A first... well, for me at any rate. :)

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
My name is Melissa Hollern. I am 35. And today-- I received my first voter registration card. :D Why it took me so damn long to do this is anyone's guess. But I never truly complained about who was in office because I never did my part to either put them there, or vote for someone to replace them. That is no longer a valid excuse for me. So come November-- watch out. Because there's someone else out here with a voice to be heard.

:cool:

By the way, I find this very, VERY cool!

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! Here's what you get to do that day

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. It's good to step up and affect the process.

Maryn, who still feels guilty for missing that one schoolboard vote in 92

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet! I just need to fill out one last thing on my registration form, then send it out!

I still have time, right? I'd kill myself if I missed THIS election!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet! I just need to fill out one last thing on my registration form, then send it out!

I still have time, right? I'd kill myself if I missed THIS election!

There's a site that tells you when you have to be registered in order to vote in this election here. Just go to your state and all the info you need is there, including deadlines. Come join me! :D

eta: actually, if I had scrolled down the Rock the Vote website, each state's registration deadlines are posted right there. And some have already passed, so I hope you get it on time! Duh....

Edit of the edit: The duh was for me not looking, not you not being able to register. :p Also I looked a little closer. I think there's only one state that the deadline is past, most of them are today or after, so get out there!!!! And a hint: I registered at my DMV when I switched my license, but I think you can go there any time to register. Luck!

Last edited:

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Good for you!

*hijacks thread for a second*

I've only voted by absentee ballot... I'm stupidly excited I'm living at home this year, and I'll be out of classes and home by 6:30pm, and my polls are open until 8:00pm... So I am actually going to get to GO to the polls this time, rather than mail away an absentee ballot!

Yippie!

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
Hurrah, now you can pretend you have a voice too.

Thank you, Captain Buzzkill. Any puppies you'd like to kick on the way out today?

Eh, don't worry because I give that a big 'whatever' since your voice can be as loud or as soft as you want it to be.

I'm excited. So :wag:to the pessimists! :D

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I first voted when I was 18, mostly because my father was in the same class at the Naval Academy as Georgia governor Jimmy Carter, who happened to be running for President in 1976. I wasn't very "politically aware" back then, and don't know if I would have voted had there not been that connection.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
w00t!

$$$%%%$$$

*​

Ol' 61

Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! See ya at the polls!

My first election was in 1980. I voted for Carter. He didn't win. <sniff!> But he went on to establish Habitat for Humanity, so it all worked out in the end.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you! See ya at the polls!

My first election was in 1980. I voted for Carter. He didn't win. <sniff!> But he went on to establish Habitat for Humanity, so it all worked out in the end.

Yeah, I couldn't vote in that election, as I was 6 at the time... LOL But I do remember it because (and sorry about this) but I bet my mom a dollar (Hey, I was 6 and it was 1980) that Carter would lose to Reagan. I probably registered as a Democrat in a subconscious effort to erase that bet... :D