A Stone, A Leaf, A Door

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
"A Stone, A Leaf, A Door"

Poems by Thomas Wolfe-selected and arranged in verse by John S. Barnes

From the forward by Louis Untermeyer-

"It has often been suggested that Thomas Wolfe was a poet who elected to write in prose. This volume proves the suggestion to be a fact. More than anything else, Wolfe wanted to be a poet."

Which of us has known his brother?
Which of us has looked into his father's heart?
Which of us has not remained forever prison-pent?
Which of us is not forever a stranger and alone?

The book is out of print but you can get a used copy from Amazon or other used book dealers on the net for about $10. Some want a lot more. Mine was $13.

If you love Wolfe's writtings, you'll love this book.

Last edited:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
sounds like something to look for. thanks

Energy jobs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.global-jobs.nl
n the complex, erudite, often ouroborean critical "understructure" that pulses and mills and pronounces behind the vast engine of mainstream book reviews and media sound bites, Stephen King has been proclaimed many things, from hack horror writer to important populist synthesizer to Dickensian literary artist. I recall a conversation with a former mentor, a talented writer with an exhaustive knowledge of the publishing industry, whose response to my affection for at least a few of King's books (notably an odd little poem entitled "Brooklyn August" tucked away inauspiciously at the very end of was that they simply could not be Literature, capital 'L'. That, by definition, something easily consumed by the (the implication was "unsophisticated" or "untutored") public at large simply could not qualify as "good," or at least certainly not "artistically worthwhile." This person then admitted he had not read any of the books in question; I silently forgave him this oversight

Billytwice

Registered
Reaction score
n the complex, erudite, often ouroborean critical "understructure" that pulses and mills and pronounces behind the vast engine of mainstream book reviews and media sound bites, Stephen King has been proclaimed many things, from hack horror writer to important populist synthesizer to Dickensian literary artist. I recall a conversation with a former mentor, a talented writer with an exhaustive knowledge of the publishing industry, whose response to my affection for at least a few of King's books (notably an odd little poem entitled "Brooklyn August" tucked away inauspiciously at the very end of was that they simply could not be Literature, capital 'L'. That, by definition, something easily consumed by the (the implication was "unsophisticated" or "untutored") public at large simply could not qualify as "good," or at least certainly not "artistically worthwhile." This person then admitted he had not read any of the books in question; I silently forgave him this oversight

Hmmm,

Pukka comments, but I don't see the link between Stephen King and Thomas Wolfe?
Was he a baseball fan as well?

Billytwice

Registered
Reaction score
Wierd spam!
But when I look at that post, it does seem like someone has mechanically separated the words from a dictionary's pages and then formed the result into a block of something that tries to be something else...
It maybe that spam is turning into an art form?