Ha. Judg is a judge

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
I mean, an online quiz said so.

What Kind of Empath Are You? You scored as a Judge You are a Judge Empath, one who is a "truthsayer". You can tell truth from lies, good from evil. You do not tolerate wrong doing. You are a defender of the good and the innocent. You are kind and merciful but do not play foolish games. (from "The Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

As silly as I think online quizzes are, this one isn't entirely out to lunch. The whole justice/oppression, truth/lies, good/evil dichotomy does matter to me and a great deal. These are also the traits that my MC and I have in common, although the comparison pretty much ends there. I guess you have to be able to get into their heads, eh?

Anyway, I just thought it was funny that I scored as a judge, particularly as my user name is based on my initials.

You can find the quiz "What kind of empath are you?" here. Does your result line up with what your MC would get?

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Judge 90%
Healer 85%
Universal 80%

What the heck is a "Universal"?

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
You are a Traveler Empath, you come from a time & place far removed from here. You are an innocent, in search of your own kin and have a difficult time understanding this world. You are lost & only want to find your way back home. You bring unique gifts to this world and share them with a loving heart. Although very misunderstood, you are also very forgiving

That's - weird. I remember being very young, maybe even not being able to talk yet, and realizing very clearly that I'd come into the story in the middle and had no idea what was going on. Kind of like I'd been put here to impersonate a human and hadn't been properly briefed. And my mind seems to work at some wierd obtuse angle from everyone else's - as I've probably proven more than once here. Some days I'd swear I'm either a space alien or that I have some kind of borderline case of - something. Aspberger's, maybe?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this!

Artist 80%
Precog 65%
Shaman 60%

You are an Artist Empath, one who creates their own reality and infuses the realities of others with your energy & emotions. You are poetic and sensitive. You turn your feelings into creations and share them with the world. Everything you touch turns to song and is freed by the color of your eyes. Your spirit dances with the winds and paints delight in the evening sky. (from the "Book of Storms" by Jad Alexander at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Empaths/)

I guess this explains why I like to dance in the rain!

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. People actually seem to be identifying with their results. Pretty good for an online quiz. But nobody's talking about their MC... :cry:

Oh, sorry ...

My MC from my currently subbed novel is an artist in that she's a novelist. Unlike me, she's pragmatic (a word I hate) and sympathetic. One thing I really love about her is she sees everyone on the same level, minus all the baggage we all carry.

As for my current WIP, I have (I know this sounds crazy) 4 MC's - all middle aged women who are facing widowhood (quirky women's fiction). Needless to say, I'm having a ball with their very different personas. I can see one as an artist, definitely; one more judge-like. Still working on the other two.

Thanks for encouraging the insight!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got Judge, too. 80% I'm a "truthsayer"

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Artist
80%
Judge
80%
Healer
75%

My MCs tend to be more pragmatic than me. They are not very emotionally reactive. I am not either, but I feel more than I express. My mind is much more eccentric then people I know would think.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
How about your MC? Is she truth/justice obsessed too?

I'd say yes, but maybe I should look up the book, because it seems to me that some of what Pagey's_Girl said about the Traveler Empath could apply to her as well, and incorporating that into the story might make it a whole lot better, and a whole lot less Mary-Sueish. Plus, my novel being fantasy, there's a group of five I need to flesh out, and far too many of them are truth/justice obsessed, when they could be otherwise. :)