PDA

View Full Version : Questions before I send my full...

jannawrites
09-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi, all.

I got a full request, and the publisher said in their letter, "If you would like to submit [your manuscript] to us on speculation, we would be glad to consider it."

What does "on speculation" mean in this context?

Also, they said of the synopsis, it should be "2-3 pages describing the plot and the main characters of your manuscript."

My synopsis accompanied my initial submission, and it was the kind they've asked for. Do I send the same one? They didn't say the one they already saw didn't meet these needs, so are they just covering their bases, so I don't neglect to send the synopsis this go round?

Any help you can offer is muy appreciated. Thanks! :)

ChaosTitan
09-28-2008, 12:24 AM
"on speculation" is probably their way of saying they will take a look at your novel, but aren't promising anything. Which is kind of implicit in most full requests, so putting that in there is a tad redundant.

And as long as the synopsis you have meets their requirements, go ahead and send the same one with the full.

mysterygrl
09-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Ditto Chaos.

I once sent a query to an agent whose guidelines stated that I include a synopsis. When she requested a partial from me, she asked that I include a synopsis. I sent the same one (and she later requested the full ms). I figured that it was easier for this agent to have the synopsis with the partial, instead of digging out my initial query letter that contained the synopsis.

jannawrites
09-30-2008, 04:55 AM
Thanks, you two. I got it packaged and sent it out today. :)