PDA

View Full Version : Got Svelte: The May Get Healthy Thread

Good Word
05-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Oops? Where do the days go? Starting the May thread a day late, but here we go!

Everyone welcome--newbies, folks currently trying to change their lifestyle in a healthy way. Some folks want to lose weight, some want to gain. Some quit smoking, some exercise more. Some have medical reasons for changing their diet, some would like to get into a smaller clothing size.

A lot of good things have happened here in the past few months since I started this thread. One of our gang ditched a wheelchair, and started exercising and eating healthier, losing many inches and pounds. Another has quit smoking. ChunkyC, the AW administrator has lost many pounds. We won't be able to call him Chunky for much longer! And there are many other successes, big and small.

My goal is that I really wanted to get healthier by losing weight and increasing my fitness level. I really really really wanted to be able to fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a long time by May 14, when I'm leaving on a big trip out of the country. And today I am sitting here wearing them! They are pretty snug, mind you, but if I just lose a couple of pounds more, they'll be comfortable enough to wear on my trip.

I have a fair amount of weight to lose, and haven't lost that many pounds (probably less than ten), but I've decided to not weigh myself for a month or so, so while I don't know exactly what I weigh, I have a very good idea. For me, weighing-in too often isn't useful, because no matter how great the loss is from the last time I weighed myself, it's NEVER enough. So I've decided to do it less. For some people, though, weighing in weekly is a good motivator.

From exercising, I've lost inches and increased my muscle mass a bit. And I haven't given up red wine or chocolate, although I do have bit less. I bike at least once per week. I try to work out at least 3 times per week, and have help from a trainer to keep me motivated and my routine varied. I even started doing the Stairmaster. Whodathunkit?

I have to admit, I give up A LOT. But, I figure, if I start again, every day, I'll get there eventually. I'm a tortoise, not a hare. But a tortoise that can probably leg press a Cooper Mini. :)

I'm really proud to be a part of this, and am really happy that so many people are getting and giving health support here at AW.

So, what do you want to work on this month?

Nivvie
05-03-2005, 01:27 AM
This belly is still not fit for human consumption, and it's nearly summer.

Good thing I don't live near a beach.

I've put my name down for a 5k run (hahaha), and humiliation being the powerful tool it is, it's making me get out there and train.

ChunkyC
05-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Hello all you health nuts!

I have been stuck on 218 for a while now, 2 pounds short of my goal for April. I wanted to hit 216. Oh well, it's the first time I fell short since I started, so that's pretty good in the grand scheme of things.

To reach my goal of being 170lbs by my birthday in October, I would have to lose 9.6lbs per month from here on out. Most docs will tell you that you really shouldn't lose more than 8 pounds per month, so that's what I'm going to shoot for from now on. It means I will probably still have a bit to lose by my birthday, but what the heck. So what if it takes until Halloween or Thanksgiving, so long as I get there?

So, with the revised math, here's the weight I want to reach by the end of May:

210lbs.

When I get to this weight, I will have lost 40lbs, and be halfway to my goal.

Good luck this month, everyone!

ritinrider
05-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Yeah! The healthy thread is back. Stopped by yesterday after I got home and it wasn't here, darn. I was afeerd it was gone forever. Thank you for bringing it back. Was wondering where I'd find support.

Congrats on fitting into the jeans, very kewl.

Chuck, I like your attitude, your new math ain't bad either. You still gonna have a slimming good time on your birthday cause you'll be so close to your ideal weight.

As for me, I'm still on the slimming path. Although, I'm going down even slower than Chuck. To date I've shed 14-15 pounds, in 4 months. That's about 4lbs. a month. I'm hoping to up that just a little, like maybe 5lbs a month? I can get into one of the dresses I want to wear at the end of the month, more slimming won't hurt though. The other one, actually, it's a skirt and jacket, is still a couple of inches away. May not get into it by the deadline, but I'm gonna give it a good shot. I like weighing (well, not "like" exactly) once a week. Monday mornings is the time I've chosen for whatever reason. I also measure. Sometimes the scale doesn't stop at a lower number, but the tape measure does. And at least I can feel good about dropping a fraction of an inch or so.

