Registered
Reaction score
this new layout is a mess.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
i feel like suing them.

for someone like me, navigating that layout is torture.

Dara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.capriciousquills.com
I have an account and I plan on keeping it, but I'll admit the continual string of unwanted info and old news drives me crazy. Does Facebook really think I want to know every time one of friends takes a quiz or comments on a picture? I'd switch over to Myspace, but all my friends are Facebookers.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I used it exactly as Turkey said, before she deleted her post.

Still, the layout is horrendous. I'm sure they were thinking modularization, but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

scottVee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scott.virtes.com
The mess seems the inevitable result of giving heaps of tools (created by anybody) to "normal" folks with no clue. Funny. There's that thing about monkeys with typewriters eventually creating passages from Shakespeare ... but give humans a zillion tools and they create drool.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I use Facebook. It was a little confusing when I first signed up, but most of those add-ons are optional. If you don't want them, don't use them. I have no trouble navigating things.

jannawrites

no, really
Registered
Reaction score
I'd become comfortable navigating Facebook, too, though I have to tweak things now with the new layout. I'm still happy with the connection it provides, but I'm less and less interested in all the add-ons. And there's a new profile box to "enter something about yourself." How is this different from the status bar? And who wants to read so many snippets about me, anyhow? Pfft.

:)

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
I like the new facebook, it's a lot easier to find things.
I don't know why people don't like it....

selkn.asrai

Rawr.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like it either (but at the same time, it sort of disturbs me that millions of people act like the most devastating thing in the modern world is a change to Facebook--all of these desperate petitions and angry letters). But yeah, I thought the apps were bad enough. And they say this new layout's faster, but I've found it slower than death by pinprick.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I personally like a clean profile, so I like that they've segregated people's "boxes" into an optional tab. It doesn't make things look like such a mess.

However, I'm kind of ticked the advertisements are more prominent than they were--the clutter I felt with add-on boxes are now ad space. Plus, the "homepage" looks absolutely awful since the text isn't justified. I wish they'd swap the menu box with the status update feed. (I suspect it probably looks worse to me, on a widescreen, than other computers.)

Still ... I heard there's way to get the old layout back. You have to hunt down one of the groups against the new layout and there's some technical tricks you can do.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I like the features, but I don't like the clutter. It's so much harder to find things. I mean, yeah, how do you post a picture again? It was so much easier before. Right now, there are just too much going on -- it's as if they wanted to please everyone by including every single feature. I do like the stuff such as commenting on friends' statuses, pictures, etc. -- those make staying in touch with your friends more easily.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Sorry, don't see what the big deal is. I like the new layout.

People should stop whinging and just get used to it. My friend's Facebook status sums it up.

Chris wonders if people who hate the new Facebook also said "Telephones small enough to fit in my pocket? I think I'll stick to morse code, thank you very much,"

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
that doesnt even make sense. why would you try to compare something that streamlines a design with something that is more bloated?

and i wonder why you're talking in the third person.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Yeah, but why should you do all that work just to find the frigging "post a picture" button? Sure, you can find that can of tuna at the supermarket, too, but do you want the store to be well organized or cluttered so it takes you 65 minutes to find that damn fish?

I think the problem with Facebook is that it's growing too fast, and too many people want too many features, and they're going through growing pains, and they had NO idea how to fit all that crap on to a few screens. So some interface geniuses (without actually studying human interface design) came up with all that illogical clutter. I bet they came from Microsoft.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Posting a picture is as easy as posting it before. You click the same amount of buttons. They're just different buttons now.

Sure, it'll take getting used to, but it's not harder or more cluttered.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
there's a lot more wasted space, there's a lot more cramped up text, and there's a lot more buttons to press to do simple tasks.

you have no idea how much i simply hate inefficiency.

just take a look at my posts, i am all about minimalism.

but yes, i do like that you can add comments to people's status messages.

so there's one in the plus column, and 1,056 in the negative column.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I prefer the old Facebook, but the new one isn't confusing either. I don't do all the games and applications, I don't upload picture albums either. I hate clutter and having lots of 'stuff'. It doesn't look bad when you take all the junk away and just keep the wall, and the 'friends' section. I also have my privacy settings set so people can't send application stuff to me. My page is clean and simple.