Describe your Favorite Writing Place or Space?

Carimel

Registered
Reaction score
My favorite writing space is on the deck of course weather permitting. I also love to write in my sitting room. I write children stories and working on a mystery novel. I first write on paper then it get's transfer to my laptop. I would love to hear from everyone! Keep on writing everyone!!!!

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
There is a huge desk in my office. There is a window behind where I sit, and bookshelves on all the other walls. The place looks like a paper farm exploded, but that's exactly how I like it. Organized chaos. If anyone ever cleaned the place, I'd be lost for a year and a half. That's about it.

spacekadet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicashaw.com
I never could get the hang of working outside. It's always just a little too windy/hot/cold/sunny/etc... I get distracted. Unless I'm in a well covered space with lots of wind protection.

My favorite spot: Flightpath Coffee in Austin, Texas

http://austin.citysearch.com/review/10232531/1464677

Great big tables, quiet space, individual lamps at each table, nice staff, good coffee, good covered outdoor space for when I do get the odd inclination to work outside. Oh, and LOTS of powerpoints for my laptop!

I live in London now, but the Flightpath is one of the things I miss most about Austin. That and the food!

Monica

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I like to go to Disneyland and sit by the lake at the Hungry Bear restaurant. I love the atmosphere at Disneyland. It inspires me for some reason. I'm so silly....

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
My table has a small bookshelf with my fav pens and notebooks in the middle, the cats like to lie on the bottom shelf, and on the top are fun stuff like fantasy dragon blades, teddy bears, dragon miniatures in brass and Tigger.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My barn.

It's almost as big as my house. It has lots of light. A huge worktable, and a long counter to write on. Places to prop open books of pictures (I use photographs to travel to a place in my mind). A place for my other computer, a CD player & a radio.

Two overhead doors provide good cross ventilation and a breeze. I have shelves and shelves and shelves (with more coming) for all my reference materials.

In time, it will have its own commode and water inside so I can quit running up to the house.

Actually - I like it better than my house. :(