• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Scifi with a murder-mystery theme needs lots of work - can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabo10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could be the one to help me? I have a manuscript and have slowly been working through the grammar errors in it. There are many of them because, although I'm a native speaker of English, I rarely speak it at work. I swear I used to be pretty good!

Anyway, I'm working on the grammar, but what I really need is someone who can help with the plot. I've posted my work here a couple of times, and the main issue is that it's just not exciting. I've read my opening chapter so often I've no idea how to sink more energy and excitement into it.

What I'm looking for is someone who can make suggestions as to how to do this and to catch any errors that still crop up.

Basic plot? The novel takes place on a hyper-religious ex-colony of Earth and they are now at war with each other. A military captain is murdered and a note is left behind using a language now only spoken on Earth. My MC is assigned to the case alongside a telepath.

Thanks if you can help,
KP.

Natascha

Registered
Reaction score
Huhu

Hello,

I am very interested in SciFi and I am usually a rich source of ideas. I am not good in any sort of grammar. How long is your story? Would you read mine in return? It has been already proof read. It's just to see if the plot works.

Natascha

Status
Not open for further replies.