Ever hear of Angelfood Ministries?

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thought I'd share this with you guys. We haven't tried it yet, but we're going to next month, I think.

Angelfood Ministries has a whole bunch of locations across the country where you can buy food from them at a greatly reduced rate. There are no restrictions on how much/little money you make, either. It's open to anyone who wants to participate, and you decide on a month-to-month basis.

Their website will let you see where the closest places are to your area, too.

Given that so many of us are um, fund-challenged *meekly raises hand* I figured that we could use some good news about getting through the week with our families' bellies full, at least.

If anyone has tried them out, please let us know what your experience was like. When we try them out, I'll be glad to let y'all know.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
My cousin and his wife used Angelfood Ministries for awhile. They might still, I'm not sure.

She always said that it was a great bargain, the biggest thing being that you just couldn't be too picky.

My mother in law shared some of the food with us once, and some it was hit and miss flavor wise. I hadn't even thought about it recently but we might look into it. It'd make meal planning easier.

roncouch

The Couchmeister
Registered
Reaction score
My neighbors buy food from them. The price is right. Food is good. Only complaint I heard is that some things in the package are things you might not like.