PDA

View Full Version : I have a rare brain disease

maestrowork
09-25-2008, 05:29 AM
I have Randomlyputstuffinthefreezeritis.

I just opened the freezer and found the carton of orange juice in it. WTF? Did I do that? I must have. Why? I don't know.

The other day I found a bowl of salad in the freezer. I didn't remember putting it there. And trust me, salad ice cream wasn't that great.

C.bronco
09-25-2008, 05:33 AM
Sigh. It is called "Being Male." I don't know any cures, save visiting Sweden.

sunna
09-25-2008, 05:35 AM
Me mum used to leave books, dirty dishes, and occasionally her glasses in the freezer. We used to take bets on what it would be next.

She always said it was freezergnomes. It's possible you have an infestation.

JoNightshade
09-25-2008, 05:56 AM
I do that too.

My larger problem, however, is zoning out in checkout lines. I start watching people in other lines and get absorbed in their little personal dramas (elderly woman has issue with the 4 packs of hash browns she's just bought; scary guy with skull-and-crossbones black handkerchief tied around leg is actually concealing prosthetic, etc.) and suddenly someone is saying "Hello? Ma'am? Ma'am?" And I look up and there's nobody in front of me and the dude behind the register has already rung up everything in my basket.

Shadow_Ferret
09-25-2008, 06:03 AM
That's really weird, Ray.

And believe me, if I think it's weird, it's weird.

Clair Dickson
09-25-2008, 06:14 AM
I don't do that, but I've had problems with putting the cupboard stuff (like cereal) into the fridge while putting the fridge stuff (like the milk) into the cupboard. Usually when I get to the second item, something seems 'off', my brain returns from wherever it skittered off to, and I correct the problem.

I think it's a focus thing-- as in I'm on autopilot and totally thinking about something else.

willfulone
09-25-2008, 06:18 AM
I know you are not related to my son. So, I am going with the "its a male" thing here on this. My son, without fail, if he cannot find something (remote, phone, gaming controller) has put it in the freezer. I have found many things in freezer that do not belong there - do not even belong in kitchen. Funny thing is, it is not like he is getting ice cubes or ice cream out of the freezer when he puts his "treasures" there for "safe keeping". He just goes and looks in freezer when he goes in kitchen as a habit.

You boys are odd ducks.

Says the odd old bird.

Chumplet
09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
You're this close to sticky note time, Ray. Keep it up and you'll be playing Scrabble with the other old guys in the nursing home.

C.bronco
09-25-2008, 06:39 AM
You let me know if I should send your peek at page 6. It's mega-top-super-secret, however.

I hope your brain improves. Apparently, KTC is having problems with his bowels. It must be flu season again.

benbradley
09-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Me mum used to leave books, dirty dishes, and occasionally her glasses in the freezer.
You mean like eyeglasses or drinking glasses? Mugs in the freezer are excellent for drinking cold beer out of. (woops a posteriorized preposition)

But I don't know if that's still true, it's been a long time since I've had a beer.

I hope your brain improves. Apparently, KTC is having problems with his bowels. It must be flu season again.
Between the cognitive and digestive problems, I suppose all our brains are full of ...

LaurieD
09-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Ray, you're not alone - I found the peanut butter in the freezer last week.

Appalachian Writer
09-25-2008, 07:19 AM
My daughter's pregnant. She keeps putting the mixer in the frig and the ice cream in the cupboard. I'm not sure this stuff is strickly a 'male' thing. Maybe your hormones are in flux. It's a scientific fact that the male of the species endures a hormonal cycle every 57 days, the equivalent to the female menstrual cycle . Start timing these things and see if they're 57 days apart. Just saying.

maxmordon
09-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Don't scared me like that, Maestro. I was quite worry for a moment thinking it was true :(

rugcat
09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
I've put my keys in the freezer while unpacking groceries. Freezers attract objects -- they're frigid black holes.

Stlight
09-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I think it goes back to when we were kids and were forbidden to ever open the freezer because you will let all the cold out and everything will spoil and we'll eat it and die and it will be your fault. So when you want to be sure to save something you put it in the freezer.

Stlight

Pagey's_Girl
09-25-2008, 04:28 PM
....And trust me, salad ice cream wasn't that great.

