A Raised Glass to Madness

GLAZE_by_KyrstinMc

Registered
Reaction score
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."
Alice didn't think that proved it at all: however she went on. "And how do you know that you're mad?"
"To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
"I suppose so," said Alice
"Well, then, " the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

^An all-time favorite conversation of mine.^

Although that doesn't exactly relate to this thread, my question to you is what is the maddest, most disturbing thing you've ever seen?

Can be a TV show, movie, or even a book. Preferably a TV show or movie given the section this thread is in.

By disturbing I don't mean just hack-n-slash gore, but a deeper meaning behind it that creeps you out!

Mine would probably be Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (means When the Cicada's Cry in Japanese), a show about cute students from Japan who all go crazy and murder each other-- it is a wonderful show though!

TrickyFiction

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
The film "Event Horizon" disturbed me and everyone who saw it with me quite a bit. I know others who have said it wasn't even scary, which blows my mind. Of course, it didn't help that we were expecting a Star Trek-ish sort of SciFi film, at the time. But what made the film truly horrific to me was that I had terrifying nightmares about it long before I ever saw it.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Goody!

What's the premise?

If I remember correctly... a salvage space vessel is sent to retrieve an experimental ship testing "faster-than-light" that had disappeared years before.

Where the ship went and what it brought back is part of the fun, so I'll spare those details. I actually think it's one of the most underrated horror movies I've ever seen. The fact that it's directed by a dude with such credits as Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil to his name doesn't help its reputation, but how can a movie with Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil possibly be bad?

TrickyFiction

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I actually think it's one of the most underrated horror movies I've ever seen. The fact that it's directed by a dude with such credits as Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil to his name doesn't help its reputation, but how can a movie with Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil possibly be bad?

Yeah, it got two thumbs down and all that jazz. Lots of bad reviews. I think a lot of people were expecting your usual SciFi type movie because of the way it was initially advertised. In truth, it's Horror... very Horror.

And thanks for not spoiling it in your run down of the plot. A lot of people do, which is why I was glad to have seen it before most people got the chance to chatter about it.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
The Fantastic Voyage struck me as strange. It's about a tiny submarine and its crew that enters a man's bloodstream to save him or something. Excellent action flick, but cooky as they come.