How about those of you trying to gain weight - any success yet?

Good health to ya'll.
Nita

tjwriter
05-03-2005, 10:42 AM
My goals for May are:

Start walking every day - 2 miles to start with, but I would like to be up to 3 miles for the same amount of time or the same 2 miles in a shorter time frame by the end of the month. Also, to begin to add some flexibility exercises. I want to be able to do the splits again.
Quit smoking - I quit last week and the stress from finals and the lack of sleep ruined me. I picked up cigarettes again this weekend. Once finals are over (Wed.) I hope to move towards quitting again.
Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet - Since I am starting 2 other major things, I don't want to overdo it. I figure I can still eat whatever I want, but by eating more fruits and vegetables, there will be less room for junk food.
Current Weight - Yeah, right! I'm not telling!! :tongue
Current Amount of Weight over Ideal Weight - 70 lbs.
Main Goal - Not so much to lose the weight as to get in shape.

Good Luck to Everyone Else! :Trophy:

P.S. CC, you have probably hit the plateau phase of weight loss, since you said you were getting to close to the half of the goal. Google it and there is plenty of good advice out there

JenNipps
05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm just basically checking in here, saying that I will get back on track this month. I need to get on the blasted scale so I'll know exactly where I'm at, but I don't want to. lol.

I'll do it sometime this week and plan to be on the South Beach diet again by Monday.

Kudra
05-04-2005, 12:16 AM
My goal this month is to start a routine of exercising everyday. So for a month, I want to get into the habit of exercising one hour a day, five days a week.

scribbler
05-05-2005, 12:24 AM
With me, it's the blood pressure thing. Less weight, less medication. Plus, I was also upset at not being able to button my slacks. Either lose weight or buy new clothes, the latter not an option. Seemed like a no-brainer, but how to get motivated? Then I stumbled upon a web site (www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com/)) where I could see my eating and exercise habits in black and white, and also keep track of them. See what you think. It's helped me already. There's another similar one recently created by the government (Dept of Agriculture, I think) and based on the newly designed food pyramid. It's good, but I like the ease of handling for fitday.com better.

Kudra
05-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Well, my best friend's sister finally convinced me to join aerobics. The classes are from 6.30 to 7.30 in the morning, which also means I'll have the additional benefit of setting straight my routine (no more staying awake till 6 am!) :thankyou:

I went for my first class today, and it was a whole lotta fun. The downside is that I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of bed for a week. :Wha:

JenNipps
05-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I went for my first class today, and it was a whole lotta fun. The downside is that I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of bed for a week. :Wha:

I remember that feeling all too well. Though I did enjoy aerobics too. I'm so uncoordinated, though, that I always tried to stay back far enough that not everyone would see me but still close enough that I could see well enough to know what to do. Somehow, I always ended up on the first or second row anyway.

Melina
05-05-2005, 06:18 PM
I want to work out at least 3 times a week, cut down on sugar and carbs, and get more sleep!

Melina

JenNipps
05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Why is it, I wonder, that when I decide to start something (exercise, walking, etc.) my ankles & back start bothering me? Psychosomatic? Blech.

LisaHa
05-05-2005, 11:03 PM
This might be the extra motivation I need.

I am overweight (by at least 70lbs) and have PCOS. Most diets have failed in the past. Even when the doctor put me on a special drug and I slogged my guts out on WW, I still only lost 14lbs (in a YEAR!!!!!). After that, I just decided I would be happy as a big girl.

But, I know I'm not very healthy due to the excess weight, even though I eat plenty of fruit and veg and try to fit exercise into my 13 hour working days! I am high risk for developing diabetes and heart disease.

So, I have been doing a lot of research into what diets should help sufferers of PCOS and the general consensus from the US and Australia (UK is miles behind on this) is that a low carb diet is the way to go (all to do with insulin levels etc). This is not saying Atkins is the only answer - most low carb diets encourage the right fruit and veg. I have found a book by an Australian doctor which makes a lot of sense but I am finding it hard to re-educate myself and my tastebuds. and to find ways to fit it around my hectic lifestyle.

