Got a little Captain in you? wtfff?

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
There is a small town in the heartland of America that holds an Applefest around this time every year. The hero/mascot of the event is a guy named Captain Apple.

Captain Apple is some poor schlubb in a big "apple" costume -- Big fuzzy, red apple head with a little hat; round fuzzy apple body; about seven feet tall with a green leaf cape. Yay Captain Apple!

In the merchandise trailer are the usual collection of event related products, including a whole line of pink children's t-shirts that read:

"Get a little Captain in YOU."

The long standing advertising campaign for Captain Morgan Rum makes this whole idea bad enough. But if you take that out of the equation, what your left with is just... wrong.

Oh, and according to one of the event staff, apparently I'm a "liberal, communist, sicko" for thinking that. I just pointed out the connection to alcohol. She's the one who's mind went the other way.

:) I love small towns. :)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
832667%7EWomen-s-Captain-Morgan-Got-a-Little-Captain-in-you-Posters.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
And these people haven't contacted Captain Morgan to be a sponsor of this event? What are they waiting for? Marketing GOLD!

(I'm with Williebee on this one -- no matter how you slice it, that just sounds like one bad apple...)