Raggedy Ann question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Is Raggedy Ann still around? I mean, do kids today know who she is? Or are her and Andy history?

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
YES! YES! YES!

Sorry Wordwise . . . I tend to have fond memories of RA and Andy. Target sells a house wares line every fall and Christmas, many fabric stores carry fabric with the prints (I just made a few baby quilts from the variety of RA and Andy prints I bought), coloring books, toys, etc.

And, fabric stores still sell the same pattern my mom used to make me my RA doll. She made that 28 (almost 29) years ago, and I find it humorous that the pattern hasn't changed over the years. It still gives the same instructions for sewing in the yarn hair. For the record, my RA doll looks 28 years old--you can even see where mom had to give her "surgery" because one of my siblings de-headed her, where I tried to cut her hair, where the dog chewed her . . . So I guess the point is, yes. RA and Andy are still around.

Most of my friends have kids, and they all know the RA and Andy story (long before I tell them). I tend to know very little about small children—ask anyone who knows me and they can tell you some good ones about my stupidity there—but the RA and Andy line has never died. My quasi nieces and nephews even know what they are supposed to look like. They always tell me that my doll with multi-colored orange hair is "weird." Hey, my mom didn't have red yarn when she made the original, and when she made me a second one when I graduated college (because I carried RA on my first day of school and she said I should finish school with her--just one in better condition) she kept the same crazy hair scheme.

A.

wurdwise

Banned
Reaction score
Cool! Have you ever thought of being a spokesperson for them? :D (i'm joking, it was just so easy to feel the positive energy you felt about them.) :snoopy:

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
Thanks.

Funny that you posted this thread . . . I'm working on a piece about RA and Andy now. It's a childhood memory thing that I thought my mom might like for Mother's Day (my mom really hates my fiction because she says it's dreary, full of cussing, booze, and sex and not what she thinks I am), and I might submit it somewhere. This thread made the juices flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.