PDA

View Full Version : High School Baseball Schedule

MsK
09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
My son has played basketball and football, but not much baseball, and I'm looking for some basic info. on a typical baseball practice and game schedule for a high school baseball player.
Here's what I'm looking for- I will use football as an example.
The team comes together mid-Summer for intense practice, games begin at the beginning of the school year and run through Nov./ Dec.) there is after school practice every day during the season and weight training throughout the rest of the year. Practices consist of running plays, running, watching films, football related exercises. After school practices begin again in the Spring and practice continues through the first several weeks of summer vacation.

Here's some of my questions: (About baseball)
When does the game season begin and end?
Are there Summer practices? Winter Practices?
What type of training is done during the off season?
What do they do during practices? Is there a name for some of the exercises?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

comradebunny
10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I can answer a few questions for you. High school baseball runs during the spring season. Practices usually begin shortly after winter sports end. During the summer, there are a variety of ways that players can participate. For example, my father has been managing the local VFW baseball teams since I was in elementary school (I teach high school now). The American Legion also has a team. I know that which team you can join is based on ages. I don't know the ages off hand. There are also many other organizations that provided summer baseball opportunities. I believe there is a Babe Ruth League. I know there are more, but I can't name any.

My brother played baseball and I remember him talking about practice. Some of the things they do include catching and throwing the ball, batting practice, and running.

I know this is not a lot, but it's what I have to offer. My father and brother love baseball. I don't.