Spanish nickname for my character

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
One of the characters in my wip had part of his foot amputated in a railroad accident and so walks with a limp. In the English version I called him Hopalong or Hoppy for short. Is there something in Spanish that would be equivalent without being insulting?

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Cojear is the verb "to limp" -- you might google a couple of the translation sites for that word and see what variations you get. Cojeado might be the adjectival form? You could also use lisiado, whose direct translation is "crippled" (not exactly in wide use in English). I don't know any nicknames for this that wouldn't be grossly insulting.

Unless that's what you want...

A useful phrase in this case is ¡Eso sueña a insulto¡ or "that sounds insulting!"

Kathie Freeman

That Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
catbook.biz
It isn't the whole foot that is missing, just the front 2 inches or so, and it isn't visible with a boot on. Hopalong is actually a reference to Hopalog Cassidy, the old-time cowboy star, and the person using the nickname is an old friend. I was thinking maybe something like Brincadero, but if that would be considered insulting I won't use it.