It was my birthday, and ...

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
It was my 57th birthday on Friday and feeling bad about myself, I got up, but I was in a different place than usual. The day was blissful. I was with my son and his girlfriend in Amsterdam. We went to the Van Gogh Museum, and then for a boat trip along the canals, and finished the evening with a steak dinner.

What is wrong with that you might ask; well I was not given a Happy Birthday thread from my friends at Absolute Write and I wanted to show my son that I had some friends. I looked at AW when I woke up and after I had received my digital camera, and of course Susie had sent me a happy birthday private mail, and so had AW themselves. I looked again before I left for the Museum, but still no birthday thread. Finally I looked again before I went to bed and not one of you had wished me a happy birthday! I know I am 57 but I still deserve to be treated like a spoilt brat on my birthday.

Now I am back at home and wishing I was still in Amsterdam, but where is my birthday thread?

Luv Barbara

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy belated, Barbara!!!

close-up-two-glasses_~57637812.jpg

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Cheers!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I think whoever used to do the birthday threads is on holidays--mine was late, and a couple of other people got missed too. We feel your pain, Barbara. Here's some cake to make up for it:

BlackForestCake.jpg

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy belated birthday, Barbara! :partyguy:

There is nothing wrong with being 57. Why, we're supposed to be at our sexual peak in our fifties. Fifty and fabulous!

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Just scoffing the cake and digging into the champage! Thanks folks! Come to my party and you will not get left out. Drinks for everyone and that's a promise!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even with experience, sometimes hand-cranked ice cream turns out to be soup. I could hardly offer you a few gallons of birthday soup, so I tried again another day.

Happy Birthday! It came out great this time. I hope stirring in broken bits of Oreos was all right...

Maryn, glad you had a lovely day

P.S. Psst! Barbara's son! Yeah, you. Listen, she's got oodles of friends here. We didn't see you hand-cranking ice cream, did we? [wink] Thanks for showing her a good time on her special day.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Wow, you got a birthday wish from AW.....I'm so jealous! I only got the private message from Susie on my B-day and nothing else.
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:
Happy belated birthday.

Bo Sullivan

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Thanks Turkey! Really appreciate it. Care for some Champagne and Cake? I can show you my Van Gogh book as well. Step inside my humble abode.

Are the rest of you still here? Don't go walking out the door without me knowing!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you got a birthday wish from AW.....I'm so jealous! I only got the private message from Susie on my B-day and nothing else.

Are you sure? If you have your birthday listed in your profile and you have an email address on file (under Profile or Edit profile/password or something) along with it checked off that you want to receive messages from AW, then you should have received a happy birthday from AW. I got one.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Are you sure? If you have your birthday listed in your profile and you have an email address on file (under Profile or Edit profile/password or something) along with it checked off that you want to receive messages from AW, then you should have received a happy birthday from AW. I got one.

I checked and it looks like everything is fine. My birthday is listed and it's checked off that it's ok to show it. I figured I was on the AW ignore list or nobody loved me.:Shrug:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I checked and it looks like everything is fine. My birthday is listed and it's checked off that it's ok to show it. I figured I was on the AW ignore list or nobody loved me.:Shrug:

We love you, Joyce. Here's some cake for you, too. (Nobody can have enough cake, and why am I suddenly craving chocolate?)

funny-pictures-cat-wonders-why-the-.jpg

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a great day! Looks like you'll have your fill of cake today too! Happy Belated Birthday!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it's late. happy birthday

9c7ac6d1.jpg

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered