Questions before I send my full...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I got a full request, and the publisher said in their letter, "If you would like to submit [your manuscript] to us on speculation, we would be glad to consider it."

What does "on speculation" mean in this context?

Also, they said of the synopsis, it should be "2-3 pages describing the plot and the main characters of your manuscript."

My synopsis accompanied my initial submission, and it was the kind they've asked for. Do I send the same one? They didn't say the one they already saw didn't meet these needs, so are they just covering their bases, so I don't neglect to send the synopsis this go round?

Any help you can offer is muy appreciated. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
"on speculation" is probably their way of saying they will take a look at your novel, but aren't promising anything. Which is kind of implicit in most full requests, so putting that in there is a tad redundant.

And as long as the synopsis you have meets their requirements, go ahead and send the same one with the full.

mysterygrl

Registered
Reaction score
Ditto Chaos.

I once sent a query to an agent whose guidelines stated that I include a synopsis. When she requested a partial from me, she asked that I include a synopsis. I sent the same one (and she later requested the full ms). I figured that it was easier for this agent to have the synopsis with the partial, instead of digging out my initial query letter that contained the synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.