PDA

View Full Version : Is this Offspring ad new?

KikiteNeko
10-10-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm used to seeing ads on AW, but for the past few weeks, the only ad I get is "Offspring" by Liam Jackson... is this a new thing? Is he a member here? If so, more power to him :)

Ken
10-10-2008, 11:40 PM
when this ad was put up a few weeks back all of the thread titles got centered on the message board for a few days. I think there were some threads about it. Judging by the cover, the book looks like a good read. Will have to give it a look.

dpaterso
10-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Liam is 203 years old and has been a moderator here since the Nixon administration. I'm reliably informed that he gives good book.

-Derek

Bayou Bill
10-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Liam is 203 years old and has been a moderator here since the Nixon administration. I'm reliably informed that he gives good book.

-Derek
But I'm told he doesn't look a day over 200.

Bayou Bill :cool:

mscelina
10-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Liam's going to beat you for that, Derek.

vixey
10-11-2008, 12:56 AM

-Derek

But I thought Al Gore created the internet. He was in college when Nixon was president. AG was more ahead of his time than I thought.

Medievalist
10-11-2008, 01:48 AM
Liam does give good book.

Google ads aren't really generating much income--in part because AW has "blocked" a lot of ads for being offensive/inappropriate. So Mac figured why not put up an ad for Liam's new book, just out in paperback.

Liam's been a mod and a member for a coon's age. Or longer.

KikiteNeko
10-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Liam does give good book.

Google ads aren't really generating much income--in part because AW has "blocked" a lot of ads for being offensive/inappropriate. So Mac figured why not put up an ad for Liam's new book, just out in paperback.

Liam's been a mod and a member for a coon's age. Or longer.

Ah, gotcha... But why not put other mod and members' books? Eventually everyone who's interested will have seen that add and it'll have served its purpose.

CACTUSWENDY
10-11-2008, 04:05 AM
And this is his first book, one of a series of seven, and it came out in hard copy last year. This is the paperback one. His new book comes out this month or last month I think. (He also sold the movie rights to this series.)

He is old, but a real dear. I read this one and he does good with it.
Am looking forward to his second one.

Carry on.....

Yeshanu
10-11-2008, 08:29 AM
The full story behind the miracle that is Liam and Offspring can be found here (http://www.liamjackson.com/page9.html), on the official web site.
Yes, Liam is, and continues to be, a very special person on this site.

maestrowork
10-11-2008, 10:17 AM
I am Liam Jackson.

There, I feel better coming clean.

Yeshanu
10-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Riiiiight...