PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiches!

JLCwrites
09-26-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm in the mood for some yummy stuff between two slices of tangy sourdough. Sandwiches for dinner!

What do you like between your slices?

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Roast Beef sliced and served with a smear of Cream Cheese and Avacado. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But I prefer on a french roll.

God that sounds good. God why did I get braces? Why oh why oh why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

sunna
09-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Funny, that's what I just had for dinner. I had this big plan of making roasted fingerling potatoes and sauteed asparagus, and somehow that turned into stone ground mustard, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach and avocado with havarti on wheat.

Yum.

stormie
09-26-2008, 03:34 AM
Ohh, yum, Jennifer--roast beef with cream cheese. I never tried roast beef with that as a dressing. Usually it's horseradish or lots of salted butter. But that sounds good!

joyce
09-26-2008, 03:38 AM
I like everything that makes a cuban between my two slices of bread.

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Ohh, yum, Jennifer--roast beef with cream cheese. I never tried roast beef with that as a dressing. Usually it's horseradish or lots of salted butter. But that sounds good!

Don't forget the 'cado! You won't regret it!

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 03:41 AM

And once a year, a nice hott cornbeef on rye, with horsie sauce and mustard!

Gawd it's torture!!!!!

GLAZE_by_KyrstinMc
09-26-2008, 03:47 AM
I actually like Grilled Cheese with ketchup best. xP

MsK
09-26-2008, 03:50 AM
Tuna Salad with Avocado on whole grain bread.

Bubastes
09-26-2008, 04:46 AM
My favorite sandwich ever: pastrami, cole slaw, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing on rye.

BenPanced
09-26-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm in the mood for some yummy stuff between two slices of tangy sourdough. Sandwiches for dinner!

What do you like between your slices?
Well, there goes the PG-13 rating we've been valiantly trying to maintain...

I like everything that makes a cuban between my two slices of bread.
Gah! I had to go to the credit union during lunch today and when I got back to work, there was no time to wait for a cuban in the cafeteria! :cry:

All of my favorite sandwiches involve yellow mustard, Swiss cheese, and rye bread. The choice of meat varies, but it's usually pastrami, corned beef, or smoked turkey. Gimme that with a Dr. Brown's cream soda and some potato salad, and I've got lunch!

vixey
09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
A real, vine ripe tomato! Some kosher salt and a smathering of Duke's mayo. Yum! Oh, and it has to be whole wheat bread.

I'm from the South y'all!

C.bronco
09-26-2008, 06:39 AM
I made Cuban Sandwiches two weeks ago.

YUM.

C.bronco
09-26-2008, 06:42 AM
The Jersey version of a sloppy joe:
Three pieces of rye layered with roast beef, cole slaw, Russian dressing and cheese (Swiss usually).

You can also ge a turkey sloppy joe or a ham sloppy joe.

Ooooh! CJ's Deli in Madison makes the best!

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:59 AM
The Jersey version of a sloppy joe:
Three pieces of rye layered with roast beef, cole slaw, Russian dressing and cheese (Swiss usually).

You can also ge a turkey sloppy joe or a ham sloppy joe.

Ooooh! CJ's Deli in Madison makes the best!
Sounds great but why the third slice???

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 08:00 AM
A real, vine ripe tomato! Some kosher salt and a smathering of Duke's mayo. Yum! Oh, and it has to be whole wheat bread.

I'm from the South y'all!

My nanny made tomato sand's.....on white. The things we grow up with heh? ;)

stormie
09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
My two favorite comfort sandwiches:

PB&J on white bread

Grilled cheese on white (lots of butter in the pan, Velveeta cheese--three slices in between the bread)

It's only 7 AM here but I'm ready for lunch. :)

sunna
09-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Grilled cheese on white (lots of butter in the pan, Velveeta cheese--three slices in between the bread)

Ohhh, that sounds good right now...:)

My comfort cold-and-raining lunch is grilled cheese & tomato on wheat, using sharp cheddar and monterey jack, and a cup of fresh tomato soup.

