Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Okay, I'm using Microsoft Word. I think it's the office 2000 edition. Any way, I cannot now insert a word into the middle of a sentence without the words to the right getting dragged to the left and disapearing. I'm thinking I might have inadvertantly hit a wrong key on my board, but nothing I seem to do has fixed it, including copying it and making a new file.

For instance. In the below sentence I'm missing the word "good", so when I try to insert that word, everything to the right of it slides to the left and disapears. What happened? Is this a format problem. Scroll lock or Num lock deal?

Now is the time for all men to come to the aid of their country.

I would appreciate any help.

Tri

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Now is the time for all men to come to the aid of their country.

Will one girl do? :D

It sounds to me like you have Overtype engaged. I have Word 2000, and at the bottom of the pane is a toolbar (starts Page 1 Sec 1 over on the left) - about halfway through is a little button that says OVR. If it isn't grayed out, Overtype is on. You can also get to it from Tools>Options>Edit, and uncheck Overtype Mode.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It could be that you have "Insert" off. Hit the "Insert" key and then try to add a new word.

From your description this might not be it, but it's worth a try.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think sunna was right as well; it's just a different way of doing the same thing (either allowing insert, or having it so that it overtypes).

Status
Not open for further replies.