh yes - I have had many betas. Well, I did of the one I actually subbed. The others haven't been polished and given to betas to check out. Also, my query sucked hose pipe. Big time. And I was trying to sell an epic fantasy just as everyone and his brother was jumping off the epic fantasy bandwagon - I think that was only a small part of it, tho. Much of it, I am sure, was my lackluster query, which I just never got right.

nchahine
10-02-2011, 11:50 AM
oh yes - I have had many betas. Well, I did of the one I actually subbed. The others haven't been polished and given to betas to check out. Also, my query sucked hose pipe. Big time. And I was trying to sell an epic fantasy just as everyone and his brother was jumping off the epic fantasy bandwagon - I think that was only a small part of it, tho. Much of it, I am sure, was my lackluster query, which I just never got right.

I feel your pain! My query is currently in QLH and getting beat up. :D Hopefully, I could get it into some semblance of order before I finish my revisions.

I think once this UF craze dies down, then epic fantasy will make a return. I'm still waiting for the next George R.R. Martin.

PrincessofPersia
10-02-2011, 12:56 PM
I feel your pain! My query is currently in QLH and getting beat up.

I'm looking forward to that!

bettielee
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
I feel your pain! My query is currently in QLH and getting beat up. :D Hopefully, I could get it into some semblance of order before I finish my revisions.

I think once this UF craze dies down, then epic fantasy will make a return. I'm still waiting for the next George R.R. Martin.

We can only hope.... I've jumped on the UF train. I like it. I miss the wide open plains and inns, tho. :)

Best of luck with your query!

Domino Derval
10-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Finished a draft of a 100k novel last month.

bettielee
01-17-2012, 10:00 AM
congrats, Domino!

Ah, I bring it back to life.

I finished my first romance - a gothic/quasi-historical/regency/fantasy type deal.

I hope my next "you are a butthead, sir" will be when I finish editing something

And, you are a butthead, sir. :)

kkbe
05-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I've just completed a 200,000-word fantasy about a butthead who posed a challenge on an obscure website called, for lack of a better term, "AW." My mc writes, "Prove I'm full of sh!t. Show me that AW is full of self-discipined writers, not a bunch of posers. Show me to be the bastard I am for assuming that we have too many of the latter.If you think I'm being a jerk here, use that energy. For all others, let's celebrate your successes."

Anyway, so this guy poses the challenge and people actually respond, and amazingly, most of them have completed something. Hell, some of them actually submitted their work, and some have even been PUBLISHED! Meanwhile, this guy is called a "butthead" innumerable times, in a multitude of ways, shapes, and forms (to wit: And, you are a butthead, sir; Neuro, you are still a butthead; I never tire of calling Neuro a butthead; And now I get to say Nuero, you're a butthead. And I think I love you; But you're OUR butthead, Neuro. . .), which tickles the daylights out of him, and which, it turns out, is the real reason he posed the question: He loves to be called "Butthead," because that's what his dear mother used to call him. . .

I've also written four other novels, one of which is in the final fine-tuning stage (QL nearly complete), two of which are approximately seventy-five percent complete; and one of which is insane and may never see the light of day. . .but it is my last novel, "Butt Seriously, Folks," that I am most proud of.

Parametric
05-23-2012, 01:47 PM
You, sir, know nothing! Finished another novel last night.

Little Anonymous Me
07-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I am proud to say my sig line does not lie.

WIP #1: is actually honestly DONE. (for a first draft) Only finished a little over a month ago--sorry, I'm new here! Just found this thread. :)

GailD
03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Oh. I can't believe I get to call Neuro a butt-head!

But I do.:)

My first novel is complete and out on query.

I wrote three short stories and sold all three!

Verily, thou art thrice a butt-head, Neuro. :D

NeuroFizz
03-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Sorry for the deletion. I meant to respond via a rep point.

bettielee
03-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Oh. I can't believe I get to call Neuro a butt-head!

But I do.:)

My first novel is complete and out on query.

I wrote three short stories and sold all three!

Verily, thou art thrice a butt-head, Neuro. :D

congratulations to you my friend! ;)

Parametric
03-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Sir, once again, you know nothing! Just finished another novel.

jkenton
05-01-2013, 12:16 AM
A 7.5K short story (or novelette, depending on who you ask) making the rounds, and a 30K novella in a "Selected for a second reading" state.

jkenton
05-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Just finished the first draft of "The Terror of Twelvety Town." 39.5K novella. About a month from start to today.

Verbal proof-read starts tomorrow, betas doing a light read to look at narrative flow, voice consistency, and any spots of anti-logic.

vombatidae
06-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Finally did it - I have a short story out in the latest issue of Scareship Magazine (http://www.scareship.com). The story is called "Hector". Here's to hoping many more follow!

jkenton
09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Another short finished, and fired off into The Pits of Submission.

maggi90w1
02-23-2014, 07:38 PM
I finished my 100k SciFi novel (and it only took 14 weeks). Yeah me!

Parametric
03-08-2014, 01:12 AM
Sir, you still know nothing. There goes another novel. :D

Crayonz
03-20-2014, 03:32 AM
DOGGONE IT, NEURO! I FINISHED IT, SO TAKE THAT! :tongue

First draft of novel is done. First novel I have ever completed.

Words cannot describe the glory I feel in my soul right now. :D

Kylabelle
03-20-2014, 03:41 AM
Aw, Crayonz! This is awesome! So proud of you! :D