I'm baaaaaack!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
(Hush, Silver King. I heard that 'Oh, were you gone?'!)

A week's vacation to celebrate our 30th Anniversary! Perfect weather - if a little rainy - plenty of time to nap. Plenty of good food, good fun, good friends, time off, rest and relaxation, and all that other stuff ol' married folks do. :)

And I met a new friend... introduced by an old one.

Ol' Boy and I were supposed to spend this anniversary in Ireland - but I was too cowardly to fly that far (which is a tale we'll save for another show). My friend gave us a gift basket filled with all kinds of different coffees, some mugs, some recipes for Irish coffee, some St. Brendan's Irish Cream Liquor, a pound of authentic bangers for Bangers and Mash (which we had on Wednesday)... and a small bottle of Bushmill's Irish Whiskey.

I had never tried Irish whiskey before... I didn't know (and me bein' half-Irish, an' all!)... what a surprise! Very smooth. Kinda sweet, but not too sweet. I almost passed it over, thinking it would be like scotch, but it was nothing like scotch (which I liken to tasting like chewing on a wet oak table).

The bangers and mash were good... but all in all, I'll stick with the Bushmills! :D

It's good to be home!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to have ya back :)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I knew you were back when you moved a thread moments ago just before I had a chance to line up and punt it out of the park. Always stealing my thunder, you are!

Welcome back, and congrats on the longevity Ol' Boy has endured in putting up with you all of these years. You sure chose a winner. ;)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: home, Jen. Happy Anniversary. Here's more :Cake: to keep the celebration going!

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...You had all day to move those threads...
Oh, but I was busy earlier. First I took in a baseball game. All the while I was thinking, "I wonder if Jen is keeping an eye on things this afternoon?"

Before I had a chance to find out, a football game was in progress that I couldn't miss.

Afterward, I was desperate to log on to AW, but some friends stopped by, and I made a huge batch of fried shrimp and homemade hush puppies, which we washed down with ice-cold beers. We sat around afterward and discussed the upcoming election, had a few more beers, devised ways to save money while grocery shopping, exchanged recipes and parted ways wondering what the heck the future holds for us.

And when I finally did log on, there was Jen, working as if she'd never left for a moment. :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
````````````````````````````````You were gone? Cool.

Glad you had a great time. It makes it nice to be with someone you enjoy being with.

(Am surprized you enjoyed the booze so much....lol)

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
30 years is definitely something to celebrate. congrats and welcome back.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At the tone, the time will be: 6:56 and 6 seconds.

Please make a note of it.