Although I'm sure it's better than what's being vetted in the "Son Of Ewww" thread.

I haven't graduated to the freezer yet, but I've mastered the art of "Puttin' Stuff In The Fridge That Ain't S'posedta Be In There." (Like the cheese grater last week. But give me points for not putting the Pepper Jack in the dishpan.) I've also mastered the fine arts of "Where The %^$! Did I Park My Car?!", "Where's That Coffee Cup I Had In My Hand When The Phone Rang?" and the ever-popular "Didn't I Put Eggs On To Boil - Forty-Five Minutes Ago?" (Yeah, they were done. Way done.)

I sometimes think my pediatrician was right about me having ADD.

sunna
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
You mean like eyeglasses or drinking glasses? Mugs in the freezer are excellent for drinking cold beer out of. (woops a posteriorized preposition).

Eyeglasses. She was notorious for losing them, and for just thinking she had lost them when all she'd done was push them up into her hair. Or for leaving them on the dash, driving with all the windows open, and having them fly out into the road when she took a turn without braking. I think she ordered her glasses in bulk.

I put shot glasses in the freezer myself. I'll have to try putting a beer stein in and see how the ole husband likes that. :)

My desk is my black hole. I found five chestnuts and a serving spoon in one of the drawers the other day, and thus far I cannot come up with any set of circumstances that would have gotten those things in there.

Forbidden Snowflake
09-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Try leaving the milk in the cupboard. Honey, that ain't pretty.

Try leaving it there and then drink it.

Happened to me.

I've mastered the art of putting stuffs wherever it doesn't belong perfectly. A book into the pile of dirty clothes, the keys into the fridge, the icecream to the dog food.

Brutal Mustang
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I know you are not related to my son. So, I am going with the "its a male" thing here on this.

Nah, nah. It's not a male thing. It's a "I'm not in the present right now" thing, common among writers, artists, and scientific geniuses (like Albert Einstein). I do it all the time: dry cat food in the fridge, milk in the freezer, and cows in the wrong paddock.

Heck, you know what I did the other day? My horse pooped while I was getting ready to ride, and instead of putting that steamy pile into the manure barrel were it belonged, I dumped it into my plastic container full of grooming tools, fly spray, shampoos and conditioners.:eek:

Now I'll be scrubbing digested alfalfa from those items for weeks.:Headbang:

Mr Flibble
09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
I suffer from 'putthingsinstupidplaces', for instance getting the cereal out of the cupboard, making breakfast and then putting the milk in the cupboard. Me and KTC. Hmm.. evil twins?

My MIL suffers from the freezer thing - we found a torch in there once :)

jannawrites
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I do that, too, Ray, but my excuses have been pregnancy and mommy-brain.

:Huh:

But for you? Somehow I suspect those things don't apply.

:D

Mela
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
I just emailed this thread to my husband at work. That's me, guys, totally me.

My problem is, I set something down during a project and then 2 minutes later I'm tearing my hair out: where the $@#@#$ is that thing? I just had it in my hands!!
I've placed non-fridge objects in the fridge; vice versa in the cabinets. My excuse is: I have so many hugely important things on my mind CONSTANTLY that I just zone out.

Nobody in my house buys that, though.

maestrowork
09-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I once was talking to my mom on the phone and I kept getting distracted and I kept looking and looking and flipping things over and finally she said, "What are you doing? You're so distracted!" I said, "I can't find my cell phone. I knew I put it down somewhere." To that my mom said, "Aren't you talking on the cell phone right now?"

Duh.

CaroGirl
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm always looking for the sunglasses that are always on the top of my head.

Pagey's_Girl
09-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I once was talking to my mom on the phone and I kept getting distracted and I kept looking and looking and flipping things over and finally she said, "What are you doing? You're so distracted!" I said, "I can't find my cell phone. I knew I put it down somewhere." To that my mom said, "Aren't you talking on the cell phone right now?"

Duh.

That sounds like me. I swear, some days I should be forced to wear a sandwich board reading: WARNING - EASILY DISTRACTED BY BRIGHT SHINY OBJECTS.

mscelina
09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I just can't find it in me to laugh. I 'misplaced' my laptop last week. (it was on my desk in the study--go figure)