So, after that long introduction, my aim for May is to MAKE it fit my lifestyle even when I am away from home and eating out (as I will be quite a bit this month), exercise more regularly, and lose at least 5lbs by the end of the month.

Lisa x

ChunkyC
05-06-2005, 04:13 AM
Hiya, Lisa! Welcome and good luck with your goals.

I'm still stuck at 218. I bounce around a bit, 219 later in the day and even 220 again once. But every morning for over a week now, it's been

AAAAAAAAH!

Is this the part where I go bananas? Ooo, bananas ... http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoticonbanana.gif no, Chunky! Not the whole bunch!

Okay okay, I'll be good. Sheesh. TJW, I'll definitely take a google around and see what I can see about this 'plateau phase.' It seems like my body is telling me it wants to stay at this weight, but there's no way. I still have a bit of man-boob to get rid of, and the waistline is still much further out than my chest when I look at myself side-on in the mirror. I won't be happy until the pecs don't look like they're ready to lactate and I don't have to suck in the gut anymore.

Onward!

BlueTexas
05-06-2005, 07:14 AM
I've watched this thread for a couple months now, and it's finally time.

I was on live TV Tuesday night, and when it was over and I got home and asked my husband how it went, the brave man told me how bad I looked. He said I didn't look like his wife at all, that I looked at least 30 pounds heavier because I was leaning forward.

The fact that I'm refusing to view the tape is proof enough that I need to do something. I mean, I know I'm not skinny, and last year's clothes are too snug, but sheesh. Enough is enough.

I've exercised sporadically in the past, but today a coworker and I decided to do laps at the track four times a week. We walked two miles today. It's a start. And I dumped all the yummy stuff in the fridge and replaced it with good stuff (wait 'til my husband gets home, LOL!).

So here I am, and hopefully I'll have good progress to report soon!

Kudra
05-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Great going everyone. CC, hand over a banana please. I just love 'em. :banana:

I was quite skinny as a teen, so I'd load up on bananas quite a bit. Now I can't live without them. :)

Went for my aerobics class again today. Still learning the moves. But it was fun. My muscles are still screaming though. I haven't exercised in a loooong time, and the whole body workout is putting a lot of stress on thm. My body's just not used to doing any kind of work. :)

maestrowork
05-06-2005, 03:36 PM
CC, you're plateauing. You need to change your routines again.

Kira, your husband is brave! But he also deserves a cookie for being honest and supportive. Sometimes we all need that someone to tell us what we don't want to hear.

I just saw a film I was doing a bit ago and it's true that the camera adds at least 10 pounds on you. Suffice it to say I wasn't too pleased with how I looked. The problem is, when I gain weight, it goes directly to my face first. So I end up with this ginormous head that makes me look 15lbs heavier than I actually am.

Weight alone is not my problem. It's fat. If I'm leaner, my face would naturally slim down because muscles don't bulge up one's face. But fat does -- and we end up with double chins and flabby jaws and the cheekbones disappear.

BlueTexas
05-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Maestro, he can have all the cookies, LOL! I'm glad he told me. You know how people have the body image disorder whatever where they think they look worse than they do? I'm the opposite, lol, I think, aww..it's fine :)

All cameras have been deemed evil until last year's clothes fit!

ChunkyC
05-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the thread, Kira!

This morning's weigh-in:

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage38/7.gif
216lbs.

YEEEE-HA! Funny thing is, I feel like I've cheated a couple of times this past week by eating one of my wife's home made raisin tarts for a snack instead of crackers or carrot sticks, etc. But hey, since they're home made, all the stuff in 'em is good stuff. No preservatives, no food dyes, no artificial sweetners ... just YUMMY!!!

Keep on keepin' on, y'all!

jdkiggins
05-08-2005, 06:15 AM
WAY TO GO, CC!!!!

ChunkyC
05-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm on the Ping-Pong diet. This morning's weigh-in:

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage46/4.gif
217lbs.

I have charted my progress, and when I look at the graph generated by the data, I have slowed, but not stopped. I shall continue even if it takes until Christmas! What counts is that I get there.

