Made a monkeybottom of yourself? Help is near.

Eirin

Likes picnic with roast beef.
Registered
Reaction score

What To Do When You've Made An Ass Of Yourself. A Guide.

What To Do When You've Been Grievously Misunderstood Through No Fault Of Your Own. A Guide.

Do stupid people refuse to take you seriously? Are nitwits laughing at your thoughful and not-at-all Teal Deer posts? Are the philistines snickering at your obviously superior arguments?

Not to worry! You have a number of options guaranteed to make everyone instantly recognize and acknowledge your genius.
Leave 'em in the dust!
They'll be sorry!
Really.

For your ease and comfort I present you with several hard-hitting retorts with which you'll silence critics and garner well-earned accolades.

The "I Don't Care" defence. Post should include following key sentences:

I dont care. Look at me, I'm sitting over here, not caring. You're all ridiculous, but I'm above all that 'cause I don't care. Really. Watch how much I don't care.

The "It Was A Social Experiment" defence. Post should include following key sentences:

It was an experiment, but you're all too stupid to get it. I was just testing a theory and you all fell for it. Ha ha. I'm all vindicated now.

The "I Did It For The Lulz" defence. Post should include following key sentences:

I was mocking you, but you're obviously too stupid to understand that. I'm laughing so hard right now. Ha ha. This is so funny I'm crying. I haven't had this much fun in ages and that's totally why I did it.

Too add flourish and that "Extra Little Something", each of the outlined responses can be embellished with a well-executed Flounce or even a Pseudocide.

If all else fail, let loose the hounds of war your cartooney.

Remember, You Are Not Alone!

The Lurkers Support You In E-mail.

:D

Last edited:

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Another one popular on one of the band forums I sometimes frequent is the If U were really a TRUE (BAND) FAN then U would have gotten it!!!!!111 defense.

Or the always popular Yeah, but you like (other band) too, so you're a moron!!!!!!1111 defense.

Then there's the Geez, I wuz just kiding can't U take a joke defense...

*Goes off to work up a killer pseudo-flounce.*

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Or there's always the 'oops' approach and you just laugh at your own gaff.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
No no no! We'll have none of that earth-logic here. That stuff's only for ::shudders:: reasonable people.

:roll:

Sorry. I always feel better if I flip the bird at the computer screen.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, well, you loosers are 2 dum 2 under stand my geneus and UR all a bunch of loosers and im going where they aprecate a real geneus not where theyre all loosers likeU and ha ha the lurkers support me in email cause they all said so and i', like the greatest geneus in the worls...

Meh.

On second thought, I'll stick with the "I fart in your general direction!" approach.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I always find the people who, if you disagree with them, always refuse to post anything further in the way of debate but just post 'straw man' time after time. Even when the disagreer ( is that a word?) made nothing like a straw man attack. This could be a more refined version of the 'You are all morons because you don't agree' camp.

Personally I just point at my name and say 'I'm an idiot, you expected something sane?'

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
There's one forum dedicated to Rush (the band, that is) that I only go near to scope out the band pics thread. I've heard it told that the place is the online equivilent of a biker bar, but I think biker bars are proabaly much more civilized than that board is...