Sounds much better than this burned coffee I've got in front of me.

Ken
09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
thickly sliced turkey topped with pickles, tomatoes, and mustard. Mmmm :P

BenPanced
09-26-2008, 06:28 PM
With dill pickle slices, the kind you put on hamburgers.

*drools*

C.bronco
09-26-2008, 06:58 PM
The pickle slices are also good on tuna melts.

stormie
09-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Ben, I think that's what I'll have for lunch today. I have a jar of those sliced pickles. Never did have a grilled cheese that way. (One more hour to lunch. One more l-o-n-g hour....)

Shadow_Ferret
09-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Why are you people ruining grilled cheese with mustard and ketsup?

ew. double ew.

Although if you use Miracle Whip instead of butter it gives it a sort of tangy flavor.

JLCwrites
09-26-2008, 07:31 PM
I can't believe more people like mayo over Miracle Whip! Mayo has no flavor... Miracle Whip is sweet and tangy goodness. :)

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Nope, not at all, never, no, don't like MW. Ick.

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Why are you people ruining grilled cheese with mustard and ketsup?

ew. double ew.

Although if you use Miracle Whip instead of butter it gives it a sort of tangy flavor.

I think I could handle MW on a fried egg sandwich....is that gross?

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Ohhh, that sounds good right now...:)

My comfort cold-and-raining lunch is grilled cheese & tomato on wheat, using sharp cheddar and monterey jack, and a cup of fresh tomato soup.

Sounds much better than this burned coffee I've got in front of me.

Who started this madness???? Why are we doing this to ourselves?????????

stuckupmyownera
09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Roast chicken, mayo, lettuce, sliced beetroot and CRISPS! Mmmmmmmmmm.

Or smoked salmon, cream cheese and lots of black pepper.

Oooh, I'm getting hungry.

Shadow_Ferret
09-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I can't believe more people like mayo over Miracle Whip! Mayo has no flavor... Miracle Whip is sweet and tangy goodness. :)
I'm not really keen on Miracle Whip. I don't want my meat sweet and tangy.

I mean, um. Well. That came out wrong.

stormie
09-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Who started this madness???? Why are we doing this to ourselves?????????
Because TL started it all! Let's blame TL :ROFL:(And because I like to eat sandwiches. But here it's still not lunchtime yet. Countdown....)

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Because TL started it all! Let's blame TL :ROFL:(And because I like to eat sandwiches. But here it's still not lunchtime yet. Countdown....)

Um, how can it not be lunch time...isn't it like, NOON?

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Jenn...Broil is a setting on the oven. Turn the oven to broil. Then place the sheet on the top rack. (-; No....Broiling is done in the Broiler....located below my oven. :D
You've got a wierd oven.

jennifer75
09-26-2008, 07:56 PM
No fairsies.

Do what Michael Jackson said. Just eat it....... Wait now. That's not quite right.

hehe.... GAWD IM HUNGRY!

I've got to start eating breakfast. Or more dinner.

TsukiRyoko
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Spinach, turkey, avocado, and just a bit of goat cheese on pita! I might be strange, but that's a good sandwich.

TsukiRyoko
09-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, olives, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, cucumber on whole grain with some melted swiss. Mmmmm for veggies.

Also, chicken salad is always good in my opinion.

stormie
09-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Yep, Jennifer. It's now noontime here. :)
But I decided not to have grilled cheese with pickle slices. I have leftover chicken tenders I made the other night (coat the uncooked chicken in Buffalo Wing sauce, then coat it with seasoned bread crumbs, drizzle more Buffalo Wing sauce over them and bake for 15 min. on 400 degrees F. ) I put a few chicken tenders between Rye bread slathered with mayo. Yum!

Sunkissed27f
09-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Hmmm..............how about microwaved bacon on lightly toasted wheat, with mayo and spicy mustard?

YUMMY!

MsK
09-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Curried chicken salad on whole grain bread.