I inherited a cheapo digital camera and in the next few days will upload a pic or two of my daily walk route for inspiration ... mostly for me. Once you see where I go on my walks, you guys will kick my butt every time I don't get out there.

JenNipps
05-12-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm on the Ping-Pong diet. This morning's weigh-in:

217lbs.

I have charted my progress, and when I look at the graph generated by the data, I have slowed, but not stopped. I shall continue even if it takes until Christmas! What counts is that I get there.

I inherited a cheapo digital camera and in the next few days will upload a pic or two of my daily walk route for inspiration ... mostly for me. Once you see where I go on my walks, you guys will kick my butt every time I don't get out there.

Chuck, I couldn't tell you the last time I got on a scale. OK, yeah, I could. Mid-April. You're way ahead of the game from my standpoint.

I know I said a while back that I would re-evaluate where I am and then start the South Beach diet again. But I haven't. I'm tired of the process, ya know? I'm not normally impatient -- er... depending on who you ask -- but this is one area where I really am. Since it's so nice out now, I really meed to badger mom more about getting to the track.

Good Word
05-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Gang,

I'm leaving on my trip this am a little slimmer, a lot healthier, and will be hanging out in Peru!

Chunk, if I don't get to it in time, will ya start the June thread?

jdkiggins
05-14-2005, 10:23 PM

Oooh CC, that sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pics. As soon as I did one out, I'll post one of mine too so you guys can see where I get my daily exercise walking to my mom's.

Congrats! to everyone for sticking to your plans.

Liam Jackson
05-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Finally gained back most of what I lost during the "black hole days." 240 and holding steady.

maestrowork
05-14-2005, 11:23 PM
LJ, you'd crush me with a push of a finger...

Liam Jackson
05-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Ray, that could never happen. I'm forbidden by blood oath from ever laying a finger on another member of the Heathen Horde. :)

It's those damn Viking genetics. If I lose ten pounds, I look like an Irish refugee fleeing the Potato Famine. If I gain ten pounds, I look like I single-handedly caused the Potato Famine.

You've seen me at close to my ideal weight (the picture little brother sent Jenna of my hungover, boxer-wearing self on Christmas morning. I keep waiting for that damn thing to resurface. She's a vicious woman with Photoshop.)

And, uh, what happened to your picture??

jdkiggins
05-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Woo Hoo! Liam. Congrats!

As promised. Here's one view of the path to Mom's house. It was a foot path, but saplings were cut to fit my 4x4 Mule. :D
Anyone want to take a walk?

Liam Jackson
05-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks, JD. It's been a long climb back to normality.

ChunkyC
05-15-2005, 01:40 AM
That's awesome, Liam!

Ray, that could never happen. I'm forbidden by blood oath from ever laying a finger on another member of the Heathen Horde. :)
Um -- doesn't Ray have to bleed for a blood oath to "take?" Just trying to help, Ray. ;)

Joanne -- that looks like a nice spot. So here's a shot of my daily walk route. These are some of the neat trees along the way.

ChunkyC
05-15-2005, 01:42 AM
...and this is further along.

jdkiggins
05-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Oh CC. I love my woods, but I love walking by water even more. Those are lovely pictures.

I think I'll come walk with you for awhile. :)

jdkiggins
05-15-2005, 02:18 AM
Here's the Wisteria bush/tree at the edge of my yard just before the path.

jdkiggins
05-15-2005, 02:19 AM
CC, how do you post such large pictures? The manage attachments makes me reduce them to 1/3 the size.

ChunkyC
05-15-2005, 02:45 AM
Jo -- I load the image from the camera into CorelPhoto Paint, then save it as a jpg with 25% compression, which gives me about a 30K file. The camera's higher quality setting is about double the file size for a somewhat better picture. All images with this camera are 640x480 pixels, I can't change it.

Mind you, this is an older 1 megapixel camera that wasn't the best camera available even when it was new. On the other hand, I got it for free, so what the hey? I'm still learning how to best use it and wish I had turned on the flash in the photos above. It was a rainy day and as is obvious now, the poor thing didn't have enough light.

