Stop screwin' with pizza, dammit!

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw an ad for a chicken, bacon, ranch pizza and I puked in my mouth a little. And died a little inside.

Damn you, certain pizza chain! Stop screwin' with my pizza!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have wheat gluten allergies. You want gross pizza-rice based gluten free pizza-it's just so wrong. I actually debate whether it would be worth getting sick for a day or two just to eat a good old fashin cheese pizza

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I saw the thread title and I thought this was going to be about some perverse news story. Whew!

But, I dont mind experimenting with pizza. Who said it has to only be tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni?

Bacon on pizza is delish.

And we ate at a place that was set up like a pizza *brain fart!* a... bar, one of those places you go to that has all the food on steam tables and you can eat as much of everything you want... gah!

Anyway, they had all sorts of pizzas. BLT pizzas. A chicken ranch, like you mentioned. Just every different style you could imagine. Best pizza joint EVAH! Absolutely mouth watering. *sighs and drools*

I wish they were local because I don't feel like drivng 50 miles just to have a pizza.

I have wheat gluten allergies. You want gross pizza-rice based gluten free pizza-it's just so wrong. I actually debate whether it would be worth getting sick for a day or two just to eat a good old fashin cheese pizza
Bah. I have so many food alergies all I should be eating is jello and I hate jello. So I live with daily stomach distress so I can eat what I like.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
And we ate at a place that was set up like a pizza *brain fart!* a... bar, one of those places you go to that has all the food on steam tables and you can eat as much of everything you want... gah!

Anyway, they had all sorts of pizzas. BLT pizzas. A chicken ranch, like you mentioned. Just every different style you could imagine. Best pizza joint EVAH! Absolutely mouth watering. *sighs and drools*

I believe the word you're looking for is "buffet." :)

As for me, I'm with kct on this. And have you looked at the potato chip aisle lately? Meat-flavoured potato chips are just so wrong!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I believe the word you're looking for is "buffet." :)

As for me, I'm with kct on this. And have you looked at the potato chip aisle lately? Meat-flavoured potato chips are just so wrong!
Yes. Buffet! Thanks! That was going to drive me nuts for the rest of the day, then at 3am I would have woken up and gone, "Buffet!" And my wife would hit me over the head with a pillow and I'd stare at the ceiling for hours until I came online to edit my post, only to have forgotten the word again.

Poore Brothers put out a Steak flavored chip, no longer available here, that was delicious. Pringles has a "short time only" chip that's a cheeseburger. Interesting.

I guess I'm not a food snob about these things. I'll try anything and few combinations put me off.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I made a delicious, homemade Baked Potato Pizza twice. It's wonderful. Potatos, sour cream, ranch dressing, shredded cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, bacon, all on a pizza crust....*drools*

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. Buffet! Thanks! That was going to drive me nuts for the rest of the day, then at 3am I would have woken up and gone, "Buffet!" And my wife would hit me over the head with a pillow and I'd stare at the ceiling for hours until I came online to edit my post, only to have forgotten the word again.

:ROFL:

Thanks for the laugh. I know I absolutely hate it when I can't find a simple word like that in my lumber-room of a mind...

Cheeseburger potato chips? Ick. I'm one of those folks who likes plain food, not terribly well cooked. I didn't even put ketchup on anything until I was in my teens.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I made a delicious, homemade Baked Potato Pizza twice. It's wonderful. Potatos, sour cream, ranch dressing, shredded cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, bacon, all on a pizza crust....*drools*
Wait. Did you make the pizza two times or was it a twice baked potato piizza?

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I believe I once saw an ad for a pizza buffet-style restaurant that had PB&J pizza or maybe PB and banana...that made me wince. Maybe it was just a bad dream...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take this opportunity to voice a pizza-related complaint.

When I go to a buffet, there should always be some pepperoni on deck. ALWAYS. I hate it when you go to a buffet and there are assorted pizzas with gotdamn pineapples and anchovies and shuriken and other weird toppings, but not one pepperoni.

If I ask a little kid to draw a picture of a pizza, you know what I'll get? A large circle divided into six or eight triangular sections with a bunch of smaller circles drawn all over it. You know what that is? A drawing of pepperoni pizza. You know why that's what a little kid would draw?

Because that's the damn standard topping of pizza. I'm all for variety in pizza toppings, but you should always have a pepperoni ready at the buffet table. Always...

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
No one mentioned chocolate pizza yet?! Hmmmm....

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say that ranch dressing on pizza is nothing short of heavenly?

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
Fresh minced garlic, fresh spinach, fresh tomato slices and mushrooms on top for me (but it has to be a place with quality ingredients). And I am partial to standard red sauce.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I think your thread title deserves a place in AW's Hall of Fame for thread titles. If they had one, that is. :D Yeah, I like my pizza w. plain ol' cheese (ok, and chocolate) :) and I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
There's a buffet down the street from me that has macaroni & cheese pizza. It has pasta on top. I didn't like it.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There's a buffet down the street from me that has macaroni & cheese pizza. It has pasta on top. I didn't like it.
I've seen commercials on cable for that! I forget the name.

Unfortunately there aren't any in our area. I hate commercials for things I can't get. It seems like the worst form of torture.

I love mac and cheese in all it's forms, even deep fried and on a stick. I think on a pizza would be heavenly. :)