View Full Version : Another word for...

09-29-2008, 04:26 AM
x-ray, films??? Any other suggestions?


09-29-2008, 04:41 AM
If you mean the item that is placed in the receptacle to receive the x-ray image - plates is frequently used. Or are you looking for other forms of imaging like CT scans, MRI's, etc. Puma

09-29-2008, 04:44 AM
No, the actual film that the doctor looks at on the light box.

09-29-2008, 04:46 AM
It's all digital now, but either way, it's film or x-ray film.

09-29-2008, 05:01 AM
You can say emulsion. Dentists usually call it film because it looks like film. Doctors often call them plates because they look like big plates.

09-29-2008, 05:16 AM

09-30-2008, 12:52 AM
They are all called Image Receptors but different methods were used for hard or soft x-rays.

At first only photographic plates were used to produce radiographic images but got replaced by film. Plates are only in museums now.

But x-rays are shot to Intensifying Screens prior to being tranferred into film.

You probably want to use Intensifying Screens in your text but you can google for more explanation.

Film is still used for some x-rays and old medical facilities but digital Radiography has replaced all but some soft x-ray procedures.