If your photo software allows it, you can up the compression on a larger picture to get the file size smaller without reducing the pixels in the pic. But quality can suffer a bit with high compression percentages. For posting here, it probably wouldn't be noticeable.

jdkiggins
05-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Thank you. :Hug2:

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 02:49 AM
This isn't about health, but Chunky - those pictures are gorgeous. They remind me of an area near Port Townsend, WA on the Olympic Peninsula.

ChunkyC
05-15-2005, 02:56 AM
mommie -- I'm not that far north of Washington State. I'm just inside the front range of the Cascade Mountains, a part of the Rockies that runs down through Washington. I'm about an hour's drive west of Calgary, Alberta. I get the feeling Washington would feel very familiar to me.

Maryn
05-15-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm so disappointed. I promised on a defunct thread (April Mileage) that I would share photographs of the trees simultaneously and profusely in bloom where I walk.

However, the Erie Canal Authority has torn up about 6 miles (of 38 scheduled for resurfacing and improvement), including the apple, crabapple, and pear trees area. I sure wish they'd done this section later in the season!

Not to mention that upon my arrival, I keep finding my starting point already blocked off for construction. I drive to the next one to walk, but soon that one's closed, too... It's getting silly how far I have to drive to hit a good walking place, but I really prefer to be where there won't be any cars so I can let my mind wander.

It's going to be hard to make my mileage this month. Too much going on.

Maryn, already 6.5 miles short of where she ought to be

mommie4a
05-15-2005, 06:25 PM
mommie -- I'm not that far north of Washington State. I'm just inside the front range of the Cascade Mountains, a part of the Rockies that runs down through Washington. I'm about an hour's drive west of Calgary, Alberta. I get the feeling Washington would feel very familiar to me.

It is gorgeous there, on the Peninsula. My brother and his kids live in Seattle and visit Gabriola Is. almost every summer. I've seen the pictures. Almost perfect.

ChunkyC
05-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Checking in --

219lbs.

I feel like I'm on the Microsoft diet: everytime I get to a certain point, I get stuck there.

http://bestsmileys.com/funny/2.gif
Thank yuh, thank yuh -- wrote that joke myself, thank yuh. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

ritinrider
05-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Chuck, completely understand being stuck, I seem to be. Forgot to check in last week. Mind musta been fried from working on the quilt - I forgot to weigh or measure until Wed. . Not like me at all. Anyway, stepped back on the scale today, weight same, measurements, same,same, down 1/2 inch. Now how does it happen that I keep getting rid of inches on the hips? Not that I'm complaining you understand, the hips they are too large. But, hey, so is my waist. In fact, it's w a y too big. I'll take what I can get though. Haven't exercised properly for two weeks, and have eaten foods not designed to help lower the weight. Time to get back with the program.

Went for a walk yesterday, not going to make it today. But I did work out today, so that helps. When I stood at the bridge overlooking the creek I thought about the pictures ya'll had posted. They sure make a more scenic walk. Mine is pretty in spots, mostly just pasture, horses, or cows. Sometimes the dog plays and entertains me as I walk.

Oh, forgot, did take a short walk today. Took the car to the shop and walked to the school to help with grandson's end of school play day. Probably only about a half mile walk. But that make a mile, there and back. Nevermind there were about 3hours inbetween. And this walk was aromic (is that a word? I mean it smelled nice), honeysuckle and other flowers were displaying their scents. Made for a nice walk.

Nita

JenNipps
05-17-2005, 03:06 AM
aromic -> aromatic :)

Um....

I have nothing to report.

ChunkyC
05-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I think I might be moving downward again! This morning:

216lbs

Cautious optimism!

maestrowork
05-18-2005, 07:59 PM
You lost 3 pounds in 2 days? A little too fast, isn't it?

Anyway keep going, twin. Soon nobody will really tell us apart!

ChunkyC
05-19-2005, 12:36 AM
You lost 3 pounds in 2 days?
I'm sure it has to do with daily weight fluctuations and the time of day I weigh myself. I try to only log the morning weight. I can't remember, but Monday's might have been after breakfast. Today's was definitely before I ate.

