PDA

View Full Version : Crappy day.

Bartholomew
09-26-2008, 02:33 AM
I shall now fill this thread with cartoon-esque cuss words.

@#$% @# @# $@!!#$$!.

...nope. Not that bored. Going to go poke people instead.

Shadow_Ferret
09-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Someone say cartoon swear words?

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/1/13255/16_2007/hoe.jpg

Beach Bunny
09-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Mercury is in retrograde and we're in the days when it is most erratic. Swearing about it won't do any damn good. :tongue

Bartholomew
09-26-2008, 05:23 AM
What do heavy metals have to do with anything?

vixey
09-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Bart - Maybe if you enlighten us as to what we should swear about, we can help. I'm a terrible influence, though. I'll always suggest drowning your sorrows. It's much more fun.

So, forget what I said at first. Asterisk away and pour your favorite poison. I'll join you.

C.bronco
09-26-2008, 05:33 AM
I shall now fill this thread with cartoon-esque cuss words.

@#$% @# @# $@!!#$$!.

...nope. Not that bored. Going to go poke people instead.

I see you've been drinking with Hagar the Horrible again...

Bartholomew
09-26-2008, 05:55 AM
Bart - Maybe if you enlighten us as to what we should swear about, we can help. I'm a terrible influence, though. I'll always suggest drowning your sorrows. It's much more fun.

So, forget what I said at first. Asterisk away and pour your favorite poison. I'll join you.

Got some bad grades in Chemistry and Anatomy. Dropped me down to a C and B, respectively. Gonna have to bust my ass; which means less time to write. Very depressing.

I see you've been drinking with Hagar the Horrible again...

I love that comic!

vixey
09-26-2008, 05:59 AM
You're way out of my league. Chemistry and Anatomy weren't in my history major curriculum! But - there's got to be a bright side, right! Um - just let me think a few posts and I'll come up with something.

New ways to invent cyber cursing???

Bartholomew
09-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Keep trying. X_X

Bravo
09-26-2008, 06:38 AM
why didnt you do well?

vixey
09-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Found a cyber curser for you, Bart! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-030.gif
Short of that, have a beer http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif and try to let it go. You know you got some kick butt work coming up. Start prepping for that tomorrow. (I said I was a bad influence.)

Yeshanu
09-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Let me see: I remember that my chemistry teacher taught us about ethanol. I think you should do some research on ethanol for a bit in order to get better grades in chemistry.

And if you need me to tell you how to study anatomy, you're in worse shape than I thought...

Woodsie
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
:kiss:Here's to a better tomorrow, Bartholamew!

kct webber
09-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Damn I'm glad I didn't have to take chem or anatomy in college. But that... doesn't help at all, does it?

Anyway. Hope you feel better, Bart.

And here: *^%*&^ #*#^%(# @#(%$&$(#!

Bartholomew
09-26-2008, 10:28 AM
why didnt you do well?

It's a memory issue. I can memorize vocab words in my Spanish class like there's no tomorrow. But ask me to differentiate between a tubercle, a tuberocity, and a condyle, and I draw a blank stare. I've been to the open labs, I've sat with the corpses and studied the bones--my brain just isn't keeping the data. I need a new system of organization, or of studying, and I'm just not seeing where to start.

In chemistry--I assumed, since we spent a whole week on stoichiometry, that the test would be mostly over same. Instead, the test had ONE stoichiometry question. Everything else was about "easier" material that we spend about 20 minutes on in class. Net Ionic Equations don't make sense to me, because I already have the WHOLE formula, where I can see everything. The same thing goes for Empirical Equations. The fact that we spent 20 minutes on each item, respectively, made me think that the test wouldn't be weighted on them.

Brother, did my eggs all get broke.

And to make it all sweeter, my once a week lab, taught by the same instructor, had a pop quiz today. Asking about the stuff I didn't know on the test. I got nailed twice for not knowing how to differentiate a net ionic equation and an empirical formula. I didn't have any time to study between the test and the lab, so it really, REALLY wasn't fair.

And, while I'm ranting, I really don't give a flying rat's ass if the guy in the front row wants me to stop asking questions in class. I paid for the class. I have the goddamn intrinsic RIGHT to ask the teacher about practical applications, clarification, or help understanding a problem--ESPECIALLY when she pauses and says, "Any questions?"

Oh. And when I got home, I realized I'd misread the due date on the latest Online homework. AM instead of PM. I only missed two problems. Thats only two points, and it won't hurt my homework grade at all. (It's otherwise perfect, and is keeping me at either a low B or a high C) - but it felt like a rotten cherry on top of a white colored swirl of poo.

DamaNegra
09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
It's a memory issue. I can memorize vocab words in my Spanish class like there's no tomorrow.

Sure you can :)

Just kidding. Here, have a beer on me too. Who knows, maybe we'll get you so drunk you'll forget your chemistry and anatomy classes. And your name. And your address. And where you are. Yeah, we can do that. Sounds like a plan.

Beach Bunny
09-26-2008, 11:12 PM
It's a memory issue. I can memorize vocab words in my Spanish class like there's no tomorrow. But ask me to differentiate between a tubercle, a tuberocity, and a condyle, and I draw a blank stare. I've been to the open labs, I've sat with the corpses and studied the bones--my brain just isn't keeping the data. I need a new system of organization, or of studying, and I'm just not seeing where to start.

People have a preferred way of intaking data into their memory so that it will stick. For example, if you present the same information to me in a lecture, a picture, a paragraph, an audio recording, or a video recording, then I will remember the lecture better than the other formats. I'm even better if you show me how to do something and then I do it. I remember martial arts katas that I learned fifteen years ago, but haven't practiced in the meantime. (I have degrees in Zoology and Environmental Engineering) ...

I used to work for a Neonatologist. She was a brilliant woman. I would bring her graphs of her research data, hand them to her and leave. Before I got out the door, she would say, "Wait a minute! Come back here and explain this to me." While it was perfectly clear to me what the graphs showed, she needed a verbal explanation of any graphs and charts she looked at it.

Based on what you have said, I would guess that your preferred way of intaking information is words. So, translate what you are seeing in the labs into words, not pictures, and it should help you retain the information. :)

And do the same thing with the chemistry, if you can.

As for the butthead in the front row, he is floundering in Spanish class. ;)

ETA: I hope that made sense.

Bartholomew
09-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Sure you can :)

Just kidding. Here, have a beer on me too. Who knows, maybe we'll get you so drunk you'll forget your chemistry and anatomy classes. And your name. And your address. And where you are. Yeah, we can do that. Sounds like a plan.

YOU are the reason I keep postponing my trip to Mexico.

Eres maldita.