its even stranger online

midknighthaze

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samsuffrat.blogspot.com
so i finished my novel a few days before i went to college for the semester. happiness.:hooray: until i saw what i had to REVISE.:cry: ugh. between quizzes, tests, homework, keeping what's left of a social life, and eating, ive been trying to do the book thing. i was instant messaging my friend,watching television, trying to do my homework, that i didn't realize i was at the end of the page on my word document.COMPLETELY DONE. REVISING. the conversation went like this:

"ME:blah blah
HER:blah blah blah

hour l8er

ME: well im not sure. i think...
HER:lol u think ur wat

ME:i think im done. REVISING.
HER:OMG

ME:im...kinda...confused.how it happened.
HER:why?wat do u mean? explain.

ME:i worked on revision forEVER,not counting the millenia it took to finish the book, and im suddenly....DONE???

weird."

it seems that the monumental moments in life can be so non-monumental. hehe.

GO FIGURE.

anything like that ever happened to u? inquiring minds need to know :)

Last edited:

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on finishing!

Sometimes anticipation we create in our minds can be greater or larger than a thing actually turns out to be. We tend to build things to be much larger than what they are/were or worse than what they really are. And, then when faced with reality, it is almost a let down and we are neutral or even a bit blue when we get to the actual. Maybe even a bit lost at what to think/feel - as you do now. I can see where this might be so. Editing/revising drove you and with that it would take forever had you in a certain mindset. Then, "poof" you are at the end and there you are. Done. Anticipation of the next page does not drive you to continue for you are done. Thus, it seems odd to be over. Once the shock wears off and you realize your huge accomplishment (especially in light of all your other stuff) it will cause much more satisfaction (if this is what is happening anyway). In any case, if you wish to feel that some more - you can start your query and your synopsis and get into your round of submitting. If you are feeling "neutral" and a bit lost after the other I mean and would like that anticipation (read: anticipation as excitment here) again.

Good luck now you are finished and be proud you did a major thing!

midknighthaze

Registered
Reaction score
Website
samsuffrat.blogspot.com
astonwest, wayy ahead of u, wayy ahead of u, hehe! got a beta ASAP after i finished.

and willfulone, im no stranger to the submitting process (i was rash the first time without COMPLETING the book, got a partial request though. rejected l8er) and to tell you the truth, finishing the book without the revisions seemed a much bigger feat than the revision. also, since i jumped the gun on submitting last time ive been working on the synopsis and query along with the book. the book took longer to revise, hehe. so all im waiting is for u, adoring AW, and beta , and my closest friends, to lug me along the road to publication and im all set.im in no rush though. Learned that last time!