• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta looking for book!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerraDawn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
terrabehindthebooks.blogspot.com
I know this seems backwards, but think about it!! You know more about your book than I do, so you should know if I want to read it (based on certain knowledge of myself...that is).

I read primarily YA, but am also interested in mainstream fiction (dark and light), historical fiction, mystery/thriller, romance (as long as it is not cookie-cutter), humor, and horror. I love many of the other genres as well, but just prefer to read those when I come across them in the bookstore.

With all of those genres....you will have my heart with YA. I have been a bookseller for almost five years (running the kid's sections) and an avid reader since age 5-ish.

When I critique, I love to tell you what I absolutely adore as well as what I am not-so-much a fan of. I usually focus more on plot, character, locations....but if I find a comma missing, I'll let you know. Above all, though...I am a nice person. I will be honest in my critique, but I won't come atcha' with guns blazing and I certainly won't knock you off of your high horse (we writers need those to get around!!). If I invest time in your work, I want it to succeed as well!

So, if you need a good Beta reader and we seem to be a good match, just let me know! Send me a message with a rough idea of the genre and maybe a small idea (without giving away any of the surprises!!) of your plot line. (Good practice for your book's synopsis?) :)

You may wonder the reason I am going backwards with the Beta thing. I am currently writing my own YA novel, but need something to break up the constant writing. I absolutely love editing other people's work (sick, I know). So, that is where all of this come's from.

That said, I look forward to hearing and working with you (whoever YOU may be)!

Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.