PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner?

Elonna
09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Just being nosey as I take a break from transcribing to have my dinner...what is everyone else having for dinner tonight?

I'm have Parmesean noodles with Mizithra :)
Nummy!

Keyboard Hound
09-10-2008, 03:29 AM
Tiny new potatos no bigger than the end of my thumb rolled in butter and baked golden crisp. These potatoes were just dug and a little soil will have to be washed from them. Corn on the cob so fresh the long silks have not swiveled a bit, and chicken with curry power--if we can find out how to use it. It sure smells good.

I just got back from the farmer's market--what a haul!

Woodsie
09-10-2008, 03:30 AM
:hooray:It's taco night!!!

jessicaorr
09-10-2008, 04:50 AM
We had Sesame Chicken. Yummy :D

Elonna
09-10-2008, 04:52 AM
Gosh I just ate and I'm getting hungry again just reading this...especially potatos...mmmm, I love me some potatos! :tongue

Susie
09-10-2008, 06:58 AM
We had pizza and a side dish of spaghetti & meatballs. Yummy. Elonna, what's Mizithra?

Eskimo1990
09-10-2008, 07:12 AM
We went to Red Robin. Yum! :)

Don
09-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Hamburgers on the grill, with a side dish of pasta. Tasty!

Elonna
09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Elonna, what's Mizithra?

It's a pungent goat's milk cheese that by itself isn't very appetizing (very salty) but on pasta and such, in place of parmesean (or in addition to), is delicious. They serve it at the Spaghetti Factory restaurants if you've ever been to one of those?

maestrowork
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
I went to a five-star restaurant tonight and had a four-course dinner. Very nice.

Menu (if I remember correctly):

1st course: white gazpacho with shrimp and almond salad

2nd course: arugula with sweet corn, truffles, green tomatoes, beet and a light sauce

3rd course: duck breast over risotto, in a red wine reduction sauce

4th course: white chocolate mousse, chocolate cake and berries and creme.

kct webber
09-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Grilled salmon marinaded in pinapple juice and brandy, spinach leaf salad with feta, olives, and tomatoes, and cottage cheese with manderin oranges. I'm full.

DamaNegra
09-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I just had a quesadilla and a glass of milk.

JoeEkaitis
09-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Popeye's spicy chicken. Cathy wants macaroni and cheese on the side and I'm having Cajun wet fries (battered French fries with Cajun gravy).

Elonna
09-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I went to a five-star restaurant tonight and had a four-course dinner. Very nice.

Menu (if I remember correctly):

1st course: white gazpacho with shrimp and almond salad

2nd course: arugula with sweet corn, truffles, green tomatoes, beet and a light sauce

3rd course: duck breast over risotto, in a red wine reduction sauce

4th course: white chocolate mouse, chocolate cake and berries and creme.

You ate a white chocolate mouse?? That is worse than bugs, Ray! :tongue

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight yet :Shrug:

Susie
09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
It's a pungent goat's milk cheese that by itself isn't very appetizing (very salty) but on pasta and such, in place of parmesean (or in addition to), is delicious. They serve it at the Spaghetti Factory restaurants if you've ever been to one of those?

Gee, no Spaghetti Factory where we live. That sounds very good with the cheese.

Mela
09-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I didn't take anything out of the freezer this morning but it'll probably be either chicken or pork chops with a side salad of fresh spinach, red lettuce, cukes, oil and vinegar. I'm very boring.

maestrowork
09-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Tonight, I'm having a salad. Gluttony is good, but only for one night a week.

Sarita
09-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I made a huge pot of minestrone last night and since the husband is out of town for work, I'm eating left overs or going out to eat with my dad... I think I'll go with Dad.

:)

stormie
09-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Tonight I'm making Shepherd's Pie. I've never made it before, I have a lot of leftovers, and about two weeks ago my husband mentioned he'd like to have Shepherd's Pie. When I told him this morning I was going to make it, he looked puzzled and asked, "Why are you making that?"

I'm making Shepherd's Pie anyway.

Pagey's_Girl
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
:hooray:It's taco night!!!

Me, too. :)

Mela
09-10-2008, 11:38 PM
Tonight I'm making Shepherd's Pie. I've never made it before, I have a lot of leftovers, and about two weeks ago my husband mentioned he'd like to have Shepherd's Pie. When I told him this morning I was going to make it, he looked puzzled and asked, "Why are you making that?"

I'm making Shepherd's Pie anyway.

Love Shepherd's Pie. Have made it myself. Very easy ...

Shadow_Ferret
09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm have Parmesean noodles with Mizithra :)

Cool. Who's Mizithra and why weren't the rest of us invited?

tjwriter
09-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Marinated chicken breasts with something starchy and something vegetable-y.