ChunkyC
05-19-2005, 08:46 PM
We're definitely moving again. This morning:

215lbs

I was 217 on Sunday, so I think the 219 on Monday was an abberation. I'm just glad to be heading in the right direction again. Yeeha!

ChunkyC
05-21-2005, 08:49 PM
This is like when I first started back in January. Today:

214lbs

Wow. Y'know what I did to get myself out of the rut? On this past Sunday, we had some friends over to watch Attack of the Clones in anticipation of the new Star Wars movie. Mrs. Chunky made homemade pizzas. She called one of them the Death Star pizza. It had four kinds of meat, cheese, green peppers, mushrooms, crushed red peppers. I thought, screw it, it's a party, I can be bad for one day, and so I stuffed myself, which is probably why I shot up to 219 the next morning.

Now look at me less than a week later. Bizarre, eh?

maestrowork
05-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Chucky (or Mr. Slim from now on)... a lot of people give up their diet/exercise plans because they force themselves to be "good" all the time. They eventually get bored or burned out. That's why so many people fail or platteau. The first thing I learned about any dieting is: "Allow yourself to 'stuff yourself' or at least 'eat what you want' once a week. Ice cream. Pizza. Whatever."

The trick is that you won't feel deprived all week. You won't have that insatiable craving (I'm not talking sex... dammit! Agh!) It's the same concept behind eating 6 small meals a day while snacking all day -- so you won't develop that craving at the end of the day, wanting a large meal right before you sleep. It also helps improve your metabolism -- that's the key of keeping the weight off.

Good job, CC. So, every week, on Sunday or something, go and stuff yourself.

ritinrider
05-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Hey Chuck, congrats on the continued downward spiral of your scales. I think Ray might be right (umm, do we want to let Ray know?) about eating what you want at least once a week, or month or whatever. Remember not too long ago you had lost something like 2 pounds, yet had eaten homemade raisin tarts?

I'm glad you're doing so well, it's encouraging for me. Been sort of (ok, whole lot) lax these last two weeks. Not watching what I ate, too lazy to go to the store, so skimping on fruits and veggies, not exercising, and not weighing daily. The scales showed it today, I'm up 4 pounds. Yikes. Yes, I generally weigh every day just to see how I'm doing, but only my Monday morning weight counts.

On the other hand, at least the tape measure wasn't as mean to me as the scales. Measurements were all the same as two weeks ago, and last week too. Guess I've been moving more than I thought with all that's been going on around here.

Today I'm back on track. No bread, no sugar and regular exercise.

Nita

JenNipps
05-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Nita, it could be water, too, ya know. :)

I did a LOT of walking this weekend. And swimming. And playing air hockey. lol.

I want/need to get out to the track more often. Gotta find a carrot to lure Mom with. Either that or light a fire under her behind somehow.

jdkiggins
05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Congrats! CC Woo Hoo. You're doing great!

Nita, hang in there, you'll get back on track real soon. :)

ritinrider
05-25-2005, 01:05 AM
JD, thanks for the encouragement. It didn't take long for me to get back in the exercising/eating right mind-set. A noticable weight gain is Very motivational that way. This weekend all will be lost, and I'll have to start again next week. But in the meantime, eating right and exercising until then should help minimize the damage done this weekend. We're going to my daughter's wedding reception - I am NOT going to watch what I eat while there.

Jen - nice thought, some of it might have been water, but not 4 pounds of it!

Nita

JenNipps
05-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Maybe, though. :)

OK. Anyway....

Yesterday, I made it for a walk. Today, well.... Techincally, I don't suppose you could call it a walk? We went to the Italian festival out at the fairgrounds and walked around there.

ChunkyC
05-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Last day of May and I'm at 215lbs. Missed my goal again. Oh well. As always, I'm glad I'm not going back up.

The good news is that the tummy is getting a little flatter even as the weight stays the same. I'm at that weird spot now where all my big clothes are way too big, yet I'm not quite small enough yet to fit comfortably into the small clothes I have in the closet. I don't want to buy new stuff now when I still have another 45lbs to lose. At least the 'pants falling down to expose your underwear' fashion statement seems to be in vogue.

I just need nicer looking underwear. http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif