New BAbies! (More kitties!)

Keyboard Hound

Old kid. Tough skin!!
Registered
Reaction score
We found these three little guys where we work. The mama couldn't or wouldn't feed them. We saw her around, but she was neglecting them.

The first day we heard them crying, but decided to give her a chance to return to them before we interfered. Sadly, by the next day one kitty was dead, and the other three were still crying. Their eyes were in a mess, so we took them home.

We've doctored their eyes and have been feeding them kitty formula for three days. Now all eyes are open, shiny and bright. They wrap their tiny paws around our fingers when feeding time comes and they smack their little mouths so sweet. After we fed them the first time, they slept solid for eight hours. My guess is that they were exhausted from crying. It's so rewarding, working with them. I wish we'd taken them the first day before one died. Everyone should have the experience of raising a baby kitten from scratch. It'll warm the heart.

This is the fourth batch we've raised, the others orphaned for one reason or another. We have two other kitties we bottle fed, and I keep saying we can't handle any more cats.

Here's the babies. They weigh in at 4 onces for one and five ounces each for the other two.

We named the tiniest one Hannibal because he keeps trying to eat the other guys' ears
upeyes.gif

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can we all say AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW cute

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
They are sooo cute! I'm so glad to be reading threads about people saving animals. They look like they are going to have long hair. Bless you.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww here! So tiny!

Keyboard Hound

Old kid. Tough skin!!
Registered
Reaction score
I wanna adopt one of the boy babies....

They are way too cute!

That can be arranged. I'd love to find them a good home. We're cat poor now and absolutely cannot keep all of them.

There's two little boys, one little girl. They are all so precious. And smart. Now they can see a syringe or feel it close to them and they latch on with their little paws. It's fun and touching feeding them.

And they look like they are all going to be long haired, too.