• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for Horror Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalongod

Registered
Reaction score
Hello:

I'd be interested in getting a beta-reader for a horror novel I've been working on. Briefly, my novel (tentatively called "The Throat") focuses on a blood-borne parasite that causes human hosts to develop a strong desire to consume human flesh/blood, as well as a physiological need for human blood to survive, yet leaves their higher reasoning and moral beliefs intact. Infected individuals must wrestle with the choice of letting themselves die or killing others. A police detective name Alan Stieger stumbles into this situation when investigating the death of a teen girl who had stabbed out her own eyes, then burst into flame in an ER (yes, the book is obliquely a vampire novel, although the word vampire is never uttered).

I've got 6 chapters done and very interested in getting some feedback (having someone actually read it may also motivate me to work on it more often!).

If interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Best,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.