• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

"Snippits"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG_Hambone

Registered
Reaction score
This is an idea I picked up from another user (Kitty3Tree) on WritersMafia, another favorite site of mine.

I will post a "snippit", a written work just a few lines long. then you should write a snippet that relates to the one the person before you posted.

Like changing channels on the television , but the channels are all loosely related

So, here goes:

Mallory and I sat and smoked in her bedroom, talking about nothing. I got up and left the room to stretch my legs. I stood at the top of the stairs, thinking about if I should confess everything to her. Suddenly, I felt a forceful shove from behind. I whirled one-eighty to see Mallory grinning with malice.

elf_friend39

loves elves and fairies :)
Registered
Reaction score
...I threw out my hands in a wild attempt to catch myself as I tumbled down the polished, mahogany steps. I lay at the bottom of the stairwell with a dull pain in my neck and the blood pumping furiously in my veins. The images before my eyes seemed to distort into curly shapes as Mallory's spiteful voice registered in my ears, saying:

ejaycee

knows nothing of your ruined garden
Registered
Reaction score
"You think you could hide it, Kathy? You think I honestly didn't know?"
She walked slowly down the stairs, each footstep a feminine clack, that thumped behind my eyes like a headache. She... How could she have known...? And why? Why was she acting like this?
I sat up slowly as she came to a halt before me, the tops of her knee-high boots just level with my eyes.

STKlingaman

Followed the Red Brick Road
Registered
Reaction score
Drawing the small camping axe from her
purse, she laughed and said, "Now I know."
Putting her hand up to stop the blow, Kathy
was left with a bloody stump, severing the
hand at the wrist. The second blow split
Kathy's head open, as she slump to the floor.
"Now," Mallory said wedging the axe free
of Kathy's forehead. Wiping the axe on the drapes, Mallory
slipped the axe back in her designer purse,
and latching it closed said, "Danny will be all mine
again."

Last edited:

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
"CUUUUUUT!" A voice yelled from behind a curtain. "That was awful! I told you to have conviction! Jesus Christ! All right, we're gonna take a break for now... Back in twenty!"

The director hopped off of his chair and slid across the room, finishing his coffee and crushing the cup in his hand. "Actors... Actors!"

Status
Not open for further replies.