Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diandra

Registered
Reaction score
Today I got my second regection (I just started sending out queries) and they sent me this,

"While I found your query intriguing I’m afraid I wasn’t sufficiently enthusiastic to ask for more at this time.

As I’m sure you know, publishing is a subjective business and it’s very likely you’ll find another agent who feels differently.

I wish you the best of luck and the greatest success"

Is this some good encouragement that I have a good chance in finding an agent or do they just send this type of answer to all people they regect?

Bill Ward

billwardwriter.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.billwardwriter.com
Don't read too much into any rejection, form or otherwise. You can go crazy trying to read between the lines. Just accept it as a 'no' and don't worry about the reasons, and don't take it personally.

Mrs. Strange

Water resistant
Registered
Reaction score
I got the same one. File it away and look forward to the other 'R'- requests.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Never consider a rejection letter other than form unless the agent or editor cites specifics from the material you submitted. Your name and the name of the submitted work don't count. Those are readily plugged into a form letter.

If you get specifics on the characters, plot, style, etc., of your story, then you've gotten a personal response and, possibly, advice worth taking.

That said, a form rejection doesn't mean your offering was without merit. In fact, all a form rejection means is that the fish didn't bite this time, for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.