Carrot chips.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
This is likely something no one will know about but I figured I'd ask. Has anyone ever eaten carrot chips? They're just like potato chips but, well, carrot flavored. I used to eat them as a kid but haven't seen them in years. For all the Googling I've done, I've only come across one site in the US that seemed to sell them and it's some salad topping site.

Does anyone know any chain stores that might sell them?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Publix carries them in their organic produce section. Also, Whole Foods probably carries them (but I'm not sure).

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Damnit. I live in north Georgia now. There isn't a Publix anywhere near by. They're every five feet back in central Florida.

Thanks for the advice though. I'll ahve to see if I can track some down.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Several grocery stores in my area--a long way from Georgia--have sections for organic, health-nut, 'green' and other whole-earth type food products. A lot of them are pretty good, although they tend to be seriously overpriced.

Anyway, check the largest grocery stores in your area, and make a visit to all the hippie-vegan-organic type stores around. I'd be amazed if you don't see carrot chips or carrot sticks.

BTW, Amazon sells them, a box of 12 small packages, if all else fails.

Maryn, who's had these a few times

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't think I've ever stepped foot near an organic or "green" food store or even a section of store. I'll have to try that.

I do remember them being expensive even as a kid though. I just want to have them again.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
heh heh. I never looked at it that way.