writer blurbs/quotes on novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

libbyjane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.themommymafiabook.com
Hi all, my first novel Light Sweet Crude is being published early next year and I'm in the process of trying to get authors to read and provide a quote...does anyone else have experience with this? at this stage I'm compiling a list of writers I admire who write in similar genre and emailing them to ask if they would be able to read my manuscript and contribute a quote..or is this something I should be asking my agent to do? many thanks! Libby-Jane

bergalia

Registered
Reaction score
Writer blurbs/quotes on novel

...or is this something I should be asking my agent to do? many thanks! Libby-Jane

It's what your agent pockets 15% for. If the idle prawn isn't up to it...change them. Of course I've never considered Australia to have any 'famous' authors except for myself....
But...you might try bunging a copy to Philip Adams...good bloke...widely respected here down under.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, more so the publisher than the agent. The agent may have some contacts they could suggest, but the publisher is best placed for seeking blurbs.

It is important that a writer does actively seek blurbs as Libby-Jane has done here, especially an author on debut.

Plenty of famous authors in Aus.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.