PDA

View Full Version : If anyone thinks

Shadow_Ferret
09-11-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm just joking when I say I have attention deficit, I have a tale to tell.

Today is my wife's birthday. And no, I did not forget it.

In fact, on my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a couple cute cards, one from me, and one from the kids, and then I picked up a cake. A full sheet.

So I get it home and I pull it out, "Surprise!"

And she looks at it and goes, "It's lovely. But why does it say, 'Happy Anniversary'?"

Doh!

Disa
09-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Awe. You get an A for effort! :)

auntybug
09-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Oh Ed.... Gotta love you, baby!

You'll get some anyway ;)

regdog
09-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Cards and a cake that's more than most get. I agree A for effort

Silver King
09-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Well it is, after all, the anniversary of her birth, right? So you scored a 10 in my book. :Thumbs:

mscelina
09-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Sorry. I couldn't help but laugh...and laugh....and as a matter of fact I'm STILL laughing. That's absofrickinlutely hysterical Ed. And very cute.

*giggles*

Yep. Still laughing. I'm she is too. :)

Shadow_Ferret
09-11-2008, 04:12 AM
but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you?

Good. :)

Yes, she thought it was pretty funny. THen I asked if a package had come yet? And she said, No. And I said, Darnit. Part of your Christmas present didn't come yet!

And she's like, "Are you celebrating every holiday but my birthday?"

DL Hegel
09-11-2008, 04:31 AM
but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you?

Good. :)

Yes, she thought it was pretty funny. THen I asked if a package had come yet? And she said, No. And I said, Darnit. Part of your Christmas present didn't come yet!

And she's like, "Are you celebrating every holiday but my birthday?"
Poor Shadow--remember to read your cakes as well as the cards:)

Shadow_Ferret
09-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Luckily, I DID read the cards. The cake, I saw "Happy" and just ran with it.

Bubastes
09-11-2008, 04:40 AM
:roll:

Silver King
09-11-2008, 04:44 AM
Just think how much trouble you'd be in right now had you included her AGE in bright pink icing on that cake!

Ken
09-11-2008, 05:11 AM
you should've played it off like the baker made the mistake, writing down the wrong thing. I've actually bought several cakes from bakers who've mispelled names and whatnot, e.g. Penny instead of Jenny.

Rolling Thunder
09-11-2008, 05:15 AM
*scatters shiny objects on floor, watches Ferret's head explode*

katiemac
09-11-2008, 05:22 AM
It's French! Bon anniversaire!

Ken
09-11-2008, 05:26 AM
pieces SF back together and makes him as good as new :e2heartbe

C.bronco
09-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Close enough. It's cake, after all.

VoltShadow
09-11-2008, 05:34 AM
You remembered, it counts bro. 1000 points a piece. Now you just need to post up the cake so we can have a slice.

vixey
09-11-2008, 05:40 AM
It's French! Bon anniversaire!

I was going to say that!

The important part, SF, is that you remembered! (hint: sparkly gems always work if you think you really screwed up)

Silver King
09-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Off topic, but when my youngest son's first birthday came around, I asked my sister, THE BAKER, to write a little something for him.

She said, "You better put it down on paper."

So I did. She still misspelled his freaking name!

I still love her... barely. ;)

tjwriter
09-11-2008, 05:56 AM
That's cute, Ed.

I saw the thread title and completed that sentence as:

If anyone thinks, they should stop it at once.

Silver King
09-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Not to diss my sister or anything, but she owned a Baskin Robbins franchise for a while, and the number one complaint she had with customers was misspellings. I warned that it would lead to her ruin as a cake decorator and business owner.

She thought I was crazy. At one point, she said, "All people care about is how the cake tastes. That's all that matters."

She was wrong and lost her business.

Cranky
09-11-2008, 06:08 AM
Let's see. For your wife's birthday, you got:

1) Two cards

2) A cake

3) And apparently, another gift in addition to that.

Ed, you score a home run. Happy Anniversary instead of Happy Birthday? No big deal at all. I think you just added major brownie points to your account. :D

Ken
09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
I mispelled "misspelled," in my post up above in which I was complaining about a baker misspelling the words on cakes wrong. Embarrassing. *Makes speedy departure.*

ps Bummer about your sis losing her business, SK.
The B&R by me merged with a Dunkin Donuts, so perhaps she's better off.
Sign of hard times for the chain store.

BenPanced
09-11-2008, 06:49 AM
So what did the cards say? So sorry on the news of your loss? Congratulations on Your First Holy Communion? Happy Bat Mitzvah?

czjaba
09-11-2008, 06:49 AM
The point is she got a heartfelt gift ON her birthday.

For our 10th wedding anniversary, I got a Big Mac, a week late. And that's because as soon as I remembered, I called him at the bar (where he went every Monday to shoot pool with friends). And the only reason I got a Big Mac was because the bartender ran out of popcorn. But Hubby still got brownie points and that is one anniversary present I'll never forget!! :D

Fraulein
09-11-2008, 06:50 AM
I love the story Ed! It made my boyfriend and I laugh like kiddies. :tongue

BenPanced
09-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I mispelled "misspelled," in my post up above in which I was complaining about a baker misspelling the words on cakes wrong. Embarrassing. *Makes speedy departure.*

ps Bummer about your sis losing her business, SK.
The B&R by me merged with a Dunkin Donuts, so perhaps she's better off.
Sign of hard times for the chain store.
So...if the bakery misspelled the words wrong, that means they got them right?

Ken
09-11-2008, 07:01 AM
So...if the bakery misspelled the words wrong, that means they got them right?

yep; and it also follows, then, that my much beloved Jenny was actually some stranger named Penny! :-O

Matera the Mad
09-11-2008, 07:20 AM
You've just been using Word too much, ferret-face. Spell-check syndrome! Anniversary, Birthday -- what's the difference, as long as the word is spelled right, right/rite/write/wright? :D

Susie
09-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Aww, that's funny and very sweeet at the same time, Ed. Now for your anniversary, buy her a cake that says "Happy Birthday." :D

Shadow_Ferret
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Aww, that's funny and very sweeet at the same time, Ed. Now for your anniversary, buy her a cake that says "Happy Birthday." :D
:D Great idea, Susie!

maestrowork
09-11-2008, 08:19 AM
:D Great idea, Susie!

Just don't spell your wife's name Susie, unless her name really is Susie...

:)

benbradley
09-11-2008, 08:38 AM
So this implies some other guy took a cake home to his wife that says "Happy Birthday, <your wife's name>!"

While you weren't perfect, you definitely got the better deal...:)

Stlight
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Man bringing cake is a good thing. Or the world has gone completely mad.

Stlight

Pagey's_Girl
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
That really sounds like something I would have done. And I was diagnosed with ADD as a kid, but I think I'm just scatterbrai---ooooh, look! Bright shiny object! Pretty....

Happy Anniversary (of the Day I Was Born) - works for me. You definately get the A++ .