DamaNegra
09-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Not surprisingly, tonight I'll be having a quesadilla and a glass of milk for dinner.

Shadow_Ferret
09-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I think we're having stir fry. I won't know until I get home and my wife tells me what I'm cooking.

Seaclusion
09-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Chicken curry over basmati rice. (had Pad Thai for lunch)

Richard

Kitrianna
09-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Lord only knows what I'll make from what I can find in the cupboards. I just know that our housemate and Kthrok will love it. They loved lunch after all :)

Seaclusion
09-11-2008, 12:32 AM
What was for lunch?>

Richard

Kitrianna
09-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Something we call monster mac in our house. One lonesome box of KD mixed with diced tomatoes, minced garlic and mushrooms. Cheap, easy and yummy...if you're good. If not...it tastes nasty. I happen to be good :)

Seaclusion
09-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Sounds a lot like what we do with Black beans and rice. Throw a whole bunch of veggies or chicken or what-have-you into it.

Richard

Kitrianna
09-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Pretty much. It's supposed to have gren peppers, onions and ground beef, but I don't have any of those right now. 2 more days until payday...thank God!

Grrarrgh
09-11-2008, 12:41 AM
It's girls night out, so I'll be having spaghetti squash, sushi and multiple bottles of wine this evening. :e2drunk:

Seaclusion
09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
It's girls night out, so I'll be having spaghetti squash, sushi and multiple bottles of wine this evening. :e2drunk:

this sounds like a party that needs uninvited guests

Richard

Kitrianna
09-11-2008, 12:45 AM
We're having a party Friday from what I understand. As far as I know there will be at least 4 of us, but the male to female ratio will be perfect...if you don't count the kittens.

Elonna
09-11-2008, 03:10 AM
I need a party...a big one! lol :partyguy:

Had chips and cheese for dinner. Hard to cook for just myself when my son eats at my mom's before I pick him up after work

stormie
09-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Okay. Shepherd's Pie was a hit with three out of four members of this house. (The fourth was out at Micky D.s) I compiled a bunch of Shepherd's Pie recipes and took a little from this, a little from that. Turned out great! Will be making it more often.

Elonna--cheese and bread and a glass of wine has been dinner for me before, if I'm home alone. Or the only one eating dinner.

Silver King
09-11-2008, 04:21 AM
For those who hadn't noticed yet, AW now sports an excellent Cooking (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181) forum. That doesn't mean we cant discuss food-stuff here, of course, but I thought the other forum would be worth mentioning in case some folks may have missed the other place.

Like the time I failed to notice a new forum was created to honor AW's history. It took me only about two months to realize it existed. I blame Dawno for not sending me a memo in time! :D

ETA: Pork loin is for dinner here, with new potatoes and fresh Italian bread with gobs of butter.

maestrowork
09-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Tonight I had grilled chicken salad, beef dumplings, and corn on the cob. And orange ice cream for dessert.

Elonna
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
For those who hadn't noticed yet, AW now sports an excellent Cooking (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=181) forum. That doesn't mean we cant discuss food-stuff here, of course, but I thought the other forum would be worth mentioning in case some folks may have missed the other place.

Like the time I failed to notice a new forum was created to honor AW's history. It took me only about two months to realize it existed. I blame Dawno for not sending me a memo in time! :D

ETA: Pork loin is for dinner here, with new potatoes and fresh Italian bread with gobs of butter.

I'm sorry, I thought that was more for recipe exchange and serious cooking type stuff. This was just for fun. You can move the thread if you want :)

I had cookies and milk for dessert :tongue

AmusingMuse
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Made homemade lasagne and chicken rice soup for dinner for tonight and tomorrow.

EriRae
09-11-2008, 03:23 PM
We're having velveta shells & cheese with extra macaroni and broccoli Normandy, all in the cheese sauce. They package way too much cheese to go with those few shells.

Last night was chicken and biscuits over mashed potatoes. Would've been better had it not come out of a box ;)

Elonna
09-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Meh, I had darts tonight so had cheese sticks at the bar :poke:

Silver King
09-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Tonight we went with scallops, plump ones dusted with light breading and seasoning, then baked in a wine, butter and lemon sauce until they pulled apart at the slightest touch and juice trickled from the center.

Each time I cook scallops, I remember a friend who came over for dinner once and said, "I hate freaking scallops. I can't stand them!"

By the time he left, he claimed it was the best seafood he'd ever tasted and begged me for the recipe. :)

maestrowork
09-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I had a Subway roasted chicken sandwich with the works. Only $5 plus tax. Can't beat that. Mmmm....

Grrarrgh
09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I had a 4-way from Skyline. Delicious!!