PDA

View Full Version : Something Old. Something new, something borrowed, something blue, something ducttaped

Shadow_Ferret
09-17-2008, 10:53 PM
I've heard some strange wedding tales, but this one...

Duct Tape, Wooden Swords, Knife Throwing (http://www.rivertowns.net/daily/nrn/c080916/#s080916a)

Pagey's_Girl
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
You'd think they'd save the kinky stuff for the honeymoon. Yeesh....

Shadow_Ferret
09-17-2008, 11:18 PM
The strangest part of the story -- and maybe since it's a wedding it just goes without saying -- no where was it mentioned that "alcohol use suspected."

I mean, how else to you explain someone wanting to 1) Whack a guy with a wooden sword because he looks like a pinnata? and 2) Then run and get kitchen knives and throw them at another human being, embedding them in their chest?

regdog
09-18-2008, 12:49 AM
You just know that is going to end up on the Country Music Network's
Redneck Weddings Show

Yeshanu
09-18-2008, 10:08 AM
The strangest part of the story -- and maybe since it's a wedding it just goes without saying -- no where was it mentioned that "alcohol use suspected."

I mean, how else to you explain someone wanting to 1) Whack a guy with a wooden sword because he looks like a pinnata? and 2) Then run and get kitchen knives and throw them at another human being, embedding them in their chest?

Drugs, maybe?

But you forgot something, SF: How else would you explain wrapping a guy in duct tape at a wedding to begin with?

Pagey's_Girl
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
But you forgot something, SF: How else would you explain wrapping a guy in duct tape at a wedding to begin with?

It proabaly had something to do with the phrase "DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!"

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Drugs, maybe?

Well, that part was done by the 17-year-old's buddies. As a prank. That part I get. Teens will be teens.

The 41-year-old groom going insane and wanting to actually beat him with a stick and then finally throwing a knife at him... that part has me totally befuzzled.

Fenika
09-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Well, the article wasn't exactly well written, so I wouldn't discount drugs or alcohol.

I hope my sister's wedding is less eventful...

Shadow_Ferret
09-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, the article wasn't exactly well written, so I wouldn't discount drugs or alcohol.

I hope my sister's wedding is less eventful...
No, none of the one's I looked at online were well written. I originally heard it on the radio and they gave a much better telling of it.

Mela
09-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Never thought of bringing duct tape to a wedding.

Maybe it's a little known marriage ritual, symbolic of ....... (puts thinking cap on)
the eternal bounds of love, the couple, wrapped in their bliss; the knives an expression of ....er..........
an expression of..............
the knives an expression of the stabbing pain of wanting and needing to be together, played out in a dramatic episode that brings to life what we all tend to keep inside.

Pagey's_Girl
09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Never thought of bringing duct tape to a wedding.

Maybe it's a little known marriage ritual, symbolic of ....... (puts thinking cap on)
the eternal bounds of love, the couple, wrapped in their bliss; the knives an expression of ....er..........
an expression of..............
the knives an expression of the stabbing pain of wanting and needing to be together, played out in a dramatic episode that brings to life what we all tend to keep inside.

Or maybe someone should have checked the alcohol content of that hootch they were serving up....:D

Seriously, maybe it's the nonviolent alternative to the shotgun wedding - the duct tape wedding. "If it's a'tryin' to 'scape, and it ain't suppos'ta, use the duct tape!"