short story markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhiannonKelley

Registered
Reaction score
Oops. sorry, I thought the request qas for erotica, let me look in my bookmark.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Unfortunately Arabella Magazine folded. There's Woman's World which comes in at about 1,100 words for a short romance. Their web site has the guidelines. (I think it's womansworld.com) There's also, of course, the Trues. I don't have the link; you'll have to do a search on that. Then there's Short Stuff for Grownups magazine. They use romance. There's no link to that, but go to ralan.com and look up "paying markets" and go to the "S." They're listed there. None of those use erotica. (Oops, don't know about the Trues. Anybody?)

Good luck!

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
There are actually several, veinglory! I write the markets column for my FF&P chapter, and I scour the web and magazines all the time for such info. Here are a few that are looking for short stuff:

Shades of Romance. All genres are considered includin inspirational, historical, contemporary, paranormal, mystery, Regency, futuristic and time time travel. No erotica. They're closed for submissions for 2005, but are accepting for 2006 publication. Queries to LaShaunda Hoffman, Editor, [email protected] Subject line should include the words "Query: (subject)". Response time: 2-4 weeks. Payment by PayPal within 30 days of pub, as follows; Short stories: $25; poetry - $5. Accepts reprints after 6 months from prior pub. at rate of $10.

Black Secrets is a monthly magazine by Dorchester Media. They're accepting short fiction with romantic themes for African-American women. Pays $100/story on publiciation, but CONTRACTS ARE FOR ALL RIGHTS, so be careful! Query first to Dorchester Media. Guidelines at: http://www.dorchestermedia.com

There are also a lot of anthologies that come and go quickly. You might want to check out "Ralan's Webstravaganza". They have a lot of listings and update daily. Try: http://www.ralan.com and check both "paying markets" and "anthologies".

There are some others, too and I'll try to find them for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.