PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaaack!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 04:53 AM
(Hush, Silver King. I heard that 'Oh, were you gone?'!)

A week's vacation to celebrate our 30th Anniversary! Perfect weather - if a little rainy - plenty of time to nap. Plenty of good food, good fun, good friends, time off, rest and relaxation, and all that other stuff ol' married folks do. :)

And I met a new friend... introduced by an old one.

Ol' Boy and I were supposed to spend this anniversary in Ireland - but I was too cowardly to fly that far (which is a tale we'll save for another show). My friend gave us a gift basket filled with all kinds of different coffees, some mugs, some recipes for Irish coffee, some St. Brendan's Irish Cream Liquor, a pound of authentic bangers for Bangers and Mash (which we had on Wednesday)... and a small bottle of Bushmill's Irish Whiskey.

I had never tried Irish whiskey before... I didn't know (and me bein' half-Irish, an' all!)... what a surprise! Very smooth. Kinda sweet, but not too sweet. I almost passed it over, thinking it would be like scotch, but it was nothing like scotch (which I liken to tasting like chewing on a wet oak table).

The bangers and mash were good... but all in all, I'll stick with the Bushmills! :D

It's good to be home!

Fenika
09-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Good to have ya back :)

Silver King
09-15-2008, 05:03 AM
I knew you were back when you moved a thread moments ago just before I had a chance to line up and punt it out of the park. Always stealing my thunder, you are!

Welcome back, and congrats on the longevity Ol' Boy has endured in putting up with you all of these years. You sure chose a winner. ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Didn't I? I swear, man's got the patience of a saint.

And I didn't steal your thunder, you lazy fish! You had all day to move those threads... I was lurkin'.

Rolling Thunder
09-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Uh...you were gone?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Uh...you were gone?

I missed you, too, sweetie!

Susie
09-15-2008, 05:31 AM
:welcome: home, Jen. Happy Anniversary. Here's more :Cake: to keep the celebration going!

Silver King
09-15-2008, 05:32 AM
...You had all day to move those threads...
Oh, but I was busy earlier. First I took in a baseball game. All the while I was thinking, "I wonder if Jen is keeping an eye on things this afternoon?"

Before I had a chance to find out, a football game was in progress that I couldn't miss.

Afterward, I was desperate to log on to AW, but some friends stopped by, and I made a huge batch of fried shrimp and homemade hush puppies, which we washed down with ice-cold beers. We sat around afterward and discussed the upcoming election, had a few more beers, devised ways to save money while grocery shopping, exchanged recipes and parted ways wondering what the heck the future holds for us.

And when I finally did log on, there was Jen, working as if she'd never left for a moment. :)

CACTUSWENDY
09-15-2008, 05:44 AM
````````````````````````````````You were gone? Cool.

Glad you had a great time. It makes it nice to be with someone you enjoy being with.

(Am surprized you enjoyed the booze so much....lol)

ChaosTitan
09-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Jen's home! Jen's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kct webber
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Happy Anniversary, 'Ol Girl! And welcome back! :D

A. Hamilton
09-15-2008, 09:44 AM
30 years is definitely something to celebrate. congrats and welcome back.

Unique
09-15-2008, 02:44 PM
At the tone, the time will be: 6:56 and 6 seconds.

Please make a note of it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Note made. Now what?

What!?

I have to... go back... to work!

AWWWWWW, Crap!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 03:18 PM
(Am surprized you enjoyed the booze so much....lol)

Me, too. I'm not much of a drinker. ;)

Bmwhtly
09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Merry Anniversary, Ma'am!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Ben!

You know what I saw on the streets of Oklahoma City for the first time ever last Thursday?

A Lamborghini!

Shadow_Ferret
09-15-2008, 06:13 PM
A week isn't "gone" by the way. Gone is when people start threads wondering where the hell you've gone.

bluntforcetrauma
09-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Welcome back, OFG from BFT.