I wrote! I wrote! I wrote!

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Ever since vacation, I had been having a dry spell, having problems getting past a couple of thingies in my WIP. I tried brainstorming (I even run one of the regular brainstorming thingies at Forward Motion at www.fmwriters.com), but I still could only eke out a few paragraphs.

Then, Saturday night, I lay me down to sleep while watching reruns of CSI Peoria or something like that, and I guess I started to think of naughty things, but I imagined a particular character waking up tied hand and foot with a ball gag in his mouth. And the situation would get worse from there. So I turned my light on again, and I got out my AlphaSmart and started getting the idea down. I ended up writing a good portion of the opening scene. :D

:e2bouncey

Now I just have to work on a few specifics, like why did the guy do this to my hero, who my hero's current boyfriend is, and what the hero does after he gets himself out of this dangerous situation. Also, stuff like how he grows from the experience, yada yada yada. But at least I got started! :D

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Always nice when the drought ends. (Looking forward to it m'self)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderful, Anne! So happy for you and know you'll write lots! (((((((HUGS))))))!

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well there must be something in that Greek coffee I had earlier that evening... :D Anyway, I did figure out a good conclusion for the current predicament. But then I decided this might not be the actual beginning, so I tried writing several beginnings while in Borders and pretty much rejecting them all until I got an idea in the parking lot.

If I had known about the crash on the Beltway, and the lumber all over the road, I would have stayed in the parking lot and written more. :rolleyes: I need me an OnStar or something.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:

Now just keep going

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I ended up adding a new beginning to the story. So now it starts with Moonstone dropping a wine skin off a mezzanine onto the head of the future king, Prince Blackwood. (SPLAT!) Blackwood chases him down the corridor, and is able to catch him, but Moonstone doesn't exactly want to run away. And so a relationship is born. This is not a method of courtship I would recommend to anyone else. ;)

"Luckily" (almost typed lickily!), I was in the waiting room of a doctor today, with the emphasis on waiting. So I had lots of opportunity to add this part (except the actual fondling and what-not because I didn't feel like writing that in the waiting room), so I'm ahead...

JustJess

Registered
Reaction score
Your excitement in contagious-keep it up!