For the curried chicken salad, take chunks of chicken breast, add mayo (Not MW- sorry TL), curry powder, slivered almonds and Mango Chutney.

Yummy yum yum...

JLCwrites
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Mmmmm..... Curry

*SUN!!!* Hows it going?

Yes... I will humbly take the blame for this thread... although I must say how APPALLED I am that so many of you are eating Turkey! *Sigh*

stormie
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Curried chicken salad on whole grain bread.

For the curried chicken salad, take chunks of chicken breast, add mayo (Not MW- sorry TL), curry powder, slivered almonds and Mango Chutney.

Yummy yum yum...
I love curried chicken salad. My mother used to also add chunks of pineapple and a small box of raisins. Now I do the same thing.

melaniehoo
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I was all over the grilled cheese until you went and put mustard on it. Barf.

stormie
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't! Nope, no mustard for me on grilled cheese. Just tons of butter in the fry pan.
(I scrolled back. No one mentioned putting mustard on grilled cheese. )

JLCwrites
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Its in the poll... because I grew up with mustard in grilled cheese. (Don't knock it till you try it!)

melaniehoo
09-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I do like the two, but independent of each other. Although... I used to eat American cheese and mustard sandwiches as a kid.

stormie
09-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Ooops.... Sorry, TL! Okay, the blame's on you again. :D

JLCwrites
09-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Thats fine. I can be the scapegoat (ahem) I mean scapeturkey. :D

zenwriter
09-28-2008, 01:08 AM
I love to put pulled pork (recipe here: http://www.recipezaar.com/26257) in sandwiches. Not the fastest way to make a sandwich but very, very good.

Kitrianna
10-03-2008, 02:24 AM
NOne of what you have listed. But I have a few good ideas for people considering our roommate and Kthrok like bagel sandwiches for lunch.

Today was a chicken fajita type filling with bacon.

Shredded chicken meat mixed with fried peppers and onions (leftovers from yesterday)
Mozzarella cheese melted over that then three slices fried bacon and some marble cheese to top it all off. Sling it into a toasted everything bagel dressed the way you like
it.

For breakfast take a toasted bagel spread with cream cheese (we do herb and garlic), a scrambled egg, some bacon and cheese.

cooeedownunder
10-04-2008, 03:17 PM
roast beef and gravy

shawkins
10-07-2008, 09:45 PM
There was a deli near where I went to school that made this:

1/2 baguette, split but not sliced in two
1 part sliced roast beef
1 part sliced turkey
top with swiss cheese
sprinkle with bacon bits

nuke it for about a minute

serve with a mixture of 50% thousand island dressing + 50% Duke's mayonnaise for dipping.

Also, if you make one for somebody you have to say "Here you go, my friend" when you hand it to them. It's traditional.

Eskimo1990
10-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Here's one my friend gave me the recipe for. It's REALLY good :)

Fry some meat (any kind, whatever kind you like) in a mixture of melted butter and garlic. Set aside.
Butter the bread and then sprinkle some garlic on it.
Put the cheese (any kind will do) and the garlic fried meat on the bread.
Put in pan and fry to desired darkness.
Serve and enjoy!

katiemac
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Here's one my friend gave me the recipe for. It's REALLY good :)

Fry some meat (any kind, whatever kind you like) in a mixture of melted butter and garlic. Set aside.
Butter the bread and then sprinkle some garlic on it.
Put the cheese (any kind will do) and the garlic fried meat on the bread.
Put in pan and fry to desired darkness.
Serve and enjoy!

We did something similar when we were kids--this was one of my grandmother's treats for us.

Mix together and fry a pound of hamburger and a pound of sausage (or much smaller portions, depending on the size). Melt Velveeta throughout the mixture. Serve on toasted slices of mini (party-sized) rye bread. "Spicy bites." The great thing is they freeze really well and toast up in a couple minutes in the toaster oven. Super easy and you can get a good number of lunches/snacks out of one batch. Just don't overdo it so you don't find yourself with a heart attack. :)